FFXI Mobile Screenshots Surface...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Mobile screenshots surface...
FFXI Mobile screenshots surface...
First Page 2
By Zubis 2018-05-13 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

https://career.nexon.com/user/recruit/notice/noticeView?joinCorp=NX&reNo=20180068

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8j54la/ffxi_mobile_what_ffxi_mobile_is_probably_gonna/
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2018-05-13 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm keeping my expectations real low, but it's nice to finally see some new images.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hypnox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hypnox 2018-05-13 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunate with how long we're probably gonna have to wait still, but any new content is good news to me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-13 13:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

looks way better than pc.
[+]
By geigei 2018-05-13 14:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that ghelsba pic, takes me way back...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2018-05-13 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

shame its a new game and not something with the same char. makes me entirely disinterested
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-05-13 14:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hypnox said: »
Unfortunate with how long we're probably gonna have to wait still, but any new content is good news to me.

We're probably closer to launch than ever before, based on Nexon's recent investor report that they put out a few days ago.

https://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20180510_2.pdf

It has XI Mobile listed for both NA and Japan during 2018, and having things slowly surfacing in the last month about it is a nice indicator of what is to come.
[+]
By Asura.Iminiillusions 2018-05-13 14:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
looks way better than pc.

With the HD Rehaul that Amelia's doing, I'd say they'd be fairly even matched graphics wise. I'm just curious exactly how topend a mobile device will have to be to run it.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-13 14:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool as ***, but not interested if I have to start over.
[+]
By hobo 2018-05-13 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People are assuming its going to be anything remotely similar to current game. Probably gonna end up like the Tales Of mobile game, swiping for attacks.
[+]
By Asura.Iminiillusions 2018-05-13 14:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Cool as ***, but not interested if I have to start over.

Doubt you'd be able to just transfer your character platform to platform, especually asuuming that this is a F2P version of FFXI. However, this does open the door of a Legacy Server system that somr people hope for.

hobo said: »
People are assuming its going to be anything remotely similar to current game. Probably gonna end up like the Tales Of mobile game, swiping for attacks.

That or like the mobile port of Lineage 2.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-13 15:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you link to your SE account you'll get a free starter kit, or possibly bonus in-game items /draws if you are FFXI sub. Mobile is a huge market in Japan and FFXI is still relatively more popular in Japan than ROTW, so I can see it tie-ins actually making sense, with the global sort of getting brought along for the ride.

Possible they can let you keep your name too. But character transfer is unlikely, I agree.

My biggest hope is this has a console version like on Switch or a Steam version. Incidentally, Switch is also crushing it saleswise in Japan and will eventually outsell the PS4.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-13 16:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No way they don't allow bonuses and perks from having an active ffxi account. That's a marketing strategy in and of itself, with the hopes of drawing people to activate or create a new ffxi sub in return. They'd be crazy to not link the two in some way that doesn't 1) isolate new players completely if they choose not to play main and 2) simultaneously show that they "appreciate" the business and support of those still on main.

People have devoted a ton of time to their characters. A complete new game unrelated to this one would seen kind of harsh.... Not good business strategy IMO.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-05-13 17:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would probably play it casually. As long as they don't change/purge the unique mechanics of the game too much like Gear Swapping, Skillchaining, etc..

These are features that make this game very exclusive compared to others out there..

Otherwise it's just another FFXIV with FFXI skins, in HD Rehaul, which is not what the community originally wished for..
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-05-13 17:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad, I still own a flip phone.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2018-05-13 19:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks pretty amazing for a cellphone game :o
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-05-13 19:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
No way they don't allow bonuses and perks from having an active ffxi account. That's a marketing strategy in and of itself, with the hopes of drawing people to activate or create a new ffxi sub in return. They'd be crazy to not link the two in some way that doesn't 1) isolate new players completely if they choose not to play main and 2) simultaneously show that they "appreciate" the business and support of those still on main.

People have devoted a ton of time to their characters. A complete new game unrelated to this one would seen kind of harsh.... Not good business strategy IMO.

What about the FFXIV and 11 discount? What about 14s existence in general? Don’t get your hopes up
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-13 19:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They really want XIV to kill XI at one point.

I think XI existing past its due date has made them move on.
By hobo 2018-05-13 20:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am honestly surprised it still has the XI name attached to it, well I haven't read Nexon's official documents so I am sorta going off a rather big assumption here. I'm full pessimistic with this, looking more like taken XI world and that is it.

As far as I know Square has nothing at all to do with the development apart from creative direction given to Nexon. Odds of direct relation to current XI are slim. To have any sorta discount/transfer/whatever it requires Nexon to have a way to connect to Square account.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-13 20:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting my hopes up, speaking specifically from a business aspect. It would be a disservice to not somehow link the two, since a large number of their potential customers would be from FFXI anyways.
By volkom 2018-05-13 22:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if we'll be able to jump on stuff
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-14 01:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ask me I still think those are fake images created for the purpose of giving an idea of what the game aims to be, rather than screenshot taken from a real time alpha/beta/whatever of the game.

Still, they look absolutely gorgeous.
Seeing the same art direction in high quality is like a dream come true for a long time FFXI fan like me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2018-05-14 02:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Stacks is your friend.... but 360 controller is also your friend.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-05-14 07:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To recreate the FFXI experience they will require you stand AFK in jeuno for 8 hours waiting for something to happen.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-05-14 08:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see them shutting down FFXI for this...outside of Japan I don't see a big interest in this.

Also of note that FFXI has been highly profitable the game basically has no new content and people still play it.
[+]
First Page 2