Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » WoC Smn burn`
WoC Smn burn`
By Lariae 2018-01-31 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So due to work schedule and RL I'm not really able to get together with my linkshell and do large scale events. Me and a friend hopped on the SMN Bandwagon so we could try and clear our Aeonics. We've currently cleared up to Warder of Courage, and from what I've read thusfar this should be a pretty amenable fight for our setup.

Currently we have RUN, GEO, SMN, SMN, COR, (Trust: Healer)

The smn's have pretty similar gear
ItemSet 356469

The first attempt WoC disabled ifrit during my 2hr, we got em to 76% and then he benedictioned.

The second attempt WoC seemed to have some sort of massive dodge capability for the first 10-15 seconds, and my Ramuh missed like crazy. We got him down to 56% before Meteor Spam got us.

Today we plan to get in another 4-5 shots, will be replacing the trust healer with another summoner. I was wondering if anyone who's had success burning this guy had some tips to give? I know I need to get the Omen Earring and neck, as well the belt from vagary, but should i replace my Apogee crown and boots with Merlinic?

As far as the fight itself, a couple things i've thought of:
1: Have the Geo try to lock WoC out of some two hours (not much information on how to do this unless its simply cast any nuke after its done a 2hr)
2: Wait till about 70% or so before unleashing AC/AF

Thanks!

Another question are you guys using a macro during the AC/AF?

/pet "Volt Strike" <t>
wait 1.25
/pet "Volt strike" <t>
ect ect. or are you mashing button to spam?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-31 11:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyllic subterfuge will all but guarantee WoC is unable to damage/debuff you or the avatars for 30 seconds. Fight flow should be:

Gather at #1 and use super revitalizers to get crooked cards 11 rolls for drachen and beast rolls. SMNs use wings to get 3000 tp.

Proceed to whatever ??? you're using.

Summon Ramuh.

Pop WoC, GEO immediately does bolster indi-frailty, geo-torpor, dia2 while RUN builds hate and SMNs put AM3 up. SMNs retreat to 20' immediately after getting AM3 active.

Once all of those are completed, SMNs should pop astral flow > astral conduit > spam volt strike. As soon as RUN sees someone use conduit, they immediately use Odyllic Subterfuge to floor risk of WoC interrupting it.

If you use Ifrit, you need Frailty/Malaise for maximum effectiveness. This means with only 1 GEO, you're limited to only an entrust torpor, which may leave you lacking in accuracy. Volt strike is easier to cap for and should be more than sufficient to clear WoC.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-31 13:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I used AF+2 feet on mine. It gives a lot of accuracy. Aside that your gear is superior to mine, and mine sounds about right to woc so your gear shouldnt need major upgrades.

How much were you doing per bp?

I do cleared it yesterday burning smn, setup was smnx4 geo whm run cor. Cor do its stuffs, smn gather tp and get am3 (i started the fight already with am3), used shiromichi (sp? The highest acc food), geo used indi torpor and bolstered geo frailty with dematerialize. As soon bubble was up, used astral flow, assault, apogee, 2x bp, conduit. In previous fights i was having problem with pets dying and thats lethal to me as its astral conduit time wasted. My smn script used to use a convert in the middle of burn as my mp pool couldnt handle the entire duration but for this fight i asked cor to use wild card during astral cond for at least mp refresh, and swapped convert for healing salve ii to garantee that pet wouldnt die in the burn. Other thing as mentioned odyllic subterfuge to reduce woc macc and i use elemental sforzo before burning, to prevent woc to turn against pets. My bps were doing average 40k and still couldnt clear before astral conduit wore off, relying on some apogee restored by wild card (though you can luck out and get another conduit. Didnt happen with me yesterday). Woc had around 1.5m hp with 7 or 8 idr if i had another smn when i parsed.

Edit: My script (using ashita, dont know if this makes much difference on others programs) uses wait 1.1 and thats the minimum i can use. Easy to test though. Use apogee and see how low your wait can get on the second bp.

Edit2: yeah, i do recognize woc was kinda forgiven with me, but i also started full power. I dont think you should wait much before zerg.
By Lariae 2018-01-31 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So with Windower it seems the lowest I can get time between blood pacts is 1.75 seconds, if i try 1.5 it doesn't register the second one.

Is this just lag or a problem with windower?
By Lariae 2018-01-31 19:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

https://imgur.com/uE9uUbJ

Got em! Thanks for the tips guys!
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-01-31 20:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
https://imgur.com/uE9uUbJ

Got em! Thanks for the tips guys!

Gratz on Dacnomania! Use it with Souleater and you never lose HP! Pretty indestuctable!
By kishr 2018-01-31 22:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

unload gearswap before spamming, prevents spamming on wrong gearset and also let you spam faster.
By Nocki 2018-02-01 00:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
So with Windower it seems the lowest I can get time between blood pacts is 1.75 seconds, if i try 1.5 it doesn't register the second one.

Is this just lag or a problem with windower?

Not related to windower, the game literally doesn't register job ability commands that are faster than 1 second apart, and there's a .5 second animation for actually using a BP. I tested to make a perfect macro with apogee > BP x2 and the fastest I could get it without ever dropping a BP was 1.6
By Staleyx 2018-02-01 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on the win. I would think with bolster torp he shouldn't be worried with acc. I know albumen can be evasive and I plan on using af3 feet on him.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-02-01 12:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I would only use AF+3 feet as an absolute last resort for accuracy. Generally my solution when I need accuracy is changing from Akamochi to Shiromochi. The attack from Akamochi is awesome for casual situations, but when you've got Bolstered Frailty, Dia2, and Garland of Bliss up then odds are you're not getting that much benefit from it anymore when compared to the extra BP Dmg from Apogee Pumps +1 or Pet:DA from Helios Boots.

Another thing I'd recommend looking at is your vorseals, particularly the acc++ ones from Quetz. You'll want at least 5 for the higher level content. I have 8, and sometimes I still use Shiromochi (not on WoC usually, but I do on Reisen T4s).