2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Vagary - Spawning Plouton
Vagary - Spawning Plouton
By Fyrestorm 2017-12-29 05:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi!

We've been farming Vagary for a while, and managed to successfully pop both Perf and Plou every time.

However, we're not sure on the "Magic Damage" specs to spawn Plouton. We manage to get it, but it's very erratic.

We pop Perf first.

Sch uses Tab to get both SC procs on first elemental.
Then go 5/5 for Magic Burst kills.
Then 5/5 for opposite element kills.
-Perf pops-

We then do the MB without killing 5/5.

But after this, we can kill with magic damage and varies wildly as to when it pops.

Does anyone know exactly what the "Kill with magic damage" trigger consists of?

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Vadian
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2017-12-29 06:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In Duskbrood Gate, Plouton may be spawned by doing the following three things, each of which will give a message to the person that used their Prototype sigil pearl to enter the zone:

On elementals, perform skillchains and magic burst without killing them five times.
The magic burst needs to be do roughly 5k damage or greater, so you'll want to do skillchain/magic burst on 5 elementals to achieve this.
Perform a 6-step skillchain on elementals.
e.g. A Samurai with Soboro Sukehiro/Norifusa/+1 can do Tachi: Jinpu six times.
e.g. Aeolian Edge six times.
e.g. A Scholar using Tabula Rasa > Immanence > Stone > Immanence > Aero > Immanence > Stone > Immanence > Aero > Immanence > Stone > Immanence > Aero
Kill five or more elementals with magic damage.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-29 06:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't the question. OP wants to know what determines how many mobs you have to kill for the third listed requirement.

Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Frankly, I'm a bit curious too. It hasn't been any manner of consistant for me, even if I do it first and use the same nuke on every mob out the gate it shows up at a different time.

Obviously, as far as practicality goes, you can just do that requirement first if you're concerned about when it pops. Would be nice to know, though.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-29 07:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It can take quite a few kills (10+)

You can clear MB kill/no kill concurrently btw.
By Fyrestorm 2017-12-29 07:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That wasn't the question. OP wants to know what determines how many mobs you have to kill for the third listed requirement.

Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Frankly, I'm a bit curious too. It hasn't been any manner of consistant for me, even if I do it first and use the same nuke on every mob out the gate it shows up at a different time.

Obviously, as far as practicality goes, you can just do that requirement first if you're concerned about when it pops. Would be nice to know, though.

Yeah, just seems random. We try and kill with T4-T5 for about 6-8k damage to fall in line with other triggers. Is it just kill with any magic damage? Figured there might be a specific amount/element etc to use. But can't find it anywhere.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-29 07:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I always throw up malaise and clear the fire elementals with water5 then the ice elementals with fire5. Usually get it 10-12 mobs in, always one shot them. Really don't know what the requirement is.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-12-29 07:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother with only T4-T5. Anything works

We generaly do the 6 steps objective on the first fire elemental, get the first KI with the rest of the fire ele, then I AOE the ice ele group and get the second KI

We then can finish up with the MBurst objective in the big room, pulling earth elementals.
By Fyrestorm 2017-12-29 08:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, guess it's just nuke stuff until it pops.

Shiva.Arislan said: »
You can clear MB kill/no kill concurrently btw.

Also, never thought of this o; Makes a lot more sense and saves a fair bit of time. Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-14 09:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did about 8 runs yesterday, was so fed up with this. I usually have no problem getting them to pop. I kept getting the first two messages, and I could never ever get the third all the way to the first NM.

Water to fire elemental, fire to ice elemental, 6 step, then 5 burst; aero II on earth elemental.

What the hell am I missing, or is this broken?

(Edit: Also went so far as to just nuking wind, as well as thunder and still never popped.

MB were doing about 6-7k
Nukes about 17-20k
By Pantafernando 2018-03-14 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you killing the adds with the burst?

Considering the information given, it seems you complete the kill X mobs with magic and the 6 steps just missing the 5 bursts without kill.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-14 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Definitely not broken. We just popped Plout 4x.

Your procedure seems a bit inefficient, and could lead you to not knowing which upgrade you're missing.

1) Do 6-step on the very first Fire Elemental in the zone. Stone > Aero > Stone > Aero > Stone > Water > MB kill it with Water. This will clear both Perf and Plout SC requirements, and give you 1/5 toward MB-kill for Perf.

2) Clear out the rest of the Fire Elementals w/ T4-6 Water nukes. This almost always gives you the kill-by-element upgrade for Perf, and most of the time gives you the Plout one as well. The amount of damage really doesn't matter. We usually one-shot them and still get the upgrade.

3) Do MB-kill and MB-no-kill concurrently on the Ice Elementals. Liquefaction > 5k+ Fire MB > Kill-shot Fire MB. After four of these, Perf should pop.

4) Do one last MB-no-kill and Plout should pop. If he doesn't, clear out the rest of the Ice and Earth Elementals with T4-6 Fire and Wind magic respectively.

This is our fool-proof method. You won't ever end up running around the zone SC/kill endlessly, not realizing you actually didn't get the 6-step upgrade when you thought you did, since you did 6SC first and confirmed the upgrades.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-14 12:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Are you killing the adds with the burst?

Considering the information given, it seems you complete the kill X mobs with magic and the 6 steps just missing the 5 bursts without kill.

Doing 5 Burst with out killing on Earths.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-14 12:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your procedure seems a bit inefficient, and could lead you to not knowing which upgrade you're missing.

1) Do 6-step on the very first Fire Elemental in the zone. Stone > Aero > Stone > Aero > Stone > Water > MB kill it with Water. This will clear both Perf and Plout SC requirements, and give you 1/5 toward MB-kill for Perf.

2) Clear out the rest of the Fire Elementals w/ T4-6 Water nukes. This almost always gives you the kill-by-element upgrade for Perf, and most of the time gives you the Plout one as well. The amount of damage really doesn't matter. We usually one-shot them and still get the upgrade.

3) Do MB-kill and MB-no-kill concurrently on the Ice Elementals. Liquefaction > 5k+ Fire MB > Kill-shot Fire MB. After four of these, Perf should pop.

4) Do one last MB-no-kill and Plout should pop. If he doesn't, clear out the rest of the Ice and Earth Elementals with T4-6 Fire and Wind magic respectively.

This is our fool-proof method. You won't ever end up running around the zone SC/kill endlessly, not realizing you actually didn't get the 6-step upgrade when you thought you did, since you did 6SC first and confirmed the upgrades.

I dont have Perf. KI - Just Plouton, so I was only targeting it specifically.

6 step by far being the easiest to do, I even manage to do on BLU. Its the magic one that will not trigger at all. Always get 2nd message doing MB on earths (aero for 6-7k no kills).
Thanks for heads up, and info.

Ill test when I have some more free time. I burnt on it from yesterday, it was over and over and over, not getting the last message. (KI If I am not mistaken must be Proto of the false king to pop). Assuming that info is correct as I am getting the messages...
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 13:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this again today: 6 step on first mob, MB Message on ice, all the way to wind, and no plouton.

Do you have to kill perf, to spawn plouton in same zone? I could have sworn you didnt.
By hobo 2018-03-19 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope you can kill one and then come back to kill the other. You already confirmed you have False King proto, assuming no one is dying, that means there is a disconnect somewhere.

You said you did six step and got message, then did the 5 magic bursts without killing and got message? So you are not seeing the 3rd message of killing elementals with magic damage?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 13:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
Nope you can kill one and then come back to kill the other. You already confirmed you have False King proto, assuming no one is dying, that means there is a disconnect somewhere.

You said you did six step and got message, then did the 5 magic bursts without killing and got message? So you are not seeing the 3rd message of killing elementals with magic damage?

Correct, no matter what I do. I actually have all KI, I cant even farm anymore until I kill him.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From top to bottom:
Using GEO -

[6 Step] -> Jinpu until message: Pause
**Message one appears**
[MA Kill] with water IV
[MA Kill] all the rest of the Fire Elementals with Water 4/5.
[SC no/Kill] Ice (w/Fire II) - Kagero > Goten: Then finish with Fire V
**Message two appears**
Run around a nuke all the elementals with the opposing element until time runs out.

Third message where are you, ya ***...
By Nocki 2018-03-19 14:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

After running this easily several hundred times at this point, I've noticed that there is some correlation to "magic kills" and time. The trigger might not actually be magic kills but it might instead be kill x # of mobs in y time, and the number of mobs increases as time passes. I have killed all fire elementals with water 4/5 or aoe if there's 3+ in a room and then I always go into the group of ice elementals and kill them all with fira III (indi-malaise > walk into the middle of them all > sleepga > geoacumen > fira3).

I guess an easy way to test my theory would be to enter, then just stand around for 15 minutes and see if my method still works. Also, I kill all the ice elementals, but you only need to kill 3 so that the total is 12 if you do it in a timely manner.
By Brynach 2018-03-19 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried changing the order? Maybe try doing all the magic kills first, then do the 6sc then finish with mb. May not make any difference, maybe it will. Id be interested in knowing either way.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
After running this easily several hundred times at this point, I've noticed that there is some correlation to "magic kills" and time. The trigger might not actually be magic kills but it might instead be kill x # of mobs in y time, and the number of mobs increases as time passes. I have killed all fire elementals with water 4/5 or aoe if there's 3+ in a room and then I always go into the group of ice elementals and kill them all with fira III (indi-malaise > walk into the middle of them all > sleepga > geoacumen > fira3).

I guess an easy way to test my theory would be to enter, then just stand around for 15 minutes and see if my method still works. Also, I kill all the ice elementals, but you only need to kill 3 so that the total is 12 if you do it in a timely manner.

Yeah there has to be something. Just used my mule to try and pop perf, and said screw it. I had zero issues. Popped and kill in no time whatsoever.

I have also tried using AOE-Fira for kills to count and notta.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 15:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »
Have you tried changing the order? Maybe try doing all the magic kills first, then do the 6sc then finish with mb. May not make any difference, maybe it will. Id be interested in knowing either way.

Im honestly thinking about destroying my pop to re-farm another thinking that it is bugged some how...

I have tried this.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-19 16:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Im honestly thinking about destroying my pop to re-farm another thinking that it is bugged some how...

I have tried this.

If others can take in the alliance and pop them then your KI's are bugged. It has happened to our group not too long ago where even with SCH SP used we could never get the message to appear for the 6-step. If others can pop the bosses, then just consider yours bugged; destroy it and make a new one.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 16:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »

I have tried this.

If others can take in the alliance and pop them then your KI's are bugged. It has happened to our group not too long ago where even with SCH SP used we could never get the message to appear for the 6-step. If others can pop the bosses, then just consider yours bugged; destroy it and make a new one.

About to test now, just gonna enter and go spam nukes to see if I can get magic kill message.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-19 17:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it was glitched as I got it on first try on mule as leader before leaving fire elementals....

Just using water4/5 with malaise.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-20 00:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It all paid off, made my Staunch Tathlum +1 1/1 lol...

Thanks everyone for helping me figure that out!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-20 04:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

edit:
iSuck
[+]