Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best method for solo CP
Best method for solo CP
By daviant 2018-07-05 09:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guy's ideas for solo farming CP. I was doing aoe in Zi'Tah but it kinda drags and I feel like I was not getting as much capacity as I would like. What are your suggestions/strategies? if youre going to talk about cleaving try to post your set and about how many mobs do you kill per pull
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2018-07-05 09:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you done your ROV quest/missions to boost the CP gain?
Reives completion also benefits.

I don't know a good place to CP as I mostly CP in parties or simply Blue AoE kill leech
By daviant 2018-07-05 09:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Scripted
What do you mean by this?
By daviant 2018-07-05 09:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I have done the RoV quests and most of the rieves
By Justuas 2018-07-05 09:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

daviant said: »
Scripted
Bots. The answer is always bots.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 09:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guy's ideas for solo farming CP. I was doing aoe in Zi'Tah but it kinda drags and I feel like I was not getting as much capacity as I would like. What are your suggestions/strategies? if youre going to talk about cleaving try to post your set and about how many mobs do you kill per pull
Been soloing a lot in Moh Gates ugh I forgot the name. I know morimar frontier station head to the cave then get to Alex raptors or efts.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 09:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Scripted
Bots. The answer is always bots.
Lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 10:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Moh Gates Raptors. Change to Sylvie Unity (so she uses frailty+fury). Pop Qultada and Shantotto II and whoever else, and go to town. CDC spam, raptors only have 1-hit tp moves that can easily be negated with Occultation. You can chain these in succession and have likely zero competition. Might have to occasionally kill a matamata in the same area. You can use AAEV also if your healing is low, though you likely won't need it. Raptor HP/DEF + Dia3 + light Shot + Tenebral Crush = they die in seconds.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-07-05 11:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just starting out with Capacity Points, keep in mind that they're always relatively slow at first. For all the other potential bonuses out there, you get even more from Gifts.

That said, Escha Zi'Tah has pretty low level enemies - good enough for Gain XP, but for actually getting CP they aren't great. If you like AoE'ing things down, you could try moving on to Ru'Aun or Reisenjima. Mixing in some Escha can be nice for Silt, and to rack up the 20k kills for Super Revitalizers available from NPC.

Just do as large pulls as work for you or make sense with regard to how long they take to gather up.

Other places to try tend to be the Map 2 areas of Adoulin dungeon areas. Most readily accessed if you've killed the Wildskeeper Reive for the area, as the Crystal Formations will warp you there.
I'd say to check out Moh Gates for that - entry is a short run NE from Morimar Biv. 5. The eastern side of the map mostly contains Acuex, Umbrils, and Dullahans. Annoying melee targets, but they melt against magic. It's a nice(r?) area for jobs like RDM or SCH that are more single-target nukers, but BLU can take advantage of it too.

As mentioned though, I would also give the lower end Apex spots a shot. Tends to be a little more fun I think.