Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 07:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
That's if the HP added to the Luopan is added midcast when you summon the luopan and stays on it even if you unequip the hat.
Which is possible but I think it's unlikely.
Most likely it will work like every other HP+ pet specific gear, where the amount of HP is added whenever you swap into the piece, even after summon, and likewise is removed if you swap into another piece even if for a split second.

Ladyofhonor is right in saying it's useful for BoG. Who cares if the HP goes away after you cast a BoG bubble? It comes out with 65% HP, so the extra 600 will give you more base bubble.

However, is that worth however much it costs to upgrade a relic? And if 600 HP is only worth 3 HP/tic, then it's equal to Empy hat which is 3 HP/tic. Making it a niche piece only for BoG.
600 HP is only worth 3/tic regen if your bubble is surviving a whole ten minutes. If the mob is taking it out faster, it's worth more, often a LOT more.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-09 07:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Huh, so pet +hp works differently than PC +hp gear? That's some ***.

I'm not sure how it is different. PLDs struggle to maintain their max HP, often having to sacrifice excellent FC, Enmity or Cure Potency/Received pieces just to not lose 33% of their HP every swap.

That's a slightly different scenario though as a PLD wants to stay at absolute max HP at all times and can vary from 2000~ to 3500+. A luopan generally has a starting value and just goes down.

Say the luopan starts with 2,000 hp. If you BoG it now it would start at 1400~ (full JP should be 70% start, unless it maths funny). If you use this head, it would be at 2600hp, or BoG for 1820hp. If you swap off the HP+600 piece, the luopan will still be under the normal max hp of 2000, but now you have a BoG'd luopan at 90% hp.

As well, assuming you don't NEED to cast anything for a bit, if you cast a luopan with the HP+600 and idle for a bit, any damage taken before you swap the head out, either from AOE or normal ticks, would just get eaten before a DT/Regen/FC/etc. head is put on. But that'd probably be a harder gearswap rule to write.

Asura.Geriond said: »
600 HP is only worth 3/tic regen if your bubble is surviving a whole ten minutes. If the mob is taking it out faster, it's worth more, often a LOT more.

Right. 3hp/tick is the MINIMUM in this scenario.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 07:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The hat is worth regardless of how the hp bonus works, because of aspir.

With that said I'm not sure I'm following you guys with the comparisons you're making. I would understand if we were talking about "full" 600up added, but since it's likely gonna be just 600 max hp I'm not sure I understand what you all mean

Edit
Read lady's post. That makes sense! But only if the hp is applied before bog. If it's applied after I still don't see the potential utility.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-02-09 07:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

With that said I'm not sure I'm following you guys with the comparisons you're making. I would understand if we were talking about "full" 600up added, but since it's likely gonna be just 600 max hp I'm not sure I understand what you all mean

Edit
Read lady's post. That makes sense! But only if the hp is applied before bog. If it's applied after I still don't see the potential utility.
Calm down Galka, Let the humes figure out the math, you just get to killing the miniboss in dynamis windurst on GEO
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-09 07:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit

It's very possible the HP wouldn't be added at cast. That would be lame, but totally plausible.

I also think the hat is an excellent free-nuke piece as well.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 07:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Equip hat > summon luopon > keep hat on until 600 HP is lost (situational)

or

Equip hat > BoG > summon luopon > get full benefit right away, so can swap hat immediately
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-09 07:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Edit

It's very possible the HP wouldn't be added at cast. That would be lame, but totally plausible.

I also think the hat is an excellent free-nuke piece as well.
It's almost guaranteed that the HP is added before BoG takes it away; all gear like this with pet stats are constant and always up, while BoG's hp reduction doesn't occur for a split second after summoning.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-09 07:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there are a few pieces with "pet: hp+XX" that geo can equip. Would be easy to test, likely this hat follows the same pattern.

I'm not 100% sure but I think pet hp+ gear is normally added as max hp, after summon, only exception being pet level + items which, instead, get added on summon if you midcast those items.

If this hat will add on summon I can see the utility, but regardless of that this is still a nice piece for aspir and free nuking.
Expensive sure, but prices will only go down.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-09 10:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatar hp pieces (apogee gear) are applied as worn and will cause hp total to bounce around.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-09 10:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not hard to test. There's pet: HP+ gear that PUP uses. Quick pet stats shows the hp goes up and down as the item is equipped and removed. It's always operated this way. You'd need to keep it equipped for a luopan to retain this bonus.

The real advantage here might be as stated above, where adding it to your bog macro gives your pet a bit higher hop hp upon summoning.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-02-09 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

has the blu trait thing been figured out yet? what did they do
?
By clearlyamule 2018-02-09 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet hp just increases max like players does except weird atuff like familiar. But pets are automatically summoned at full hp (except with deus and the geo move) including things that effect hp.
By Sabishii 2018-02-09 13:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
has the blu trait thing been figured out yet? what did they do
?

Seconding on that question. Why don't they just be transparent and say WHAT exactly they did, what values they changed, like ANY OTHER MMO in existence. Any other MMO in the existence (including FFXIV), they explain "Oh, we found that the value of BLU triple attack was X with gifts, and we changed it to Y." It would save everyone a ton of trouble of people spending their time testing parses to see how many TA procs you get out of a sample with no other gear on. It goes that the patch notes for other games usually tells you what they changed, and how much they changed it. /rant
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 16:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
According to BG Wiki, BLU's Job Trait Bonus doesn't even work on Triple Attack in the first place; is it possible this adjustment is a buff?

As it DA/TA is intentionally and specifically excluded, I'm betting it was working when it was not supposed to be.
AFAIK, the only reason we think it's intentionally excluded is because it has been for so long. It's possible that it was excluded unintentionally.

Plus, the notes say the problem was in how much the Triple Attack (not Double Attack) trait increased was incorrect; it's currently increased by 0%, so logically it can only go up unless there are translation errors involved.

The description on the gift itself specifically excludes Gilfinder, Double Attack, and Auto-Refresh, and by extension Treasure Hunter and Triple Attack. It's quite probable that the spaghetti got tangled up last month with something unrelated and the gifts started accidentally affecting TA. If it was only a few percent increase, it would've been difficult to spot playerside without actually testing for it and easily missed.

Either way, it should be simple enough for the test-fiends to figure out if there was an increase or not once they look for it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-09 16:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The most it would have been giving is an extra 1% TA since it only goes up to TAII. For it to be any higher you would have to assume that there are several inactive/hidden tiers of TA that will and have never been used which would be dumb. Doesn't matter one way or the other.

If anyone really wants to waste the time, get a 1D weapon and as much -STR gear as you can (Errant/Mahatma, etc.), set as many -STR spells as possible, and set Triple Attack. Make sure you're wearing no other sources of multiattack to make the results easier to interpret. Go out to Castle Zvahl S and start whacking fortilaces for hours on end while parsing your multiattack rate. This also works on goldfish in sea but I don't even know if you can get your fSTR low enough to hit them for 0 anymore.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-10 06:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This also works on goldfish in sea but I don't even know if you can get your fSTR low enough to hit them for 0 anymore.

Don't escha goldfish work the same way?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-10 09:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

According to BG Wiki, BLU's Job Trait Bonus doesn't even work on Triple Attack in the first place; is it possible this adjustment is a buff?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything I've seen in game and directly from SE says that the trait bonus gifts at 100 jp and 1200 jp don't apply to Gilfinder, Double attack or Autorefresh or Double Attack.

Presumably Gilfinder and Double Attack because they already upgrade to Treasure Hunter and Triple Attack. Auto-refresh because mp management is a planned limiting factor on blue mage as a job. I don't see anything saying it doesn't apply to Treasure hunter or Triple attack.

I haven't searched thru the records on blu testing, cuz I wasn't playing when Job Points and gifts came out, but did anyone test if TH will go up to 2 or 3 from just traits on blu? Or test Triple attack rate with just traits?
By oyama 2018-02-11 15:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For the purposes of setting traits with blue magic, triple attack is the next tier of the double attack trait, and treasure hunter is the next tier of the gilfinder trait, and they will replace the prior trait. Presumably the gift is set not to work on those because they give different traits rather than being tiers of the same trait. Perhaps we were getting TA II when we weren't supposed to? Auto-refresh is probably just because we shouldn't have that much refresh in SE's eyes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-11 15:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If BLU was meant to have multiple tiers of auto refresh we'd have had it by now. There's several times more excess Auto Refresh points than auto refresh traits. The reason for it is probably dumb though since an extra 1 point of auto refresh isn't particularly gamebreaking for any job, let alone BLU who already has access to an infinite MP battery (Tizona).
[+]