Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Aiiiight
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aiiiight
By Fenrir.Aiiiight 2018-05-14 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer. I just returned to Fenrir, and it appears to be dead. Seems it is more of a end game only server now. I was an avid player back in the day, quitting while doing rhapsodies due to other commitments and such. I hear this server still has a range of players, I as such am a few years behind now. I can only summon four trusts, so am pretty far behind.
All pre SoA is complete, with a few empys and a Nirvana. Would love to get that pimped right out!
Have a great day!
 Asura.Diluted
Server: Asura
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2018-05-14 11:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a very populated server, so you won't need to worry about that.

As long as you learn to ignore all the childish shouts/yells I think it's a pretty good server. You shouldn't have much trouble finding something suited to your level.
By fonewear 2018-05-14 11:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ignore and the merc shouts and trolls you are ignoring about 90% of the server population.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 11:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If you ignore and the merc shouts and trolls you are ignoring about 90% of the server population.
Uhh 91 :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-14 11:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

May I be the voice for the small servers- if you're a solid player who can learn quickly, uses either gearswap or ashitacast, and don't mind gearing up a job to help before your "favorite" job is endgame ready, a small server could be more rewarding than the Asura bandwagon. Us small servers are more in need a GOOD players over GEARED players- a productive small server shell can gear you up faster than a flood of PUGs on Asura.

Shells like the one I run with are always looking for dedicated people who are gonna stick around, show up on time, listen to advice, and play smart. The gear is the easiest thing to fix. You just might find a happier permanent home where you are truly helping a cause vs. a cog in a wheel.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 11:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider the trolls an integral part of the server. Without trolls the /yell feature would just be people selling stuff and mercs.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-05-14 11:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I transferred from Fenrir to Asura bout a year ago, and am very happy here overall.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 11:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »
I transferred from Fenrir to Asura bout a year ago, and am very happy here overall.
facts I don't like!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
It's getting worse. But it's a necessary evil.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 11:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is an accurate representation of Asura but with better spelling.

To give you the real representation it would be something like this.

I'm elite HUUURRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR.... I'm elite ! Hurrrr Duur

Buy my overpriced stuff in my Bazaar HuuuR !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 11:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is an accurate representation of Asura but with better spelling.

To give you the real representation it would be something like this.

I'm elite HUUURRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR.... I'm elite ! Hurrrr Duur

Buy my overpriced stuff in my Bazaar HuuuR !
Lol :dead:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-14 11:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer. I just returned to Fenrir, and it appears to be dead. Seems it is more of a end game only server now. I was an avid player back in the day, quitting while doing rhapsodies due to other commitments and such. I hear this server still has a range of players, I as such am a few years behind now. I can only summon four trusts, so am pretty far behind.
All pre SoA is complete, with a few empys and a Nirvana. Would love to get that pimped right out!
Have a great day!

I do somewhat dislike threads like these because you get too many answers that are misleading. Asura server is what you make it. Some will say come on over. Others will say don't, go smaller. You can get work done in many places, depending on your goals and who you want to play with. Asura is not the holy grail of "I WIN" just because you get here. I still do shouts for htbf, zitah/ruaun clears etc, and you would be surprised how many people haven't stepped foot into these zones. You have to be proactive to really get things done, regardless of where you go. And your failure rate from pugs is certainly higher from unknown players. But if you can stomach that and just want to "play", its worth consideration.

So while I won't discourage or encourage you to go anywhere, i'll just say as long as you're not a passive player who is waiting for something to happen, you will have success wherever you go, assuming you have people. If you prefer to have more options from a casual pug setting, then going somewhere with more players may be better for you.

Also have to consider how much time you have to play. I have a family and log in usually after midnight. Most shouts on asura die down around that time anyways, so I end up soloing or forming my own groups. If you are able to play during an active LSs time range, you don't necessarily need to be on Asura, since you can get the same stuff done elsewhere with bodies.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-14 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

come on now let's face a few things like men here.

first of all the op is going to quit again in three weeks anyways. the game is different than it used to be, all the bad parts are worse and all the good things are hazy memories viewed through rose collared glasses. you're a quitter and unfortunately there is no cure for that.

second. nobody is doing the thing you want to do when you have time to do it any more. the days people dropped whatever they were doing to drag your lazy *** through content are over johnny

third asura is a terrible and everyone there should feel bad.

but they don't which is just so typically them.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically you should go to FFXI rehab go outside shout for CP for hours and *** that there is nothing to do. Save your subscription fee.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-14 12:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nikolce you should come over to Asura and troll the server with your rhetoric during shout prime (roughly 8PM est nightly). would be 10/10 classic
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 12:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The quality of trolls on Asura lately proves Nik's point that it is a server of quitters. All the good trolls are gone mostly.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 12:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
come on now let's face a few things like men here.

first of all the op is going to quit again in three weeks anyways. the game is different than it used to be, all the bad parts are worse and all the good things are hazy memories viewed through rose collared glasses. you're a quitter and unfortunately there is no cure for that.

second. nobody is doing the thing you want to do when you have time to do it any more. the days people dropped whatever they were doing to drag your lazy *** through content are over johnny

third asura is a terrible and everyone there should feel bad.

but they don't which is just so typically them.
Sexist! Like men?!!!! What about boobies!? Or tarutarus! Or Mithra and manthras! :0
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 12:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So like you can take my advice with grain of salt.

I have never blisted anyone on any server before. I have a shitload of blist now that I'm on asura.

There are so many just straight failures on asura. I've started blacklisting them just because it's depressing to see them do content I would join but it's "them" shouting it.

They're the ones shouting instead of people that're actually good at content and its gotten so much *** worse it's ridiculous.

On top of straight failures, you've got political idiots, people literally role playing Trump, lawyers, idiots that're pregnant every day (he seems to be gone lately), people that make new accounts with names similar to yours just to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and the same dumbshit a thousand times a day. "yell why is cornelia gone" holy *** read a god damn update patch note ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-14 12:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
it's depressing to see them do content I would join but it's "them" shouting it.

Back in the day we used to have to blist gilsellers spamming your /tell "gEt RiL broGAme u4e codE s296s83s rePlaCe 4 with s R with G". Good lord how times have changed. I'd have those guys spamming the shout airwaves any day over the current.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 12:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So like you can take my advice with grain of salt.

I have never blisted anyone on any server before. I have a shitload of blist now that I'm on asura.

There are so many just straight failures on asura. I've started blacklisting them just because it's depressing to see them do content I would join but it's "them" shouting it.

They're the ones shouting instead of people that're actually good at content and its gotten so much *** worse it's ridiculous.

On top of straight failures, you've got political idiots, people literally role playing Trump, lawyers, idiots that're pregnant every day (he seems to be gone lately), people that make new accounts with names similar to yours just to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and the same dumbshit a thousand times a day. "yell why is cornelia gone" holy *** read a god damn update patch note ***.
I hate to agree but you’re right. I had three mules there selling ***for 6 months to a year there. No matter what time(happens mainly US prime time)I signed in the tells and shouts you speak of I saw. It was the reason it made me not transfer to asura.
By fonewear 2018-05-14 12:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the so called elite have pretty much quit. How many times can you do ambuscade and the same Aeonic nm over and over and find it entertaining ?

So when all the "elite" quit the entire server will be casuals trolls and mercs.

So if you want to experience everything you dislike about online gaming come here it's great !
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-14 12:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I do somewhat dislike threads like these because you get too many answers that are misleading.

Server choice is mostly just preference, and that includes your tolerance with troll shout, ambuscade/empy NM congestion and dead AH.and there's nothing "misleading" about opinions.

I personally think as a returning player the best way to decide on a server goes this way:

If you are not already on Asura, look for a returning player thats helpful and friendly.

If you fail to find one after a few weeks or months, transfer to Asura. Which gives you the options to PUG, and a very large returning player community since that's where most new people would go.

If you do find a ls that you really like, stay where you are. It's much, much, MUCH harder to find "right people" in this game than anything.

I've met people who just returned, was considering transfer because everyone said "Asura". But he got into a very helpful ls and later he told me he was glad that he didn't transfer. I've also seen people who returned, see yell channel completely dead, transferred in a week so they can PUG all things without ever giving other ls a chance. And PUG environment can be pretty harsh for a new player with people raging over 1 *** up in a run or REMA requirements. It can add so much more frustration to players thats new.

Even the so called elite have pretty much quit.

Haven't get a chance to see LoH's WoC parse competition ;;
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as title goes, it's semantics.

NOTHING is good about Asura. Assura is NOT a choice you get to make. You go there because you have no choices.

The only thing you need to know is can you tolerate Assura.
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-05-14 12:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only down side Ive seen is crowded camps during campaigns like the current JP campaign and some times long Ambu lines. An active AH without crazy inflated prices is well worth the line-ups though. As far as the crazy people in /yell its well worth the entertainment. Some dude was high as *** yelling ***on Saturday and it was something to witness, but this is daily if your in need of some lulz.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They could stop the flood of noobs and casuals just charge them more to transfer here.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-05-14 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is kinda like an insane asylum with ***smeared all over the walls.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-05-14 12:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
How do you know when you don't play the game
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-14 13:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, Aiiiight, it's been a long time! Fenrir is mostly endgame now, it is true, with very few shouts or English-speaking linkshells.
That said, if you'd like a pearl, I'd be happy to give you one. Before 8pm EST, there are only a small handful of people ever doing much, after that time we have events a few days a week.

Good luck and safe travels to you, if you take the leap to Asura.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
How do you know when you don't play the game
Not hard just look up asura on ffxiah and watch their yell shouts.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7