Forum » FFXI » General » Moblin Maze Mongers question
Moblin Maze Mongers question
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-03-31 12:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what voucher and rune combination(s) gives the most marbles upon completion?

It seems there isn't a whole lot of info out there about this event (at least I couldn't find it). Does anyone know of a possible list of how much each rune boosts marble yield and which vouchers yield the most?

Thank you.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-03-31 17:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So am I to believe this isn't the most popular content?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 17:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha... to say the least. It was never very popular. I think I did -one- group for it when it was new, and no one else could be bothered to join, it was a jp group.

I know some went hardcore over the blu ring and the regen belt and the one weapon... sword? but like people these days dont even know how to start, enter or participate in mmm... they all have to be told even for the revit team how/what

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Moblin_Maze_Mongers_The_Guide

If it's for the vorseal, you can just do the Revit Rune that your server most likely has already up. Killing the boss gets you 50/250 and its zero effort required to copy maze/kill level 75 NM
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2018-04-01 13:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For farming marbles, Voucher 06 is the intended maze. It's really tough since the enemies scale, though... although I'm not sure how it fares with iLVL now since I farmed everything at level 90.

Voucher 06 will net you 40 marbles/run if you do it right... Lots of sneaking around involved.

The most invaluable resource I found in my quest to unlock EVERYTHING MMM has to offer was MysticDhalmelHerder's website. It's a bit obscure, but THE best English-language compendium I found on the subject pre-Abyssea. This of course means that you won't find much (or any!) info on Voucher 09 in it, but Voucher 09's progression was pretty straightforward.
 Odin.Kisaragie
Server: Odin
By Odin.Kisaragie 2018-04-01 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Maze Tabula 03, Voucher 09, Runes : 101, 103, 104 covering all four elemental spots. 67 marble + whatever CC you have for bonus chest.

Spawn: Babalu Aye: Diremite
occasionaly poison on hit "strong", bring antidote or possibly pop a poison pot

Note: you are in and out 5 mins or less!
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-04-03 06:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Haha... to say the least. It was never very popular. I think I did -one- group for it when it was new, and no one else could be bothered to join, it was a jp group.

I know some went hardcore over the blu ring and the regen belt and the one weapon... sword? but like people these days dont even know how to start, enter or participate in mmm... they all have to be told even for the revit team how/what

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Moblin_Maze_Mongers_The_Guide

If it's for the vorseal, you can just do the Revit Rune that your server most likely has already up. Killing the boss gets you 50/250 and its zero effort required to copy maze/kill level 75 NM

Yeah, that guide didn't help much. In fact, when I was doing the NMs with voucher 7, I had to figure out the maze combinations to get the antica ring and band, and a couple other pieces. It was just such low marble yield (17 iirc) that for full completion I am going to need more than that. But definitely thank you for your help.

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
For farming marbles, Voucher 06 is the intended maze. It's really tough since the enemies scale, though... although I'm not sure how it fares with iLVL now since I farmed everything at level 90.

Voucher 06 will net you 40 marbles/run if you do it right... Lots of sneaking around involved.

The most invaluable resource I found in my quest to unlock EVERYTHING MMM has to offer was MysticDhalmelHerder's website. It's a bit obscure, but THE best English-language compendium I found on the subject pre-Abyssea. This of course means that you won't find much (or any!) info on Voucher 09 in it, but Voucher 09's progression was pretty straightforward.

I appreciate your input. The post below yours is a much better way to farm marbles, however. If you plan to do it at all, then I would do that. It is 1 NM, and I actually found that you can remove runes 103 and 104, which allows magic and JA/WS, and you still get 51 marbles. Very easy at 99 (ilvl) these days.

Odin.Kisaragie said: »
I use Maze Tabula 03, Voucher 09, Runes : 101, 103, 104 covering all four elemental spots. 67 marble + whatever CC you have for bonus chest.

Spawn: Babalu Aye: Diremite
occasionaly poison on hit "strong", bring antidote or possibly pop a poison pot

Note: you are in and out 5 mins or less!

I appreciate all the input from all of you. This post was invaluable. I agree, for pure farming, use this method. Though you said you got 67 marbles, I am only getting 61 with that maze combo (you might have another rune in there, or my adding of Rune 094 might be decreasing it). Either way, 61 marbles for such a fast kill is awesome.

I did start out just for the vorseal, but kind of liked the event, so figured I would get 100% completion. I want all unique items, every rune, and all titles. Only on my main. The 4th title is taking me forever and I am doing 3-6 runs at a time every few hours on average.

Also, sorry to all for my late response. Easter has changed my schedule a bit and I haven't been around except in small doses.

Anyway, thanks again.
 Odin.Kisaragie
Server: Odin
By Odin.Kisaragie 2018-04-03 06:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any rune the benefits the player will lessen your reward marbles, including Rune 094 "Lost and Found". Try running it with out rune 94.

Also MMM offers the only all jobs fast cast waist in game, no easy task to get it either.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-04-03 07:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is what I figured. I get a second chest, therefore marbles are a bit lower.

But I am intrigued by this belt? What is it and how do you get it?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-04-03 07:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you thinking of the neck from Meeble Burrows?

Cannot for the life of me find a waist with all jobs FC from MMM.

and I just recently got that neck :)
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-04-03 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to bump it at least once. What waist?
By clearlyamule 2018-04-03 16:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the ones from actualization team. It's all augments so will have to look at the right pages to find
By Qiqirnmercenary 2018-04-03 17:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the Moblin Cest from Maze Voucher 05, Actualization Team, and can be potentially augmented with Fast Cast +1
 Bahamut.Baronton
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2018-04-03 21:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This event definitely had more to it than I ever knew
By clearlyamule 2018-04-03 23:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they added alot of different stuff but hardly anything was popular other than the nm fights (and even then only for a couple of items mostly kogglemander) and the xp runs. And even then it was more in crowd popular
By Nyarlko 2018-04-04 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the biggest reason that MMM barely even qualifies as casual content nowadays is the absurd/unnecessary lockout. There is no reason that it should be a full 1hr WITH the reduction from ROV KI.. What's the lockout without it? >_>;;
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-04 01:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, what lockout are you referring to? There certainly isn't one for just entering it.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-04 10:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Er, what lockout are you referring to? There certainly isn't one for just entering it.

There is indeed a lockout for "ordering a new maze". Which I think means that each character is locked out of being the group leader / starting a maze themselves, rather than a normal hard lockout. The ROV KI Rhapsody in Mauve reduces this lockout to 1hr... I was just wondering what the baseline wait was w/o the KI, since even w/ the reduction to 1hr, it feels interminably and pointlessly long...