Square Enix Survey - Let Your Voice Be Heard!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Square Enix Survey - Let your voice be heard!
Square Enix Survey - Let your voice be heard!
First Page 2 3 4

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 23:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh *** lol. Not only does Square give absolute zero *** about anyone that isn't JP, but this, yeah.

Quote:
Massively Multiplayer Online (MMOs) (e.g., Elder Scrolls Online, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft)

Quote:
22. How interested would you be in playing a NEW FINAL FANTASY MMO that is not FINAL FANTASY XIV Online?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-27 23:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what the problem is there
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 23:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find it extremely unlikely a japanese company gives a ***about transgender as an option. even if pretending to care what NA players think.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-06-27 23:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just find it extremely unlikely a japanese company gives a ***about transgender as an option. even if pretending to care what NA players think.
I clicked "preferred to describe" and gave WHOEVER is gonna read it a few laughs!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-28 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

they want people to take the survey and giving additional options helps ensure that more people continue to the subsequent questions

it also may grant them some additional statistical insight

also lol@ thinking SE doesn't care about consumers beyond Japan
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-06-28 00:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I filled it out, and it was probably done by an intern as there were weird /unclear questions later on and Breath of the Wild was listed 3 times on the same question for some odd reason.

Also, I doubt Japan cares too much about this survey but may see data-points in a presentation. This data will get summarized and a lot of our responses ignored/tossed out before anyone with power to change things sees it.

But at least there's some chance a response might slip through to the top.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-28 00:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I clicked "preferred to describe" and gave WHOEVER is gonna read it a few laughs!
Do robots laugh?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-28 01:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know that I'm not as much of a gamer or geek as I thought I was. Most of my gaming was done during the glory days of Squaresoft and not SquareEnix, however.

On the "Game you would like to see SquareEnix make" question, I said that I'd like to see a pokemon-like game utilizing Final Fantasy monsters and Dragonquest monsters. I only know of DragonQuest monsters.
By Afania 2018-06-28 01:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

LGBT right isn't just NA thing.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-28 01:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
pokemon-like game utilizing Final Fantasy monsters
Panktration

or if snap is your style, grab a soul catcher 2000.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-28 01:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Good to know that I'm not as much of a gamer or geek as I thought I was. Most of my gaming was done during the glory days of Squaresoft and not SquareEnix, however.
Not entirely accurate, just because they make few good titles since then (as most of their good developers left and Enix was/is a pubishing powerhouse, not a developer) doesn't mean you're not a nerd.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-28 03:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an 'attack helicopter delta strikeforce' and i filled out the survey. be ready for like 50 questions with some having multiple boxes they want you to check if you click the link it can take a few mins.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-28 03:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
I'm an 'attack helicopter delta strikeforce' and i filled out the survey. be ready for like 50 questions with some having multiple boxes they want you to check if you click the link it can take a few mins.

haha gender identity is so funny top kek
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 05:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

No, but making a big deal out of it is. trans anywhere else don't care enough to force everyone else to know they're trans.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-28 05:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but making a big deal out of it is. trans anywhere else don't care enough to force everyone else to know they're trans.

You sure are making a big deal out of other people allegedly making it a big deal.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 06:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, well, I thought the survey was *** (it IS ***) but literal ***.

I'm also not Japanese, so
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-28 08:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Then don't take the survey. And don't comment on the thread dedicated to it. Like how I feel P&R is BS, so I don't comment on the P&R threads.
By Justuas 2018-06-28 08:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Then don't take the survey. And don't comment on the thread dedicated to it. Like how I feel P&R is BS, so I don't comment on the P&R threads.
You're forgetting where we are.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-28 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
You're forgetting where we are.
I have not forgotten. I know this is the internet. But it doesn't make it right. I can still demand respect.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-28 08:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What don't you complain about?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 09:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got to question 40.

Quote:
40. Which of the following games have you played in the LAST 30 days? (Select all that apply.)

Final Fantasy XI is specifically not listed. In fact, in various questions that ask you to list your experience on games, FFXI is hardly included. It's included in the "list of games you played", but nothing that would indicate their intentions to improve the game or hear any feedback about that one in particular.

The only place they allow you to include your FFXI feedback is in the boxes where you can explicitly list your concerns. From someone who works in a big corporation who has interacted with those who create this mass-audience surveys, I can 100% guarantee FFXI plans are totally unaffected or ignored by this survey, so don't get hopeful. This is just a standard feedback collection that will store in a DB and be presented in a deck later on to give a picture of their "fan's" wishes. There wasn't enough FFXI-options that would indicate this game in particular is what they want to find out about. Basically this was all about gaming, buying, playing, and content searching habits. This would help them going into 2019 to make adjustments for their new growing consumer's needs (millenials, streaming and digital content ugrades, etc). Typical manner of collecting info to help guide them into making "business decision"s.

Quote:
But at least there's some chance a response might slip through to the top.

Zero. This is standard data collection and will not impact the games in any meaningful way. What's interesting is this survey was clearly written by someone who copy/pasted these questions from excel or some other source. They are somewhat confusing and there were several choices where the question had multiples of the same response. Any box that asked you to explain anything in particular was kind of strange to me as well.

Oh well, I took it regardless because I like SE's games and tried to be as honest as possible. But my hopes for this netting something positive for the FFXI community is about the chances of me winning Bonanza Rank 1.
By zaxtiss 2018-06-28 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i put the "Other" boxes add more team members to the developer team for FFXI lol think they will get the hint?
By clearlyamule 2018-06-28 10:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but this isn't about LGBT rights it's a check mark on a survey. And while better than decent portions of Asian, Japan is decently farther behind in this. I believe they still classify it as gender dysphoria but then again pretty sure the DSM does as well
By clearlyamule 2018-06-28 10:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can still demand respect.
No you demand my attention
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 10:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Yeah but this isn't about LGBT rights it's a check mark on a survey. And while better than decent portions of Asian, Japan is decently farther behind in this. I believe they still classify it as gender dysphoria but then again pretty sure the DSM does as well

They probably added this option for inclusion purposes. If enough of their audience identifies as something else other than M/F, they might be inclined to create characters/content/storyline excerpts that feature the changing and varying world around us, for inclusion purposes. They did it with the Star Wars SOLO movie with Lando, and it's a growing trend of "feeling included", even into as much as video games. I didn't think much of it, but from a business, I can see them centering on this for that purpose. Race has taken a backseat to Gender Identity lately when it comes to "universal appeal".
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-06-28 10:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

>Prefer to describe
[I'm offended you asked.]
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-28 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I will proudly do this survey. But spend 10 hours on the gender part. “A black momba dragon stallion?” Or “a big booty peach?”
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-28 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent the most time on what you think SE could do better. Most of it consisting of actually reading the surveys from non jp players.

I had a hard time with the which is your favorite game company. THink it was squaresoft rules Enix drools
[+]
First Page 2 3 4