Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Kirin 2
Kirin 2
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-24 22:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, looking for some info on Escha-Kirin. We made our first attempts, first run at Aeonics, and we did pretty well over all. Party of 12: RUN WAR WAR WAR WHM BRD / GEO COR COR WHM THF PLD

Pretty much did melee buff rotation, he drops like a fly to 30-40% and all hell breaks loose. Terror, HF spam, and Geotic Breath just annihilate us. Any key tips to helping get past the damage he does to us, and still manage to output? Three attempts and slowly got worse. Just real bad timing with petra/terror and Geotic Breath.

We have plenty of jobs to change up if suggested.

Also tried taking adds down stairs but poor petra timing led everyone down to me during Koryou pop.

Thanks!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-24 23:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using temps?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-24 23:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Are you using temps?

Yes but it was dying so fast, that timing was just a mess. I would get stoned in the middle of using temps, or terror'd or tank would just eat geotic breath and one shot half the party. Unless we should use them from the get go?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-24 23:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be used immediately after the phase change.

Are you standing on the front claws?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-24 23:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carols, Temps, Barspells, Runeist's Roll, Fade/Vex/Attunement, Odyllic Subterfuge, meva/status resist sets, Addle, Sacrosanctity/Asylum really help to keep people alive and functioning toward the end. People usually go into these fights only worrying about maximizing DPS, and totally ignore defense -- nothing torpedoes DPS like death/statuses.

Geotic Breath is only used if the person with hate is out of immediate range. A quick pull, and everybody gathered around the paw (hate resets) should prevent Kouryu from ever using breath.

Are you using temps?

Ironically, you don't get the Terror temp until after you've killed Kirin. >.>;

Edit: your WARs can wear these: founder's greaves
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-24 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think I have have it, Mirrors Tonic and Steadfast. (Was macroing to use on all my accounts)

Though the paws thing for all people might have helped a ton. Didnt think about other people besides main dps/tanks.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-24 23:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be used immediately after the phase change.

Are you standing on the front claws?

Was honestly always a **** fest after change. Just seemed something always happened to cause disorganization. Which seems to be the major flaw.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-28 22:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for tips guys, got it done tonight. Just 6 and a bunch a BRD buffs for goofs.

PT of 6 (3 Mine)

RUN GEO BLU WHM BRD WAR. Temps @57% - BRD Popped and kited adds below. Fight lasted maybe 2 minutes?

[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-03-29 07:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratz
[+]