Forum » FFXI » General » Unable to make Chasseur’s Gants +1
Unable to make Chasseur’s Gants +1
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-19 21:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, having a little issue like the tittle implies, trying to upgrade to +1 hands on COR for my alt but when I try trading the items needed to Monisette:
15 etched memories
1 macuil horn
8 chapters #8
Chasseur’s gants
She just take the chapters back, not sure if this is a glitch.

I know the requirements are to beat the 5 main bosses in vagary plus the quest “the truth beckons”, and this is the part that makes no sense I already got the Ebers set 5/5 +1, so Im at a loss here as to why I cant progress to finish the empy COR hands, has anyone had something similar happened to them, dont know what else to do other than slap monisette lol.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-19 22:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question because this happen to me. You don’t already have the +1? I did that once with ninja body emp to 119
[+]
By Excellia 2018-04-19 22:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another dumb question (happened to me lol), did you check to see if the npc was already holding an upgraded item ready to be returned to you?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-19 22:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellia said: »
Another dumb question (happened to me lol), did you check to see if the npc was already holding an upgraded item ready to be returned to you?
Ooo that’s a good point :0
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-20 06:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No and no lol I wish I had the item already, something similar happened before with ebers mitts, where I had to kill putraxia but that was done and having ebers mitts +1 i think is proof I already meet the requirements for reforge so not sure whats going on here.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-20 08:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen this happen so some LS members before. I think they fixed it by talking to the soap lady and maybe even buying a soap.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-20 09:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the above. Confirm you are trading the exact items she is asking for. In some cases we have seen this happen, it was entirely user error (wrong number of chapters, or a similar name of an item they thought they were trading, or insufficient quantity). I looked at your description above and nothing looks off, so I'm a bit stumped by why you can't complete the hands.

I hate to further insult your intelligence, because its not my intention. Are you sure you're not using the non i-Lvl variant of empyrean armor (perhaps the nq/+1/+2 hands) and need to complete that first?

It could very well be a glitch, but carefully look over the gear you're trading and confirm with 100% certainty its correct. I've made the mistake before of swearing up and down Monisette was bugged, but it was user error. Not accusing you of that at all, but it may be something as easy as that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-20 10:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Seen this happen so some LS members before. I think they fixed it by talking to the soap lady and maybe even buying a soap.

yeah buy soap from Sagheera, then "ask" what items are need to upgrade that item to +1, then trade them all at once in the order she asked for them and then get back to us....

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-26 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about the delayed response, issue with the reforged hands was that I already had the +1 cor hands but for the life of me when I checked with //findall it did nor show .....

Thanks as usual
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-26 13:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Dumb question because this happen to me. You don’t already have the +1? I did that once with ninja body emp to 119
I knew it
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-26 14:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew it

Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-26 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I knew it

Lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-26 15:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue usually lies somewhere between the chair and keyboard.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-26 15:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Sorry about the delayed response, issue with the reforged hands was that I already had the +1 cor hands but for the life of me when I checked with //findall it did nor show .....

Thanks as usual

Did this exact thing with THF relic hands the other day...No idea why I had kept a 2nd pair of the base relic on my storage slip...