Unmerc'ing Asura - Do You Need Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-04-24 02:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've quit FFXI since January and have been playing FFXIV. I had been on Shiva (my original server) for a while and others have been telling me to swap over to Asura. However, my BIGGEST problem with Asura is the rampant mercenary aspect of the server. I, personally, don't believe in taking advantage of others if they're in need of gear which will help them become better players.

However, seeing this post gives me hope that Asura can change it's horrible "mercenary" reputation. Kudos to you, Nyarlko, for doing this! It ALMOST makes me want to come back and lend my support via my Idris GEO or my fully mastered PUP tank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-24 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tonic said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Great post! I have been inviting a lot of new/returning guys to my ls and gearing them up myself. Granted they might not be ready for aeonics or other endgame, I'm still trying to help them catch up on my free time. And prior to new folks joining, most of my ls is capped on Omen drops with the exception of bodies/misc. Ou drops they're now getting to come to omen runs for all the other great accessories/cards. I'm also taking people to HTBF runs for misc. gear/chapters since I run 3 characters myself. With campaign right now is a great time to help people get those chapters to reforge to +1 AF/Relic/Empy, as well as get those afterglow materials, and misc. accessories that still hold some value such as; ginsen, voltsurge torque, neretic earrings, cessance earring, etc.

Are you on Asura or leviathan? Is there anything like this on Asura?

Unfortunately I'm on Leviathan, however the originator of this post is doing a lot of great things for new/returning players on Asura by the sounds of it! =)
By Nyarlko 2018-04-27 16:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The hard part now is keeping track of all the new names. Not used to seeing ~30 names in linkshell list on average, and max I've seen was 62! XD We've even picked up a few brand-new players who have never touched FFXI before now. o_o;; I didn't know those still existed.

FaceDesk is still accepting all and will continue to do so until the member list is capped. :3
 Asura.Murisia
Server: Asura
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-27 16:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me if you need help with some of the content for your people.
[+]
 Asura.Kegfreak
By Asura.Kegfreak 2018-04-27 17:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, send me a tell in game! I'm current working on Trishula for DRG but i have a well gered GEO that i can use to help out! At this time stamp, I'm at work but can help out when I get home.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ashlynne
user: Aloriya
By Asura.Ashlynne 2018-05-03 01:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko is definitely one of the more helpful people around. :) Glad to see you're still lending a hand to newer players.
By Luminohelix 2018-05-03 01:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Luminohelix said: »
I'll add to this that I'll happily help people get Herculean Vests. I'm probably easier to reach on a weekend but the offer's there.
I'd take up your offer if possible? (if not too much trouble either :3) let me know when you're available if you can make this happen^^/ thank you in advance!
Contact me when I'm next on and we'll sort a time out.
I haven't seen you on recently, maybe because we have different play times?
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-05 03:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
FaceDesk is still accepting all and will continue to do so until the member list is capped. :3
Contact me in-game and I'll pick a pearl up.

Also, and I'm not naming names here for obvious reasons but...

If someone has gone out of their way to help you gear up show some courtesy, if not appreciation. Do not ask 'why is this taking so long' or 'how much could you sell this for'. You're not helping, at all.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-05 03:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add to this that I'll happily help people get Herculean Vests. I'm probably easier to reach on a weekend but the offer's there.
I'd take up your offer if possible? (if not too much trouble either :3) let me know when you're available if you can make this happen^^/ thank you in advance!
Yeah, I'm in the AEST time zone so it can be hard to get hold of me outside a weekend.
[+]
By Luminohelix 2018-05-05 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm in the AEST time zone so it can be hard to get hold of me outside a weekend.
No worries! :D no rush here! but thanks for replying! :D
 Asura.Beehotch
By Asura.Beehotch 2018-05-07 19:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to add to this regarding pop item cost, I don't think I seen it mentioned previously. Escha Zitah all T1 pops can be made with Flame Blade which can be purchased with sparks. Reisenjima same thing for T1 with Darksteel Buckler. As for Escha Ru'Aun T1's there isn't a sparks pop item. I think the cheapest item you could buy is the Cermet Chunk from Alchemy guild for 5k but requires Craftsman Alchemy rank. Save that gil and use sparks (which some would use for gil anyway, I would).

I picked up a pearl from the concierge and I'll come on tomorrow and introduce myself. I don't care much for unmerc'ing but I have never used one. I just ignore them, I'm indifferent. I would really like to help people though.
[+]
 Asura.Asmov
By Asura.Asmov 2018-05-07 19:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what linkshell is this about?

I'm a new player (about 6-7weeks in) and im hitting the point where im 99 but not geared enough to do any real endgame content but theres no interest in my LS's in the content i can do and need gear from. So im stuck farming gil and paying for getting the gear.

Spoke to OP ingame my question was awnsered
By Nyarlko 2018-05-08 02:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beehotch said: »
I just wanted to add to this regarding pop item cost, I don't think I seen it mentioned previously. Escha Zitah all T1 pops can be made with Flame Blade which can be purchased with sparks. Reisenjima same thing for T1 with Darksteel Buckler. As for Escha Ru'Aun T1's there isn't a sparks pop item. I think the cheapest item you could buy is the Cermet Chunk from Alchemy guild for 5k but requires Craftsman Alchemy rank. Save that gil and use sparks (which some would use for gil anyway, I would).

I picked up a pearl from the concierge and I'll come on tomorrow and introduce myself. I don't care much for unmerc'ing but I have never used one. I just ignore them, I'm indifferent. I would really like to help people though.

Escha-Zi'tah: Flame Blade costs 775 sparks (or ~7750gil), Holy Sword costs 430 sparks (~4300 gil), but I'm usually lazy and just buy fishkabobs from Curio Moogle for 1080g (6480g per pop) since they are convenient and it's 2x pops per stack.

Escha-Ruaun: It's 2x cermet per pop (10k from npc), so I usually either buy fish from AH for 4k-5k per pop, or make my own pops. Catablopas leather (2500g per hide, ~5k per pop) or pamama tarts (comes out to ~1k per pop but a LOT more time involved.) I actually leveled cooking just so I could make my own pamama tarts a long time ago. XD

Reisenjima: I'm a leathercrafter, so its under 5k per pop using behemoth leather for me and they stack to 12. Darksteel buckler doesn't stack, but can be bought for 473 sparks (~4730gil) so roughly the same cost as my leather.

Just because the info might help someone new who sees this. ^^

T1s are all dirt cheap to pop. That's why I can cover the cost without any problems. T2s tend to run ~100k-200k per pop though, and unfortunately my pockets aren't deep enough to be giving that much away on a regular basis.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-08 03:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@Beehotch & Asmov: Welcome to FaceDesk! Don't be shy and be sure to ask questions when you have them. We've got a bunch of helpful people and many members are on their way up, so things are usually pretty lively. Looking forward to tomorrow. ^^

I do think I should mention that I've kinda been forced to no longer refill the NPCs with pearls because we're up to ~60 active members and I believe that the cap is 64 online per linkshell. ^^;; I don't mind handing out a couple more for those who need help, but I don't want anyone getting locked out of the ls because there are too many of us online at once, so we are no longer actively recruiting. >_<;;

If you are struggling and can't find help, send me a tell in-game or PM here. I am allowed to help people who are not in the ls afterall. XD
By Luminohelix 2018-05-28 13:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bother again, I was wondering if there is anyone who can setup/help with neak, I'd love to get a Herculean vest if anyone is willing to help ^-^! Thank you in advance! (Maybe you can help by giving setup/tips on how to combat this nm)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-05-28 16:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bother again, I was wondering if there is anyone who can setup/help with neak, I'd love to get a Herculean vest if anyone is willing to help ^-^! Thank you in advance! (Maybe you can help by giving setup/tips on how to combat this nm)

Idk about how to do Neak other than:

Pup (tank in separate party),
Cor (drops after buffs),
Geo (Torpor/Fraility),
Whm
4x Bst or Smns (smn is stronger now).

With All Bst, need to all 1hr.
With multiple Smns, can have only 1 or two 1hr and win. (But need good gear).
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-05-28 17:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neak doesn't particularly hit hard. Having a GEO do fade/frailty, a healer (with meva setup to resist paralyze from heavy stomp is a plus), and any strong melee with enough acc can beat him down. Fill in the rest of the party slots with more damage/buffers/trusts as needed.

Killing faster means not having to deal with discordant note or voidsong as often.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2018-05-28 18:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld, Geox2 or Brd(can replace 2nd Geo), Rng or Cor x2(both works for DD), Whm

Geo1 - Fury and Frailty
Geo2 - Precision and Torpor
Brd - Preludex2 and Minuet

Pop Neak at portal 2 past the bridge on left up the hill. Have the tank stay at the top of the hill facing against the wall. Everyone below past 18 yalms from Neak to avoid his dispel and meteor. Have whm run in range to heal tank whenever needed. Rng and Cor spam Last Stand for easy win.

Smn or Bst works as well but much slower without 1hr.
By Luminohelix 2018-05-28 21:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys so much! I will have to shout and try these methods, and see how it goes! <3 I greatly appreciate you all! <3 :)
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-05-29 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a video of PUP+BST+GEO killing Neak quite some time ago. The PUP was in their own party separate from the BST & GEO, and the Meteors weren't hitting the other parties. They were only hitting the PUP's automaton. So that's definitely a viable strategy, and I suspect SMN would work in place of BST, or pretty much any DD really as long as they don't pull hate off the automaton.
By deej00800 2018-05-30 19:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Talked with you this week about joining and you mentioned a second LS in the works. My wife and I are return players, and we'd love to join. We think this is a great thing. Well done all involved.

We're Kourt and Purgess.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 01:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FaceDesk linkshell is once again able to open it's doors for new membership! \o/

As deej00800 above mentioned, I've been working on a second linkshell to move our event members to. And yes, this ragtag bunch of returnees and newbies who couldn't even open the Gobbiebox have been doing things like Omen and Dyna recently. XD We've been hovering around 50-60 members online almost 'round the clock, which was why I had to close membership earlier.

The new linkshell (FaceDeskToo) is now up and running, and the membership move is going smoothly, which means that we already have room once again in FaceDesk for those who are looking for a helping hand! :D If you are interested in joining us, send a tell to Nyarlko and/or Cthuuko in-game, or PM me here. ^^

@deej00800 I'll keep an eye out for Kourt and Purgess.
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2018-05-31 06:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sign me up. I run Guam/Aussie time.
 Asura.Amyelia
user: amyelia
By Asura.Amyelia 2018-06-01 10:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sign me up as well, at the point where I have NQ ambuscade on BLU and bayld on all others. Need that little push to get BLU to where I can help others too.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-02 18:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to snag Kourt, Purgess and Amyelia, but have yet to see you online Kyaaadaaa. ><;;
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-02 19:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not against helping or being helped. I'd like a pearl, please. Whenever is clever. No rush. I'll be online a while today/tonight. Just derping around doing things.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-27 14:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone from Asura interested in doing Vagary runs occasionally throughout the week? Trying to join up with others who have a group or may be willing to form with me. Not trying to buy or sell anything, just looking for an extra event to do during the week and grab a few KIs in preparation for the campaign coming up. I want to try for Tart Mail and other misc stuff. Send PM or in game tell if interested in teaming up.