#movetoasura
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-17 15:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Only respond if you’re on asura right now and still play!!

Pros:

Cons:

So for now on if someone is unsure to move to asura here you go! No more threads!!
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-05-17 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

pros:more people
cons:those people are from asura
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-17 16:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo. Erics nailed the entirety of it so elegantly.

Pro;Con

***on the Auction House; But over valued

Shouts actually happen; but more than half of it is pure ***/irritation

Groups recruiting; that fail content

Ambuscade!; Queue (time of day varies wildly)

Easy to get gear; (most)Mercs overcharge
[+]
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2018-05-17 16:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pros: Lots of shouts and people to do stuff with, Lots of stuff for sale on AH.

Cons: Long ambuscade wait times, Hard to find good CP camps with the CP campaign on, Lots of immature trolls on Asura now :(
By fonewear 2018-05-17 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: More people more trolls more mercs more drama

Con: More people more trolls more mercs more drama
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2018-05-17 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro: Spicey and Azzriel fights

Cons: Spicey and Azzriel fights
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-17 17:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Cons: There are people here with deep psychological issues that stem from being neglected in childhood and avoiding social interaction by playing FFXI thereafter.

*In my joker voice*
AND. HERE. WE. GO!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-17 17:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
DirectX said: »
Cons: There are people here with deep psychological issues that stem from being neglected in childhood and avoiding social interaction by playing FFXI thereafter.

*In my joker voice*
AND. HERE. WE. GO!
Let’s try to keep this just about pros and cons. Fighting is great in PM
By axetofall 2018-05-17 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you actually want to play with and see other people move to Asura

If you just wanna play the story and do RoV and ***play wherever you want, it doesn't matter
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-17 18:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Pro: Spicey and Azzriel fights

Cons: Spicey and Azzriel fights
Pros: Publishes detailed Dragoon guides
Cons: Doesn't know how Jumps work
By Justuas 2018-05-17 18:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Groups recruiting; that fail content

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-05-17 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

get out
By fonewear 2018-05-18 07:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Live look in of Asura server:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Aeolys
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Aeolys 2018-05-18 07:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I reactivated my account after a five year hiatus. I am on Fenrir and I have not seen more than 390 people online (most bazaar mules) at any one time. It is terribly lonely on Fenrir.

Last night I was working on acquiring Trusts and simultaneously pushing through some WotG content and I basically had my pick of any mob that I wanted.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-18 07:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i've also been on fenrir for awhile. i've recently termed my experience of late as a "massively single-player online rpg."
my ls only does stuff on the weekends, so im left to fend for myself the rest of the time. there are no shouts, ever.
 Asura.Asmov
By Asura.Asmov 2018-05-18 08:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

pros: more people to play with
cons: *** like hautsi telling new players to not farm merits where he is cause he'll make you pay
for those saying context matters i had been there for around 3-4 hours at this point and hadnt seen him until that time.
Also regardless of the situation he couldve just asked.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-18 08:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, if you camp on someone else, the person that was already there isn't the ***. Just sayin' That particular idiot, is an idiot though, so, yeah.

Context matters. And player warning?
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-05-18 09:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

About a year ago I moved to asura after a very lengthy break. I don't know how lengthy but my last event I was part of a bard zerg rotation....so a long time ago. When I came back from this break on my previous server I wanted to go after idris and started coalitions straight away. And six months later I still needed plasm because I could never get anyone else to do delve. So I made a three box mule (along with my already in pocket 2 box mule) to be able to enter. Then when it came time to make idris there were never enough skirmish stones on ah. So instead of taking a month to buy them I had to farm them. It was a ridiculous experience.

Then I moved to asura and have been able to do a ton of stuff through shout in addition to finding multiple linkshells. There is a learning curve on who to not join in ambjscade shouts. And there is an acquired skill in ignoring non relevant shouts. But because of crafting shields the price of hqs is low and the only downside is congestion at ambu and cp camps. And to be honest it is piss easy to outpull most groups if you have a hint of collibri training from the old days.

Since I server swapped some of my friends have come back to the old server. But I just can't go back to not having the option of getting stuff done unless every person I know is online and in the mood. Now if you have connections on a non populated server it may be a different story. But if you don't stop trying to swim against the current.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-18 18:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-18 19:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If I come to hang out with you on asura you gotta make me them gears!
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2018-05-18 19:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We (my husband and I) just came back after a 2-year hiatus. Asura was always my home. Despite going away for 2 years (and considering the game's age itself), I was amazed at how populated it still is. We got a linkshell immediately, and now just playing catch-up so we can do things.

No matter where you go, there's always gonna be some drama. With higher-populated servers, there is gonna be drama at least once a day. Some of it is entertaining, and some of it not so much, but the drama is kinda how you know if your server's dead or not.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-05-18 20:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solymr said: »
Then when it came time to make idris there were never enough skirmish stones on ah. So instead of taking a month to buy them I had to farm them. It was a ridiculous experience.

Just so anyone who hasn't done an Ergon knows, do not farm these stones. Convert Copper Vouchers to Obsidion Fragments and buy them off the Galka by the Inventor's Coallition.
[+]
By Kimmy78 2018-05-30 00:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I originally started in Asura back in 2002 and I was so glad to get off that server in 2005. I changed servers 3 times since then but back then that server had a large number of now former players that were only looking out for themselves when it came to end game and being a person with a full time job on the late shift back then it was impossible to deal with those individuals. I recalled one player that got a power trip when we were just casually farming rams and the HQ boss popped. Suddenly he went from casual player to someone that wanted to do nothing but end game. I ended up getting booted from two different linkshells over stuff that were proven to be lies and that second time I made the decision to leave Asura for what was Remora. I had a much better time on Remora and it eventually merged into Leviathan.

Leviathan ended up being a dead server and I could never get stuff done so last year I went to Phoenix on the suggestion of a few fellow YouTube live streamers. I had to change my character name along with a name of one of my mules. I have since finished most of the content with a few exceptions (not cleared any of the Dreamland Dynamis because I been using those areas as currency farming areas), but now I have been in the process of questing all Empryean WS (forced to farm WOE for the two certain items) and now working on getting relic #2 done.

On Phoenix we actually get stuff done.
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-30 01:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to Asura, you may end up cameo'ing on YouTube.

At the very least you'll want to come here for the yell wars.

[+]
By Afania 2018-05-30 01:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
At the very least you'll want to come here for the yell wars.

Ruaumoko said: »
yell wars.

Thanks but no thanks. Don't know what's so entertaining about it, Im probably too old.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-05-30 05:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pros: SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
cons: SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

pros: shouts are always busy
Cons: shouts are 99.9% retards rolling in their own poo.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4