users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Voltstrike issues
Voltstrike issues
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-31 20:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone experiencing their Ramuh doing less than normal damage? Capped buffs/debuffs and all the normal things (idris/rolls)

Seems a bit harder and its unexplained given our group has been static for 1+ years.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 20:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna say that, it's probably a gearswap fail. More than anything.

More information required. But no, everything is working the same as always.

Your particular issue could be a myriad of things, ranging from "oops *** up rolls", "forgot to dia", Guarded, blinded, forgot food, didn't lock main hand, vorseals wore off, etc
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-31 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'm hypothetically looking for "if everything on the user end is perfect"... has anyone noticed a dmg change, potential ninja nerf or the likes....
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 21:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But no, everything is working the same as always.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-31 21:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-31 22:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
gearswap fail
I don't know this feel.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-31 22:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Thanks, I'm hypothetically looking for "if everything on the user end is perfect"... has anyone noticed a dmg change, potential ninja nerf or the likes....
By perfect do you mean you've locked gear and ensured all buffs/debuffs are the same?
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-10 19:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Load up equipviewer and see in real-time whether gearswap is properly loading your gear. Also check that your gearswap properly sets up avatar's favor.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-10 20:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

equipviewer is far from 'real time', the correct answer is to lock your ***for conduit every time though
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-06-11 06:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to unload and reload every time, then you could also bind or macro /con gearswap enable/disable.

it's far simpler and easier to just use standard macros and equipsets on summoner imo. But that'd mean people would need to admit they suck, rather than blame gearswap for breaking on them.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-11 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also use commands to ignore Gearswap.

If you use "//raw /ja bpname <t>" then it's gonna ignore Gearswap.
By the same line you could make a macrobook with BP commands that use the in-game sets system (which as far as I know is absolutely flawless, as far as SMN strange GS issues are concerned).

By the same logic you could make a custom gearswap that does precast/midcast/aftercast only for magic (summoning, cures, random spells, blahblah) but then avoid on purpose to define BP swaps.
That way Gearswap won't attempt to swap gear for BP commands (because you didn't define any swap) and, by the same logic, you could handle those swaps with the in-game macros and sets system.

It's something I've been planning to do for the longest time but I'm too lazy.

Btw I don't think anybody exactely found out what the GS issue with BPs is. It's just that sometimes the damage is lower than it should be, which is a signal your pet executed the BP while the master was equipping the wrong set. I *think* this happens when the BP takes longer than expected and the BP fires with Aftercast/Idle gear. But who knows, maybe I could be wrong and maybe it's a matter of BP firing off with Precast gear? I doubt.

Regardless as far as I know this "issue" doesn't happen with the in-game system.
Me and other people have been pestering Byrth for the longest time to find a solution and we helped him testing several different custom values changes in the GS luas, but to no avail.

Wonder what it's different in the in-game system, that doesn't seem to be affected by possible packet losses, compared to GS?
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-06-11 07:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've messed with somthing along the lines of making everything midcast in bp set, and defining everything else individually just to see what happens, and making a table for magical bps. Results were still weaker with random increases. Using equipsets and macros were still superior here.

When player uses bp:rage, pet ws doesn't immediately do damage, correct?

I'm thinking it's probably a conflict with pet midaction/aftercast and player midcast/aftercast, causing it to go off in Idle set.

Endgame summoners are nearly instant, but im sure there's just big enough of a window to cause problems.

Only difference i've found between gs and my standard macros is how long the wait is to put on idle, ensuring nothing interferes with my pets damage.

However, I'm not that great at gearswap, so i thought maybe i was just screwing up somewhere. But since so many seem to be noticing issues, then maybe this'll help.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-06-11 08:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Monthly allowance of Voltstrike uses have been capped. Please contact Squareenix to procure more Voltstrike credits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-06-11 11:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
By perfect do you mean you've locked gear and ensured all buffs/debuffs are the same?

Yep. 3-4 nirvana SMNs with our BPD set locked. 1-2 idris geos. 1-2 capped cors, 1 capped bard, and a RUN

We've done many aeonics to date with the same static people. Never changes, all of a sudden our last helm run was rocky as hell. I blame the geo
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-11 14:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
When player uses bp:rage, pet ws doesn't immediately do damage, correct?
Correct, the BP has a 1.25 second ready time. (Shock Squall is the one exception, it's only something like 0.25s ready time).

It seems like aftercast generally fires before pet_midcast, but I'm not sure if that's always true so I wouldn't assume it is. So swap to your BP damage gear in either aftercast or pet_midcast, and then make sure whichever one doesn't do it, doesn't instead swap something else (like your idle gear in aftercast) so that those two functions aren't stepping on each other.

For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any change in Volt Strike damage on high-end mobs.
[+]