X-Hit STP build using Raetic Algol +1
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how much stp from gear I would need for the different x-hit builds with Sam as SJ?

Not including the STP prom from no drain.

Also curious about how ouch STP I would need in my WS set as well.

Thanks for the help.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM is 15 Store TP and the amount needed depends on weapon and WS used.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Titles says Raetic Algol +1 but guess I should have been more clear in the body of the post.

Specifically looking for info around Raetic Algol +1
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't clear, we need to know your Weapon Skill sets to know how much sTP you need.

But if you just want a number, the answer is 42.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-16 09:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic +1 x-hits are going to depend on how much MP max you have.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

42+15 from /Sam or 42-15 or 27 from gear + 15 from /sam to get to the 42?

In my WS set, based on that 42 number, how much would I need in my WS set. Just looking for a baseline so I can play around with gear sets to get my optimal set

And yes I’m aware of the STP from mana. Just looking for baseline numbers so I know what I need to play with.

Also, regarding that STP from mana drain, I know that it applies to the first hit, but does it apply to multi-attacks on the first hit as well? Excluding the multi hit from MP drain proc similar to jailer weapons.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just take a moment, it'll come to you.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-03-16 10:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't clear, we need to know your Weapon Skill sets to know how much sTP you need.

But if you just want a number, the answer is 42.

The answer is always 42. Unless the answer is pie. Pie is delicious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-16 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

go /sam with weapon of same delay hit a mob in tp set to see what tp/hit is. Then disengage and ws set and do the math from there and assume you'll get more tp/hit with raetic under the right conditions. I would do it for you, but I'm at work
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 10:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just take a moment, it'll come to you.

Should have known the trolls would show
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-16 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Also, regarding that STP from mana drain, I know that it applies to the first hit, but does it apply to multi-attacks on the first hit as well? Excluding the multi hit from MP drain proc similar to jailer weapons.
No, it doesn't. If you have 400 max MP, and you get 3 swings due to a triple attack (or a double attack + raetic proc), you'll have +10 STP on the first hit, and +0 on the other two hits.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 11:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 11:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

:gets out of my rocking chair: back in my FFxi days you had to research this stuff. Nowadays these new players can’t even figure out store TP or WS sets to save their lives let out alone research. Like the kiddies asking for absorb def drk spells when drk technically have it! :gets back to my rocking chair.:
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

So you want him to technically do it for you to a degree? :0 what In tarnation!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-16 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titles says Raetic Algol +1 but guess I should have been more clear in the body of the post.

Would have to side with Saevel just this time. You didn't ask for the equation; you asked for the answer.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Would have to side with Saevel just this time. You didn't ask for the equation; you asked for the answer.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
I'm normally in the "throw sav" under the bus crowd due to his nature but the guy does know his 11 calculations and it's quite impossible to give you a direct answer with so many unknown variables in place to figure it out I.E.(what buffs, what gear, what MP refresh, etc).I had a Raetic Algol +1 and that weapon is a beast if you have the proper checks for it to be used.

I have been playing 14 lately (FOR THE STORY) and the idiocy of people on that game who can't be bothered with simple DPS checks is astounding. I would imagine the factors would be compounded immensely if they had to do the math required on this game without copying someone else who has posted their gear sets.

I would advise anyone who is lazy and/or incompetent to do their calculations to actually be more precise in their descriptions and think through a bit more about what answers they want.
There goes my hero watch him as he owns the oP. : insert guitar solo:

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 12:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like wiki's and umpteen job forum threads nor even google don't exist.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like wiki's and umpteen job forum threads nor even google don't exist.
:gets out of rocking chair: back in my day we were still building the wikis and such. Plus, you either had google or you didn’t have a linkshell. These darn kids these days. :back in rocking chair:
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Chriscoffey said: »
I'm normally in the "throw sav" under the bus crowd due to his nature but the guy does know his 11 calculations and it's quite impossible to give you a direct answer with so many unknown variables in place to figure it out I.E.(what buffs, what gear, what MP refresh, etc).I had a Raetic Algol +1 and that weapon is a beast if you have the proper checks for it to be used.

I have been playing 14 lately (FOR THE STORY) and the idiocy of people on that game who can't be bothered with simple DPS checks is astounding. I would imagine the factors would be compounded immensely if they had to do the math required on this game without copying someone else who has posted their gear sets.

I would advise anyone who is lazy and/or incompetent to do their calculations to actually be more precise in their descriptions and think through a bit more about what answers they want.
There goes my hero watch him as he owns the oP. : insert guitar solo:

Lol
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-16 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how much stp from gear I would need for the different x-hit builds with Sam as SJ?

The answer to this question is, "Yes." Just "Yes" is the most complete answer.

And then this gem:

Much ouch. As much ouch as you can handle.

But, seriously, holy smokes people, isn't it obvious? The OP wants to know how much STP he needs for every possible X-hit while he is a completely naked (except for Raetic Algol +1) WAR/SAM.
This is because omgwtfbbq the weapon is all that matters! So he spent all his gil on the weapon first and has no gear to support it.
No need to worry about buffs, he has none. I don't think Trusts would even party with a naked WAR. Well... Trion, Mayakov, Balamor and Zeid (Never again, I'm sure!) might, but they don't provide buffs.

The follow up question shows he is saving up for gear, and wants to know how much STP he should look to buy to move up the X-hit ladder. Anyone hate themselves enough to start with small purchases, like 1 STP from Brutal? And then gradually work to add the gears with ranges of 2+ STP?

This isn't too much to ask is it? It isn't like there are resources out there with this information, after all!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

The answer to this question is, "Yes." Just "Yes" is the most complete answer.

And then this gem:

Much ouch. As much ouch as you can handle.

But, seriously, holy smokes people, isn't it obvious? The OP wants to know how much STP he needs for every possible X-hit while he is a completely naked (except for Raetic Algol +1) WAR/SAM.
This is because omgwtfbbq the weapon is all that matters! So he spent all his gil on the weapon first and has no gear to support it.
No need to worry about buffs, he has none. I don't think Trusts would even party with a naked WAR. Well... Trion, Mayakov, Balamor and Zeid (Never again, I'm sure!) might, but they don't provide buffs.

The follow up question shows he is saving up for gear, and wants to know how much STP he should look to buy to move up the X-hit ladder. Anyone hate themselves enough to start with small purchases, like 1 STP from Brutal? And then gradually work to add the gears with ranges of 2+ STP?

This isn't too much to ask is it? It isn't like there are resources out there with this information, after all!
Ohhhh I see basically he’s this guy but without the helmet?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

:gets out of rocking chair: back in my day we were still building the wikis and such. Plus, you either had google or you didn’t have a linkshell. These darn kids these days. :back in rocking chair:
:Takes teeth out.: Back in my day, we learned how to read and pay attention. OP could learn a lot from Lavar Burton's old tv show from the 1990s. Yes, OP. Gordi LeForge TAUGHT PEOPLE HOW TO READ AND ENJOY IT! WITH A RAINBOW, SON!
I member and then the dmx mix
[+]
First Page 2