2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Curious about playerbase/activity
Curious about playerbase/activity
By Afania 2018-05-04 14:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
People want in, but how many can make the cut in terms of gear and job knowledge to be in those events? On a larger server, an Endgame LS has the luxury of being that picky due to the laws of supply and demand.

This.....We have taken returning player from ls with nothing but roll only cor or ls brd with zero rema to ambu VD. And we are mostly not picky with gears, skill and experience.

If they are on Asura they are stuck doing E probably, with low chance of getting into ls that can clear aeonics.

Objectively speaking, I've definitely seen people not successful on small server who transferred ended up doing a hell lot better. So it goes both ways.

But anyone saying Asura is the only and best option is definitely making biased bold statement that's not universal truth. It can go both ways depending on people.
By Afania 2018-05-04 14:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Aside from all that - I can echo what others have stated that Sylph is very much on life support in terms of population. I enjoy myself quite a bit, but would probably transfer in a heartbeat if not for being in an established group. RMT commonly transfer HQ's here due to the lack of endgame crafters, and I've personally had to server swap 4 times to buy items I got fed up waiting on. I've mentioned to people about having everyone transfer to another server at some points, but we usually come to the conclusion that Sylph is kind of like an abandoned tropical island with little to no congestion for the very few things it actually matters for, so we just stay.

Same. I transfer every once a couple of months once I save enough Gil to buy some HQ then just restock necessary items that I need, like leaving my small town to go shopping.

I can solve hq problem with real money, I can't solve congestion and people problem that comes with it with money. So I just live with that.

I believe every choice in life has pros and cons and nothing is perfect, so Im totally ok with cons as long as I get the pros that I want.
By fonewear 2018-05-04 14:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

About 3 pages too long.

Either transfer or don't transfer.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 15:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
About 3 pages too long.

Either transfer or don't transfer.
I agree
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-05-04 15:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Transfer to Bismarck. They have Vize
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Transfer to Bismarck. They have Vize
:is dead: lol
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-05-04 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Are you kidding me? The person at the top of this very page is presenting an anecdotal connection between friends who left for asura, and then stopped playing, essentially blaming asura for them quitting. I didn't once suggest any bashing towards any other server. I just often hear people say silly ***like "stay off Asura" etc etc. It's lame and scares people away who really haven't a clue of what goes on.

I'm saying the same exact thing Fonewear originally mentioned, that Asura has options for the weekend warrior who pops in and out to get things done. I could not care any less if you prefer a server with 50 people or 5000 people. It's all based on your personal preference and experiences. Like I said, if you have a group to play with, stay where you are. If you need people to play with, Asura has more options, and, despite what Afaina posted above, PUG isn't the worst thing over here. You'll get things done and occasionally won't. But that's still better than looking for something to do to begin with.

I never said any of that. Whenever people ask any questions about Ambuscade pugs, LS's, AH availability, shouts, CP parties, or whatever, there's always someone that interjects with "Transfer to Asura." I'm just pointing out that it's not always the solution. Everyone I knew that transferred quit. I didn't say EVERYONE WHO EVER TRANSFERRED quit.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-04 16:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
there's always someone that interjects with "Transfer to Asura."

This: I prefer to see a list of pros and cons and let people decide instead of one single answer like "Asura" as if it magically solves all the problems in life with one click.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 16:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

This: I prefer to see a list of pros and cons and let people decide instead of one single answer like "Asura" as if it magically solves all the problems in life with one click.
Ooo I agree and so does my bunny :0 random question do you know a lot about blm/sch? :0
By Afania 2018-05-04 16:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Afania said: »

Ooo I agree and so does my bunny :0

Bunny solves all problem in life :>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kathee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2018-05-04 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And for every case of that, there's people who kept playing after moving to Asura. I came from Lakshmi, nearly everybody in Byrth's LS was pretty much MIA for a long time.

You are a Galka, they were just waiting till you weren't around to do the fun stuffs. Much love to ya, Buukki.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-05-04 17:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up on Siren, Bismarck, Fenrir and Carbuncle?

I'm also kind of interested, I ran the #2 shell on Quetz for a long time, took a break in July, came back and everyone's all spread out and barely any room for me.

I am originally from Asura and the reason I don't want to go back is because of lines and fighting for pops.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 17:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
What's up on Siren, Bismarck, Fenrir and Carbuncle?

I'm also kind of interested, I ran the #2 shell on Quetz for a long time, took a break in July, came back and everyone's all spread out and barely any room for me.

I am originally from Asura and the reason I don't want to go back is because of lines and fighting for pops.
I left siren because a lot of my friends moved to odin and asura. also the population seemed to be dead.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-04 17:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kathee said: »

And for every case of that, there's people who kept playing after moving to Asura. I came from Lakshmi, nearly everybody in Byrth's LS was pretty much MIA for a long time.

You are a Galka, they were just waiting till you weren't around to do the fun stuffs. Much love to ya, Buukki.

Now there's a name I havent seen in a while. Miss ya guys much. Let's do lunch, k?
By Tarage 2018-05-04 17:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, while Asura's like a big, busy city, Fenrir's a small, sleepy town where everyone knows everyone else through reputation and word of mouth.

It's funny how true this statement is. I love being on Ragnarok because I do know so many people, but when I need something and I know the local crafting scene is either non-existent or super over-priced, I send a mule "into town" to buy it cheap and easy off of Asura.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 17:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Also, while Asura's like a big, busy city, Fenrir's a small, sleepy town where everyone knows everyone else through reputation and word of mouth.

It's funny how true this statement is. I love being on Ragnarok because I do know so many people, but when I need something and I know the local crafting scene is either non-existent or super over-priced, I send a mule "into town" to buy it cheap and easy off of Asura.
I’m getting the vibe of this server being like cheers!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-04 17:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Bahamut seems pretty good, might look into Ragnarok.

server populations
damn, leviathan getting too big now
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 17:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

server populations
That’s what she said and welcome to page 4?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-04 18:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

server populations
That’s what she said and welcome to page 4?
YouTube Video Placeholder
“Slipping into the cracks” bad!
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-04 18:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
What's up on Carbuncle?
By fonewear 2018-05-05 07:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to be on a server where everyone knows your name. *Cheers theme song plays*

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-05 12:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I don't want to be on a server where everyone knows your name. *Cheers theme song plays*
YouTube Video Placeholder

Love that theme music.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.