T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-11-01 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vinipata dies really fast to melee zerg. Schah is a lot messier but 30mins is plenty of time to rebuff after the adds if needed.

Takes a lot of Carols though. I'd recommend 2 4-song bards if you want to go the melee DD route on Vinipata/Schah/Albumen.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-01 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We've never used 8 songs on Albumen. 4 rolls/5 songs is a much better mix imo.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-01 16:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Let us borrow your multple 4-song BRDs and your pocket Yagrush WHMs and we'll agree with you that everything is easy

*^-^*
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-01 16:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

make them yourself you lazy ***

(this was sarcasm in case someone has a *** melty)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-01 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't use frazzle on zerde either, if you use proper buffs you only need frazzle OR threnody, not both.

Frazzle is for my stuns since I'm also stunning, the threnody is fire for the BLMs.

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Let us borrow your multple 4-song BRDs and your pocket Yagrush WHMs and we'll agree with you that everything is easy

*^-^*

And their automated scripts and botting tools. From people who swear they don't use masses of support mules.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-01 17:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're aware people can do buffs and then change to their main job right? Our BRD+WHM do rolls on COR, a GEO does Crystal Blessing and then they come back on their main jobs.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-01 17:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need Frazzle for Zerde. We've never used it once. BLM can do ES Stun at the start and you'll have two more stuns from a GEO/BLM using ES + Super Revit. It should be dead by the end of this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-01 17:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Really appreciate all of the feedback everyone. I'm not ready to go through it all yet to decide the way we will go, but I should have time during the weekend to get a plan for our group.

Also I'd appreciate it further if this doesn't devolve in to bashing others for not playing the way you play. Any strategies devised by players who use excessive amounts of third party tools (scripts/bots etc) should be highlighted as such.

Please remember these are strategies for groups trying T4s for the first time, so we may not be supremely decked out in HQs and have every Ultimate Weapon under the sun available. It's cool to see strategies that don't just throw a bunch of Nirvana Summoners at the wall. Cheers!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 17:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Really appreciate all of the feedback everyone. I'm not ready to go through it all yet to decide the way we will go, but I should have time during the weekend to get a plan for our group.

Also I'd appreciate it further if this doesn't devolve in to bashing others for not playing the way you play. Any strategies devised by players who use excessive amounts of third party tools (scripts/bots etc) should be highlighted as such.

Please remember these are strategies for groups trying T4s for the first time, so we may not be supremely decked out in HQs and have every Ultimate Weapon under the sun available. It's cool to see strategies that don't just throw a bunch of Nirvana Summoners at the wall. Cheers!

Give it time ! Every thread on FFXI ends with I'm right you are wrong ! Or someone will find that their setup does 0.1% more dmg so you must use that setup.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-01 17:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said yesterday to my LS .. a win's a win. We haven't exactly rushed to get here lol.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 17:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said yesterday to my LS .. a win's a win. We haven't exactly rushed to get here lol.

You aren't alone people tend to forget that not everyone has all aeonic weapons. And all they have left to do is merc...
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-01 17:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Real talk though, assuming you aren't fully decked out your best bet of winning your first round is:

Zerde - BLM
Teles - THF zerg
Onycho - Melee (no SC)
Erinys - THF no-engage
Vinipata - Probably RNG unless you can replicate Comeatmebro's BLM results
Schah - Very likely RNG
Albumen - Melee...?

At most, the only ultimate weapons you'll need are some Annihilators, and then a single Carnwenhan (not necessary but IMMENSELY helpful for Vinipata), Daurdabla, Ghorn, Aegis. At least one Idris would be great too but probably not necessary. Granted, if you are doing T4s you should at least have some good gear/weapons at your disposal utilized in a meaningful manner.

I know people say to take the RNG/BLM route, but as long as you can kill Albumen in <4 minutes it should be way easier. Bolster Vex + Attune are insanely powerful for resisting ailments and sleeps can be annoying to deal with if you don't have an experienced BRD. If you have a Warrior at your disposal then zergs are a very effective means at taking Albumen down quick.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-01 17:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You aren't alone people tend to forget that not everyone has all aeonic weapons. And all they have left to do is merc...

I'm glad it took us longer. New content coming soon, so we'll have a good mix of Geas Fete, Omen, Dynamis v2, Ambuscade, and anything else we feel like doing. Feels good knowing we always have something to do.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 17:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I'm glad it took us longer. New content coming soon, so we'll have a good mix of Geas Fete, Omen, Dynamis v2, Ambuscade, and anything else we feel like doing. Feels good knowing we always have something to do.

Slightly off topic but our biggest problem is probably same as yours. We struggle to get enough people with the right jobs to do aeonic. It isn't that we can't do it. It is a lack of people/server population etc...
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-11-01 18:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-aeonic Last Stand works for SW too. Even without using Trueflight during stone mode. Gonna have to try that out when it's being stubborn.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-01 19:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Will note that I never said BLM vinipata is the 'best', just that it works and isn't particularly difficult. It is the best for me, I can't match my BLM killspeed on RNG and melee seems like more hassle, but that may not be the case for everyone.

Most of these NMs can be killed using melee, BLMs, or RNGs.. while there is clearly a bias toward certain setups on some of them, don't put the cart before the horse. If your group has practice and gear on BLMs, try that first. If they have practice and gear on RNGs, give it a shot. The fights are pretty balanced in terms of setup viability, and if you have the required level of gear and organization none are that difficult.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-01 19:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that Zerde isn't fast regardless, but you can potentially speed that up by incorporating a RNG like you would on Kei.
By maxiel 2017-11-01 22:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been researching these strategies in various threads, but I want us to make some things clear.

A few people said they've done the NMs with non-Yagrush WHM, 900 Dunna GEO and even a BRD without Carn or Daurdabla. Now to what extent have people had this with melee set-ups? I can see these being doable to BLM and RNG strats because they're safer.

To clarify, I'm not saying it's a scenario with all 3 of these "gimped" jobs. I'm saying it in the perspective of what I can offer. I'm a returning player and have been focusing my time on gearing myself on the other 15 slots rather than aiming for the ultimate weapons on WHM, GEO or BRD.

I've also always enjoyed melee set-ups more, because its more engaging and interactive. There's a lot more than staring at 1-2 tanky jobs or the duration of my buffs. With all that being said, am I a lost cause to melee strategies?

I've always had good reaction speed and I'm building solid -DT gear/fast cast/meva etc gear with these 3 jobs. If that's not enough and I really need those ultimate weapons for melee burns, then you can spare me the moments of looking like an ***.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-01 22:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagrush, Carn, Daurdabla are all strictly optional and none should ever be the defining factor in a win or loss for a competent group doing T4.

Marsyas for melee setups and Idris for all setups can and reasonably should be the difference between a win and a loss for many groups. This isn't to say that you can't win without them, but a group would be foolish to not exhaust all options in fitting someone who does have them on that role.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-03 21:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I found time to read through everyone's strategies and watch some videos. I've got a better idea of how we can set up with who we have available; although I know we'll need some practice. Really appreciate all the testimonials from players here, and in private messages as well.

Some of our members have experienced T4s before, but I haven't, so as the leader I always feel the need to overprepare and leave no stone unturned. Arislan's strategies are nicely written, and I'll definitely be running my players through all the sordid details. It's been a lot of work for my Linkshell to reach this stage, so I'll say on their behalf we're just happy to make it this far. We'll do our best.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-07 19:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed the sandworm today, but had some issues with Teles. We tried killing it down quick, but didn't quite work out. We didn't use THFs, and I'm wondering if anyone can expand on this strategy. I'm also curious to know if people prefer a pup or pld tank for the fight. Cheers.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-07 20:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

THFs work well because piercing damage and Larceny (guaranteed SP removal.) We use RUN tank. You should also be using fade to reduce its magic damage.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-07 20:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's two reasons to bring THF(s):

1) Larceny Invincible to remove the 300/tick Dia aura (or Soul Voice if needed),
2) Close Darkness/Umbra chains with Rudra's Storm.

Set up a 3-4 step skillchain. If your THF (DNC is also great) and buffs are solid, then you can take off more than 20% HP per chain, which allows you to skip over some of Teles' SP phases entirely.

Something like: Mandalic Stab > Evisceration > Rudra's Storm > Rudra's Storm

WS-Spam can work, but it takes longer, is more dangerous, and the last 10% usually takes forever and a day.

PUP tank is the best (charm-immune), but a PLD alternating Charm Buffer and Fealty during Soul Voices, or a RUN w/ very good meva/light-resistance gear + Pflug should work fine too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-07 20:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what your clear times are like but WS spamming works fine. Even with just 3 THFs we clear it in about a minute.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-07 20:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we tried the quick zerg method to bypass stuff, but it's usually the dia aura which would get us. Usually it's too late to tell anyone to run out, so having a THF to larceny it right off would save lives.

I think we were killing it too quick for what we could handle using heavy DD. We did have a torc > leaden skillchain (WAR with ground strike) to do darkness, but we didn't have enfeebs and our GEO couldn't dispel it. I think we lacked the THFs utility, tried to kill it too quick, and didn't have the debuffs to make it more manageable.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-07 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP tank is the best (charm-immune), but a PLD alternating Charm Buffer and Fealty during Soul Voices, or a RUN w/ very good meva/light-resistance gear + Pflug should work fine too.
Most of the info here is good, but I'd point out that fealty doesn't block maiden's virelai so it shouldn't be relied on. If you can't get a PUP tank, use two tanks.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-07 20:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the info here is good, but I'd point out that fealty doesn't block maiden's virelai so it shouldn't be relied on. If you can't get a PUP tank, use two tanks.

Luckily we do have a PUP tank. We tried both PLD and PUP tonight, but it seemed problematic. Also the pup found it hard to stay alive at times. How far do you need to be to get out of harms way realistically? Or just don't and stand in -dt?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-07 20:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How far do you need to get to be out of harms way realistically? Or just don't and stand in -dt?
If you use a height difference, such as tanking teles at the bottom of the hill at #2 and keeping everyone at the top of the hill, being at 20' will be sufficient to avoid everything except Dia aura during invincible. Dia aura is something like 50', there's no point running from it, you need to larceny or cure through. Without a height difference, the range of clarsarch call is 25+.. not sure exact.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-07 20:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How far do you need to get to be out of harms way realistically? Or just don't and stand in -dt?
If you use a height difference, such as tanking teles at the bottom of the hill at #2 and keeping everyone at the top of the hill, being at 20' will be sufficient to avoid everything except Dia aura during invincible. Dia aura is something like 50', there's no point running from it, you need to larceny or cure through. Without a height difference, the range of clarsarch call is 25+.. not sure exact.

Wow it's that long.. jeez. So steal it or deal with it.

Would there be a way to involve the Corsair in the 4-step? We have a DP corsair who just loves to Leaden. Edit: Nevermind, my friend suggested Evis > Dancing > Leaden > Rudras.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-07 20:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Dia aura is something around 35-40. It is possible to out range, but unless you're already 20+, most of the damage will be done by the time you make any meaningful ground.

FWIW, mobs all use 3D distance for calculations whereas the distance addon shows you 2D, so we could probably figure specifics out pretty easily if we wanted.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14