Ok, What's The New Dupe Trick.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
By tyalangan 2018-02-08 16:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Anyone with half a brain will make 40 millions easily through selling junk to an NPC, withing a couple of hours solo, and in less than an hour multiboxing.

20 million an hour solo any hour or day of the week. So, this is not during EXP RoE only or that would be stated. I mean, even pumping and dumping at an absurd rate (say you have the entire camp to yourself and non-stop aoe killing) that would be, like, 8 million max? 4 trips back-and-forth to Zitah or Reisen with an addon or plugin buying all shields/prism at once and selling it all to NPC at once, which to my knowledge would mean a completely empty inventory for the prisms?, would be 2 million a trip.

So, my entire server must have half a brain because that is all anyone does and that is not half what you are claiming any pleb could make from NPCing trash items. I am not saying you are wrong just stating that if it was that obvious that a halfwit could figure it out I feel it would be known. Halfwits are not the smartest and would have spread such an easy discovery.
---
I am just mad I cannot do it and I am rambling...
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 16:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The max you can make in an hour (per account) is like 6m without relying on luck ie; merc/craft

More realistically its like 4m. That's doing aoe exactly 500 damage on 20+ puks then healing them with wind until you cap. even that i don't think is possible to cap in 12 minutes + travel/sell time.

Gain-Money is a whole different thing though.

10 Blizzaga + 1 Aeroga ~ 11k gil.... 1000 Blizzaga to cap sparks (I believe is still the fastest way possible to cap sparks)

(ambuscade you can make... 20m an hour, but limited amount of times)
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-02-08 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this explain the dupe? Just ran past this 5 minutes ago on Asura Body/Neck Slot
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 18:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(I believe is still the fastest way possible to cap sparks)
saw a jp using low level daggers vs dimzugrub (magian oa2-4 and rapidus sax), betting that is faster.. it didn't seem to be dying anytime soon when i ran by
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 18:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
(I believe is still the fastest way possible to cap sparks)
saw a jp using low level daggers vs dimzugrub (magian oa2-4 and rapidus sax), betting that is faster.. it didn't seem to be dying anytime soon when i ran by

Not even close, tried it

BLM Aoe to cap is about.... 40 minutes (maybe less, not really sure maximum speed)

THF afk 500 @ Dimz only gets 70000 sparks in an hour

Blizzaga @ 20 mobs takes <30 seconds to hit 200 x 500 damages

Can't do 200 melee swings in 30 seconds (even with a kclub)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 18:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

300 delay (sirocco + rapidus) * .2 = 50, average ~5 attacks/round, 10/60 per swing, vs ~3.9 seconds per blizzaga when factoring every 10th cast needs to be aeroga

you get 23.4 swings per blizzaga, would depend how many repops you need to cap and if any debuffs land

definitely wouldn't be close with slower weapons
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 18:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapidus also will not do 500 damage a swing, base damage I found minimum needs to be 60~

Dimgruzub/adds also spam stun and it lands quite often interestingly enough.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 18:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I had filters on to check if that THF was doing 500, but my bet is she was or she wouldn't have been there doing that.

Bg-wiki says it takes 10x damage, a 1h weapon has a cap of 3.25 ratio, to ensure all hits are 500+ let's use 3.0

500 / 10 = 50 / 3 = 16.667, a dmg:9 weapon can do 500 damage vs him unless wiki is also incorrect

for what it's worth, that math for 30 seconds results in 180 swings, so yea.. definitely sounds close to me, and you can't be screwed with like at puks
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 18:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and did it , multiple times looking for the best setup I could get.

Non critical hits, even with dia3 couldn't break 500 damage. (the objective being to hit 500 every single time)

Tried every dagger that you can buy with sparks

Have to use Forefront/Blitto as minimums, and use of Qultada means he takes 10% of Dims health meaning you have to spend more time popping and less time killing

... You could take a GEO/Bard/COR player, but then you're getting half the sparks per hour since you're wasting a player whos just standing there getting no sparks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-08 19:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. Will stop shitting up the thread and let it return to ... whatever it is.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 19:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It is what it is, ***either way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-08 20:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Does this explain the dupe? Just ran past this 5 minutes ago on Asura Body/Neck Slot

Ok so this is still a thing now huh? It doesn't explain the influx of dynamis currency nor linens, since those aren't crafted. Using Shields on your feet is another exploit that is not new.
By tyalangan 2018-02-08 20:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried every dagger that you can buy with sparks
Have to use Forefront/Blitto as minimums, and use of Qultada means he takes 10% of Dims health meaning you have to spend more time popping and less time killing

Just to add weight to this statement. I used to do this, literally, every day and Forefront/Blitto is the only combo I could get consistent 500 damage/hit without going under 500.

However, the main factor isn't the speed. It's that this method can't be continued indefinitely. If you run out of voidstones you have to buy more dust which takes away from the profit. Not to mention it's not even remotely close to the 40 million an hour claimed earlier.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-08 20:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did you take that estimation seriously? You can't make that kind of money that quickly without cheating.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-02-08 22:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

I thought that got patched some time ago but if it still works somehow and they can replicate XX escutcheon in all slots, that could explain why some people have 70 jinxed wristbands or other ppl can put 20 jinxed jackets lol
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2018-02-08 23:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What is with the "suspicious" and "fishy" stuff in this thread? Is Asura the only server with plenty of obvious bots that seem to never get banned? Why wouldn't that be extended to crafting shields and currency farming and whatever else anyone can figure out how to automate. <- See the lack of a question mark there? That's because it isn't a question.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 01:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Finbar said: »
What is with the "suspicious" and "fishy" stuff in this thread? Is Asura the only server with plenty of obvious bots that seem to never get banned? Why wouldn't that be extended to crafting shields and currency farming and whatever else anyone can figure out how to automate. <- See the lack of a question mark there? That's because it isn't a question.

They may actually be working on the shield farming automation right now. They said recently in a JP devpost that they are looking at adjusting pop/drop rates for the related mobs/items in order to lower the difficulty. I'm expecting some form of enforcement after that's done and in-game.
By pchan 2018-02-09 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

20M in a few days not in an hour b/c ***doesn't sell since you are selling the same ***as about half of the server population.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 18:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

20M in a few days not in an hour b/c ***doesn't sell since you are selling the same ***as about half of the server population.

I've done it literally every month since it started and never held any item thats sellable more than a day.

Alex plates cinder dross bayld
By emiledge 2018-02-09 19:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does SE even care anymore about people using hacks on a 15 year old game that is half dead? I mean I see people using the speed hack all the time and not even trying to hide it, people cuss like crazy in shouts and argue especially on Asura and RMT are always offering services. I mean at this point I think SE is just glad to have a profit on the game if they start banning accounts at this late stage in the game they risk losing money or players with like 10 mules that leave pissed cuss they got banned. And I truly could give a ***what cheats people use as long as it does not hurt me in anyway.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-02-09 19:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

emiledge said: »
Does SE even care anymore about people using hacks on a 15 year old game that is half dead? I mean I see people using the speed hack all the time and not even trying to hide it, people cuss like crazy in shouts and argue especially on Asura and RMT are always offering services. I mean at this point I think SE is just glad to have a profit on the game if they start banning accounts at this late stage in the game they risk losing money or players with like 10 mules that leave pissed cuss they got banned. And I truly could give a ***what cheats people use as long as it does not hurt me in anyway.

This exact same thought was held until February of 2015 when there was a mass ban. Don't worry, SE will want to release a big game update with new content... and they'll mass ban anyone who has cheated or duped. They know whoever they ban will eventually come back and buy a full new game to do so. Which is more money in the end for them. win/win from SE's point of view.
By fonewear 2018-02-09 19:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-02-09 20:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »

This exact same thought was held until February of 2015 when there was a mass ban. Don't worry, SE will want to release a big game update with new content... and they'll mass ban anyone who has cheated or duped. They know whoever they ban will eventually come back and buy a full new game to do so. Which is more money in the end for them. win/win from SE's point of view.
Lmbo if you think there will ever be a major release for this game again
By emiledge 2018-02-09 20:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyushi dude please stop smoking the crack pipe! SE is never going to give this game another major release they hardly want to give us the little scraps they give us every month! Now maybe the mobile edition will make things interesting the mobile version will be a stand alone game not tied to the PC version.