Your campaign event
First Page 2
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-26 16:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you change about a ffxi campaign event or create a new one? Try to not make it too insane.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-04-26 16:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Improved Garrison and Eco-Warrior droprates.

But for real, Sinister Reign campaign to choose who you fight type thing, or even a higher augment chance on the gear rather than seeing Dampening Tam with DEX+1 only on it repeatedly.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-26 16:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Would definitely go with a SR campaign.
Being able to pick what to fight would be fantastic!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-26 16:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Improved Garrison and Eco-Warrior droprates.

But for real, Sinister Reign campaign to choose who you fight type thing, or even a higher augment chance on the gear rather than seeing Dampening Tam with DEX+1 only on it repeatedly.
Not bad. Sick of morimar and darr.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-26 16:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased chance of max-augment items from SR as well as reducing the Bayld cost would be nice if they didn't wanna give us the build-your-own-fight.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-04-26 16:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen campaign: double card drops, additional drop slot for mid/mega.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 17:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one I remotely care about would be SR campaign.

Pick enemy and/or 'significantly' higher augment rate

Maybe a "increased (10% or more) chance of HQ synthesis" campaign.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-26 17:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Only one I remotely care about would be SR campaign.

Pick enemy and/or 'significantly' higher augment rate

Maybe a "increased (10% or more) chance of HQ synthesis" campaign.
Hmm SR is winning by a mile. If only SE looked at this site more!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 17:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's quite interesting that there still hasn't been any change/campaign for it yet.

It's by far the most sought and best event. (which is why there isn't any changes for it)
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-04-26 17:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

An NPC that just gives me whatever I want.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 18:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
An NPC that just gives me whatever I want.

I wouldn't oppose a "one enemy of your choice drops 100% loot" once a year. Or 'just gimme any dropped item' you have to stay active the whole year to receive the reward.

They've half-done this (3?) times already? They did a "mog bonanza" in 2010? where they basically gave you an HQ abj just for entering. They did the mog pell (gold?) which gave ridills (and other garbage).
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-04-26 18:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly pretty satisfied with most the campaigns this game has. (You know, once they actually happen...)

I think the glaring holes are in Sinister Reign and possibly Einherjar (for which there is literally no reason to go besides Ichor points).

For Sinister Reign it would be cool to select which bosses to fight --- that alone already mitigates a lot of my frustration with the event (*** Ingrid)

For Einherjar, it would be cool to expand the list of potential drops to make them more relevant. Something like that exists for NNI so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-26 18:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt they could pull off any sort of mechanical change like allowing us to pick our opponents in SR.. That sounds like a shitton of work and they don't have the manpower to handle shittons of work.

But I'd be happy with an extra drop per win. They even have dispensable items that would work perfectly for this (the ones from ANV dial.) It would be a hell of a lot more likely to get an extra drop (similar to Vagary campaign) than anything which would involve actual alteration of system code.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-04-26 19:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be happy if they did something like trade a single SR drop to force the boss that drops said item to appear in the sequence of fights.
By cuddlyhamster 2018-04-26 19:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

if we cant pick NM for SR, i would at least like decanters to drop from the nms to personal treasure pool for a double chance of terrible augments
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-26 19:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

basically anything they changed would be for the better lol.

Single re-rolls, pick mob, fight all 9, smaller augment pool, decanters chances, trade 10 uncapped for 1 cap augs
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-26 21:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal decanters doesn't really do much to change the flow of the event and more or less just doubles chance at a good reward and quadruples rewards.

Screw campaigns, permanently let you choose a decanter as one of the rewards if you don't like what you get. It's reasonable, and it's a lot less insulting than giving 1k bayld back. What other event do you win and decide to take 1/5 of your entry fee back in lieu of a reward.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-04-26 21:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can y'all imagine the nightmare that would be entering, its bad enough with no campaign sometimes on Asura....
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Kodaijin 2018-04-26 23:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Einherjar double/triple points or no re-entry limit.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 01:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
basically anything they changed would be for the better lol.
We used to say the same thing for MNK! Yet the MNK patch happened.
Do not challenge them please!
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-27 07:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A.M.A.N. Copper Voucher Event! During this limited time, AMAN Copper Vouchers can be converted for Nyzul Isle Tokens and Einherjar Ichor! Get out there and store up your vouchers today!
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-27 08:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Update omen campaign to include 2:1 or 3:1 card exchange.
Update Dynamis D campaign to include 2:1 or 3:1 void and shard exchange (unless someone finally wants to buy the 3 dnc pieces in my bazaar :P)
SR campaign 100% max augment. Might sound exaggerated, but it will still take a while before you get Acri 2 and she rolls Taming Sari, for example. So even with 20 days of this, not everyone will get what they want. (I've only seen 4 sari's ever since SR was introduced)
Vagary campaign Tartarus drop increased to 25%, it's just lockstyle gear at this point, so humor us.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-04-27 08:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

An event that allowed all jobs to equip every piece of gear in the game. To balance it out, make it a 1 week window per job. This week is PLD, next week is RNG, the following is SCH.

Or an event that allows a job to have access to all of its subjobs JAs, WSs, spells and traits, except those unlocked through Job Points.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-04-27 09:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
a meebles campaign would be cool, get my torque and nuke body ftl.

Rhapsody in Mauve already does the progression part of the campaign permanently. The main thing that'd be there to bring back is the enhanced worm trade in stuff, which could be further added to.

Nice as SR enhancements could be, it'd almost make more sense for them to make decanters drop in other events given the potential problems with instancing there. Or make them a permanent adjustment to SR, as mentioned, to avoid a rush.

Enhanced Einherjar seems like a simple one for them to do. Double/Triple Ichor and a better drop pool and basically done.

They could also do that for Assault really. Increased points, chances at better loot from the crate and +1/2 ??? boxes.

Something that could be interesting to see (or maybe just a different way to implement campaigns) would be a pair of wandering A.M.A.N. NPCs that'd change locations every month (or conquest tally). Use the same basic model for the Record of Eminence and Reclaimer NPCs, but instead of sparks and copper vouchers, rotate through other items/currencies based on location.

So maybe they show up in Wajaom and can accept ZNM/Assault/IS/Salvage items for "copper vouchers", and turn around and convert those to more currencies than usual (way to make Ichor/Tokens/etc available sometimes). Or convert them to "sparks" to buy things related to the area, like Linen pouches or Scoria.
Then the next time, they could be in the past and trading for Voidwatch items, or in the present and accepting conquest gear and old abjurations.

There'd probably need to be a cap to rewards obtained, like Ambuscade has, but it'd be a neat thing to have for disposing of a lot of the obsolete inventory clutter we still get.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-27 11:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
eslim said: »
a meebles campaign would be cool, get my torque and nuke body ftl.

Rhapsody in Mauve already does the progression part of the campaign permanently. The main thing that'd be there to bring back is the enhanced worm trade in stuff, which could be further added to.

They may have reduced the cooldown/lockout, but forgot to reduce the gil cost for skipping lower tiers. There is no reason they can't drop a zero off all those prices. It shouldn't cost 1,000,000g to fight the boss of this old content.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-27 11:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

"Nyzul Isle: Power bill has been paid" campaign. Since the power bill has been paid, no need for lamp floors.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 11:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
There is no reason they can't drop a zero off all those prices. It shouldn't cost 1,000,000g to fight the boss of this old content.

Gil sink, perfect reason. Same as 1.1m NPC mats.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
"Nyzul Isle: Power bill has been paid" campaign. Since the power bill has been paid, no need for lamp floors.

plus one
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-04-27 12:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
They may have reduced the cooldown/lockout, but forgot to reduce the gil cost for skipping lower tiers. There is no reason they can't drop a zero off all those prices. It shouldn't cost 1,000,000g to fight the boss of this old content.

True, I was more thinking of when they'd run the Meebles campaign before, and lowering those costs wasn't a part of it (or wasn't always at least).

Seems more like something they could amend the RoV KI to do as well.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-04-27 13:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one else annoyed at the short time frames of the May campaign? So much for the adventurer appreciation. Here have a few days here and 3 days here instead of the full 2 weeks and change we normally give you.....
First Page 2