Forum » FFXI » General » Can't get The Rider Cometh to start
Can't get The Rider Cometh to start
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-04-12 20:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks, I'm trying to start this quest but am not getting the cut scene to trigger it. I've completed ToAU and obtained the Nashmeira trust. The only reason I can think of is I did trigger Waking the Colossus, but can't find anything online that says you can't have both quests active at the same time. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Thanks!
 Cerberus.Aydogan
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2018-04-12 22:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And even though I have Waking the Colossus in my quest log, I don't have the Imperial missive in my Temporary KIs, nor do I get any cut scenes when I check the doors in Whitegate or Ru'Lude Gardens. I have no clue what I could be missing.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-04-13 02:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be Rhapsodies of Vana'diel related. Have you done those missions yet?

Occasionally, during certain sections of RoV, some ToAU NPCs become unavailable until you pass through said section of RoV.

*ninja edit* Sorry didn't read the initial OP. Not sure what's wrong. Apparently SE has been sucking as of late at least when it comes to FFXI.
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-04-13 02:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Plot wise you need to have Alexander-related quests finished in order for the quest cutscenes for The Rider Cometh to make sense. Perhaps that might be something to look into.