2010-09-08
New Items
396 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI HD Mods
FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By kireek 2018-02-13 09:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to post links to the HD mods I'm making here, was going to post in the other thread but seems to of been abandoned with lots of dead links and images on it.

In the zip files are the modded files and the originals so they can be changed back and fourth easily, either manually copy the dats over one by one or drag the "ROM" folder from the mod zip to the "FINAL FANTASY XI" on your hard drive. Click yes on the confirmation prompts to overwrite the specific files (it won't do anything but overwrite the specified files in the folders).

HD chair models.

goo.gl/1jWJmw

HD Monsters.

Uploaded first monster pack.
All ghosts
All bhoots
All skeletons
All Drugaurs
All Apkallu including the marjami ravine grey version.
All leeches
All colibri
All brown base goblins including npcs and goblin riding choco and trust gob.
All armored black goblins
All red armored goblins.
Goobues (inc trust)
All Urugnites
Ark angels from zilart, 99 bcnm and trusts (not in some cut scenes)
Chocobo (all but bred versions (green, red, black, yellow raised not changed)

goo.gl/NkLd1R

Monster pack 2.

All crabs (including mounts / jugpets and barnacle versions in adoulin area), all pugils, all gears (single and trip), all ramparts, all bees, all puks.
All demons, Lizards, crawler, fly, tauri, gargoyle, wamoura & campa.

https://tinyurl.com/yc6knb5a

HD Weapons.
Pack 1
Idris main hand
Aegis
Colada
Lathi
Alkalurops
All Blurred weapons, shields, harp, ranged weapons etc

Weapon pack 1
tinyurl.com/ybqh5pzh

Diamond shield
https://tinyurl.com/y9qat535

HD Armors.

HD Furniture
Currently: Workbench, Maple table and Oak table.

https://tinyurl.com/yavony46

HD Zones.
Currently 3 done, Ambuscade dungeon, Mhaura and Inner Horuto Ruins.

goo.gl/jXTMcR

Mog garden (unfinished but still useable, I don't have access to 2nd area yet)

https://tinyurl.com/y9o5nn4v

HD Characters.

This zip is 4 faces of mithra only, the band shown on the lower 2 isn't the one on the dats. Took picture of the wrong one.

https://tinyurl.com/y9llm6yj

HD weapon skills (Gekko)

Most weapon skills are fine, this one always bugged me though. The moon was awfullly lo-res.

Updated Gekko for all races and Ark Angel.

goo.gl/49j6Fc

HD spells

Changed spell graphics: Warp, stoneskin, aquaveil, stone series, steonega series, break series, doton series of ninja nukes, Titan blood pacts.

goo.gl/MvLNTx

HD Fonts (oncreen ones, not system fonts)

Rank 1 to 15 for each nation redone in HD, rank 11 to 15 not used currently but did them in-case they are ever used in the future. They use the same animations from the originals.

goo.gl/WJq3Eh

Cosmetics
Lilac corsage.
Gobby mask.
Goblin Coif.
Gazers Helmet (this isn't the one on the auction house, think it's a mog bonanza item)
All ark angel weapons.

goo.gl/UeoUK9

HD Misc items (minor update).

goo.gl/GBeuio

Currently updated misc items:
All chests (inc coffers, chests, gob chests, tenshodo, skirmish etc.
All mimics associated with above chests.
All outpost flags (UPDATED to remove ugly moss from around the bases).
Jeuno elevator.
Jeuno magian trials crate by moogle.
Boat / Dinghi to mog garden
All books, survival, ambuscade, FoV, GoV books etc.

Zone event decorations

The two tables for the doll festival done so far.

goo.gl/SjNakE

I didn't make any of the dats listed below, I'm just sharing their work with anyone that reads this thread.

I didn't make the following shiva dat but it's a high res texture and remodel (player controlled and prime), a Japanese player made it (couldn't find his name). I'm just sharing it. It's shiva only.

https://tinyurl.com/y7tgqjg6

Following REMA dats made by Wasenshi, for all races.

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Burtgang, Apoc and Calabolg.

Google Drive Download

Ochain

Ochain

Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Yoichinoyumi

Yoichinoyumi

Almace

Almace

Liberator

Liberator

Mandau

Bravura

Lionheart

Tizona

Epeolatry

Aeneas

Masamune

Sequence

Following telepoint dat made by Bangerang.

This dat can cause a hitch or a stutter when it comes into view (usually only happens once per zone) due to loading it in and it being a large file. I don't know if it happens on ssd but does for me on a normal hd.

Asura.Bangerang said: »
Slightly improved homepoints

Homepoints & Crag crystals

[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2018-02-13 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

HD GALKA PLEASE <3
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-13 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that was hoping the moderators on FFXIAH would be in HD too ?
By kireek 2018-02-13 11:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Added ambuscade / inner horuto ruins dats.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-13 13:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't stop. Please don't stop.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-13 13:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
HD GALKA PLEASE <3

I would reduce all galkas to 8-bit sprites if I could.
[+]
By alloy 2018-02-13 22:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

May i ask how youre doing this? I though texture sizes where hard coded... or has this changed all of the sudden?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-02-14 01:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-14 01:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
HD GALKA PLEASE <3

I would reduce all galkas to 8-bit sprites if I could.
Racist :(
By kireek 2018-02-14 09:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

alloy said: »
May i ask how youre doing this? I though texture sizes where hard coded... or has this changed all of the sudden?

Have to hex edit the files in order to force them to accept the bigger images, then inject the new dds images in with changetex. Once the files have been hex edited once they stay viable for future modding without needing to bother with hex editing again.

So if anyone wants to change my mods and is familiar with changetex you can easily take the larger image out, modify it as you want with photoshop or gimp and put them back in, just keep the image size the same as the ones I used (or it will just crash).

Updated, added misc items dats. Coffers, survival books, dinghi etc
[+]
 Asura.Zigzagzig
user: ZIGZIGZIG
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2018-02-15 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, we used to have HD mod Avatars longtime ago, do you have those files to share, or any players willing to ?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-02-15 15:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the floor of the Legion mod is uneven? o.o
By DanielH 2018-02-15 16:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I think the floor of the Legion mod is uneven? o.o
Pretty sure it has always been uneven.
[+]
 Asura.Suppa
user: Supa
By Asura.Suppa 2018-02-16 01:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zigzagzig said: »
Hello, we used to have HD mod Avatars longtime ago, do you have those files to share, or any players willing to ?

This?

Glowless Avatars
 Asura.Zigzagzig
user: ZIGZIGZIG
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2018-02-16 03:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of them yes, thank you
 Carbuncle.Drauni
Server: Carbuncle
user: Numbahz
By Carbuncle.Drauni 2018-02-16 08:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I installed some of these the other night and man0man beautiful!! Can't get off my throne anymore lol, I tried downloading the Sandoria file from youtube but ran into many issues my PC was not having it. These however were simple, quick and easy and priceless most of all
By kireek 2018-02-18 07:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zigzagzig said: »

I'm planning to do avatars pretty soon, working on ark angels and some other monsters atm.

Updated with Onscreen Rank nation upgrade fonts and a HD Gekko animation for all races.

Does anyone know the dat number for the "challenge" font that appears onscreen when a new limited time RoE objective starts? I can't find it at all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-02-19 16:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome.
By Boshi 2018-02-23 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to hijack the thread but I figured I should mention these here since I haven't seen these posted on the forum, I think kireek uses them also?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ4a33wIHWadqXW7SP87aQ
Amelila person reskinned full E Saru, W Saru, E Ron, W Ron, Mis. Coast, V. Dunes, Lathein and parts of South Sandy that's a work in progress atm.

Most of they look great the Lathein one got some issues with the grass and the moss on the crags

--
I made one file where I can just drag and drop all of kireek's mods, amelila's zones and jeanpual's icons all at once for my friends that I've been updating when kireek makes new stuff.
[+]
By kireek 2018-02-23 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated OP with some monster dats, chocobo and trusts. If anyone notices any problems or missed dats let me know, I think I got them all though. 85 meg zip.

I spent an hour trying to make the ark angel mithras chest look good, then realized she rarely stands up straight and is hunched over perma xD

Boshi said: »
Not to hijack the thread but I figured I should mention these here since I haven't seen these posted on the forum, I think kireek uses them also?
Amelila person reskinned full E Saru, W Saru, E Ron, W Ron, Mis. Coast, V. Dunes, Lathein and parts of South Sandy that's a work in progress atm.

Most of they look great the Lathein one got some issues with the grass and the moss on the crags

--
I made one file where I can just drag and drop all of kireek's mods, amelila's zones and jeanpual's icons all at once for my friends that I've been updating when kireek makes new stuff.

Yeah they inspired me to quit making mods for other games and start making them for ffxi, love their zone dats.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-02-24 02:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yea I figured these were inspired by that

- i just figured I'd link them here incase ppl haven't seen so they can be expososed to Amel's work also.

-love what both of you are doing
By kireek 2018-02-26 15:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Amelila uploaded a new HD video and download for san d`oria south.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Boshi 2018-02-27 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno how I feel about the sandy zone, I like most of amel's stuff because it's loyal to the original. Sandy zone has too many liberties taken.

The detail on the floor makes the zone wayyyy darker than it normally is. original sandy ground is very light grey. the circular patterns near the guild (which are also used in jeuno) are wayyyyyyyy darker.

The hallway to N.sandy has the most changes, the brick isn't sandy style flat but almost bastok style on the wall, and a totally new pattern was added to the ground runner which seems out of place.

Amel's Mis.Coast, Sarutas, Ronfaurs are incredible.
[+]
By kireek 2018-02-27 19:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated zones pack with a reskin of Mhaura zone, pretty much updated everything except the inner rooms since they are more or less fine. I'm not 100% happy with the water and clouds, might update and change those in a few days.

I dunno how I feel about the sandy zone, I like most of amel's stuff because it's loyal to the original. Sandy zone has too many liberties taken.

The detail on the floor makes the zone wayyyy darker than it normally is. original sandy ground is very light grey. the circular patterns near the guild (which are also used in jeuno) are wayyyyyyyy darker.

The hallway to N.sandy has the most changes, the brick isn't sandy style flat but almost bastok style on the wall, and a totally new pattern was added to the ground runner which seems out of place.

Amel's Mis.Coast, Sarutas, Ronfaurs are incredible.

The main problem is sourcing replacement textures that fit, the developers just ask a graphics artists to create what they want according to the lore but modders usually can't (or don't have the time) to do that. So some liberties tend to be necessary sometimes. This is why cities are going to be annoying to some.

Another issue is the crazy way the zone developers made many of the zones, the way they skinned a zone is by taking one image and pasting parts out of it to use all over the zone by mirroring and all kinds of stuff. So if you change a texture too much it causes issues in other parts of the zone, you get ugly seam lines everywhere because it no longer matches in some other part of the zone.

As such, very often there is a need to use darker or smaller bricks / tiles to try get around this issue, or just not change it at all.
By kireek 2018-02-27 19:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, does anyone think it would be odd to change the ark angel trusts to be normal player size instead of their current massive size? Considering changing their sizes in the trust forms.
 Lakshmi.Torro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Torro
By Lakshmi.Torro 2018-03-01 01:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

--
Could you be nice enough to upload that one big file? xD

These texture modes along with the saruta/ronfoure etc overhauls are what convince me to sub again... lol
By Boshi 2018-03-01 12:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yea just DM me your email address I have it on a google drive that I was using to share it with LS ppl,
By Boshi 2018-03-02 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the answer for most of the ground textures in the game would be FFXIV v.1
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8