X-Hit STP Build Using Raetic Algol +1

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
335 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » X-Hit STP build using Raetic Algol +1
X-Hit STP build using Raetic Algol +1
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
Posts: 68
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone know how much stp from gear I would need for the different x-hit builds with Sam as SJ?

Not including the STP prom from no drain.

Also curious about how ouch STP I would need in my WS set as well.

Thanks for the help.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7625
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
/SAM is 15 Store TP and the amount needed depends on weapon and WS used.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
Posts: 68
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
/SAM is 15 Store TP and the amount needed depends on weapon and WS used.

Titles says Raetic Algol +1 but guess I should have been more clear in the body of the post.

Specifically looking for info around Raetic Algol +1
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7625
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wasn't clear, we need to know your Weapon Skill sets to know how much sTP you need.

But if you just want a number, the answer is 42.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 1204
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-16 09:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Raetic +1 x-hits are going to depend on how much MP max you have.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
Posts: 68
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
42+15 from /Sam or 42-15 or 27 from gear + 15 from /sam to get to the 42?

In my WS set, based on that 42 number, how much would I need in my WS set. Just looking for a baseline so I can play around with gear sets to get my optimal set

And yes I’m aware of the STP from mana. Just looking for baseline numbers so I know what I need to play with.

Also, regarding that STP from mana drain, I know that it applies to the first hit, but does it apply to multi-attacks on the first hit as well? Excluding the multi hit from MP drain proc similar to jailer weapons.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7625
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 09:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just take a moment, it'll come to you.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Offline
Posts: 673
By Nyarlko 2018-03-16 10:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Wasn't clear, we need to know your Weapon Skill sets to know how much sTP you need.

But if you just want a number, the answer is 42.

The answer is always 42. Unless the answer is pie. Pie is delicious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
Posts: 446
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-16 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
go /sam with weapon of same delay hit a mob in tp set to see what tp/hit is. Then disengage and ws set and do the math from there and assume you'll get more tp/hit with raetic under the right conditions. I would do it for you, but I'm at work
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
Posts: 68
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 10:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Just take a moment, it'll come to you.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Should have known the trolls would show
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 1204
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-16 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Also, regarding that STP from mana drain, I know that it applies to the first hit, but does it apply to multi-attacks on the first hit as well? Excluding the multi hit from MP drain proc similar to jailer weapons.
No, it doesn't. If you have 400 max MP, and you get 3 swings due to a triple attack (or a double attack + raetic proc), you'll have +10 STP on the first hit, and +0 on the other two hits.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2018-03-16 10:58:34
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7625
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 11:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: emerle
Posts: 68
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2018-03-16 11:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.
:gets out of my rocking chair: back in my FFxi days you had to research this stuff. Nowadays these new players can’t even figure out store TP or WS sets to save their lives let out alone research. Like the kiddies asking for absorb def drk spells when drk technically have it! :gets back to my rocking chair.:
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.
So you want him to technically do it for you to a degree? :0 what In tarnation!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 499
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-16 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
/SAM is 15 Store TP and the amount needed depends on weapon and WS used.

Titles says Raetic Algol +1 but guess I should have been more clear in the body of the post.

Specifically looking for info around Raetic Algol +1


Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.

Would have to side with Saevel just this time. You didn't ask for the equation; you asked for the answer.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
/SAM is 15 Store TP and the amount needed depends on weapon and WS used.

Titles says Raetic Algol +1 but guess I should have been more clear in the body of the post.

Specifically looking for info around Raetic Algol +1


Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.

Would have to side with Saevel just this time. You didn't ask for the equation; you asked for the answer.
Offline
Posts: 162
By Chriscoffey 2018-03-16 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm normally in the "throw sav" under the bus crowd due to his nature but the guy does know his 11 calculations and it's quite impossible to give you a direct answer with so many unknown variables in place to figure it out I.E.(what buffs, what gear, what MP refresh, etc).I had a Raetic Algol +1 and that weapon is a beast if you have the proper checks for it to be used.

I have been playing 14 lately (FOR THE STORY) and the idiocy of people on that game who can't be bothered with simple DPS checks is astounding. I would imagine the factors would be compounded immensely if they had to do the math required on this game without copying someone else who has posted their gear sets.

I would advise anyone who is lazy and/or incompetent to do their calculations to actually be more precise in their descriptions and think through a bit more about what answers they want.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2018-03-16 11:43:08
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 11:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Chriscoffey said: »
I'm normally in the "throw sav" under the bus crowd due to his nature but the guy does know his 11 calculations and it's quite impossible to give you a direct answer with so many unknown variables in place to figure it out I.E.(what buffs, what gear, what MP refresh, etc).I had a Raetic Algol +1 and that weapon is a beast if you have the proper checks for it to be used.

I have been playing 14 lately (FOR THE STORY) and the idiocy of people on that game who can't be bothered with simple DPS checks is astounding. I would imagine the factors would be compounded immensely if they had to do the math required on this game without copying someone else who has posted their gear sets.

I would advise anyone who is lazy and/or incompetent to do their calculations to actually be more precise in their descriptions and think through a bit more about what answers they want.
There goes my hero watch him as he owns the oP. : insert guitar solo:
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2018-03-16 11:52:22
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7625
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-16 12:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.

It's almost like wiki's and umpteen job forum threads nor even google don't exist.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.

It's almost like wiki's and umpteen job forum threads nor even google don't exist.
:gets out of rocking chair: back in my day we were still building the wikis and such. Plus, you either had google or you didn’t have a linkshell. These darn kids these days. :back in rocking chair:
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Candlejack said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Chriscoffey said: »
I'm normally in the "throw sav" under the bus crowd due to his nature but the guy does know his 11 calculations and it's quite impossible to give you a direct answer with so many unknown variables in place to figure it out I.E.(what buffs, what gear, what MP refresh, etc).I had a Raetic Algol +1 and that weapon is a beast if you have the proper checks for it to be used.

I have been playing 14 lately (FOR THE STORY) and the idiocy of people on that game who can't be bothered with simple DPS checks is astounding. I would imagine the factors would be compounded immensely if they had to do the math required on this game without copying someone else who has posted their gear sets.

I would advise anyone who is lazy and/or incompetent to do their calculations to actually be more precise in their descriptions and think through a bit more about what answers they want.
There goes my hero watch him as he owns the oP. : insert guitar solo:

Lol
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1001
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-16 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Anyone know how much stp from gear I would need for the different x-hit builds with Sam as SJ?

The answer to this question is, "Yes." Just "Yes" is the most complete answer.

And then this gem:
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Also curious about how ouch STP I would need in my WS set as well.

Much ouch. As much ouch as you can handle.


But, seriously, holy smokes people, isn't it obvious? The OP wants to know how much STP he needs for every possible X-hit while he is a completely naked (except for Raetic Algol +1) WAR/SAM.
This is because omgwtfbbq the weapon is all that matters! So he spent all his gil on the weapon first and has no gear to support it.
No need to worry about buffs, he has none. I don't think Trusts would even party with a naked WAR. Well... Trion, Mayakov, Balamor and Zeid (Never again, I'm sure!) might, but they don't provide buffs.

The follow up question shows he is saving up for gear, and wants to know how much STP he should look to buy to move up the X-hit ladder. Anyone hate themselves enough to start with small purchases, like 1 STP from Brutal? And then gradually work to add the gears with ranges of 2+ STP?

This isn't too much to ask is it? It isn't like there are resources out there with this information, after all!
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Anyone know how much stp from gear I would need for the different x-hit builds with Sam as SJ?

The answer to this question is, "Yes." Just "Yes" is the most complete answer.

And then this gem:
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Also curious about how ouch STP I would need in my WS set as well.

Much ouch. As much ouch as you can handle.


But, seriously, holy smokes people, isn't it obvious? The OP wants to know how much STP he needs for every possible X-hit while he is a completely naked (except for Raetic Algol +1) WAR/SAM.
This is because omgwtfbbq the weapon is all that matters! So he spent all his gil on the weapon first and has no gear to support it.
No need to worry about buffs, he has none. I don't think Trusts would even party with a naked WAR. Well... Trion, Mayakov, Balamor and Zeid (Never again, I'm sure!) might, but they don't provide buffs.

The follow up question shows he is saving up for gear, and wants to know how much STP he should look to buy to move up the X-hit ladder. Anyone hate themselves enough to start with small purchases, like 1 STP from Brutal? And then gradually work to add the gears with ranges of 2+ STP?

This isn't too much to ask is it? It isn't like there are resources out there with this information, after all!
Ohhhh I see basically he’s this guy but without the helmet?
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2018-03-16 12:34:29
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3755
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-16 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Candlejack said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Or you could learn how to calculate out Store TP for various weapons. Not someone went out of their way to make all that information readily available.

You could link the formula or type it out instead of purposefully trying to prove you have the biggest epeen. I’m happy to do the math myself :)

Would have been much less effort on your part as well.

It's almost like wiki's and umpteen job forum threads nor even google don't exist.
:gets out of rocking chair: back in my day we were still building the wikis and such. Plus, you either had google or you didn’t have a linkshell. These darn kids these days. :back in rocking chair:
:Takes teeth out.: Back in my day, we learned how to read and pay attention. OP could learn a lot from Lavar Burton's old tv show from the 1990s. Yes, OP. Gordi LeForge TAUGHT PEOPLE HOW TO READ AND ENJOY IT! WITH A RAINBOW, SON!
YouTube Video Placeholder
I member and then the dmx mix
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2
Log in to post.