Win10 Fall update
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-10-22 05:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the multibox issue was not Win10 specific, it affected all operating systems. So he should be good.
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2017-10-22 05:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

also now since the update the multi boxing is working now but now when i run as admin my whole computer stutters and almost wants to freeze up until pol loads
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-10-22 05:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

But it works fine if you run it normally, not as admin? Or why did you mention that?
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2017-10-22 06:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well just tried it normal and when you go from windower screen to pol it causes my computer to stutter now until pol is loaded
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-10-22 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It works,except for the massive stuttering when loading. Chickenfrog sounds exceptionally disturbing on Discord when that happens. lol
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-10-22 12:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the lag/stutter also happen with the previous hook? The one that fixed the FCU issue but broke multiboxing?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-22 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For people having lag/stutter issues, try to temporarily disable Findall and see if that improves.
If you find out Findall is the culprit, simply delete its internal xml database and rebuild it from zero, and your stutter/lag issues will be gone (for a while, at least)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-10-22 12:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
For people having lag/stutter issues, try to temporarily disable Findall and see if that improves.
If you find out Findall is the culprit, simply delete its internal xml database and rebuild it from zero, and your stutter/lag issues will be gone (for a while, at least)

It sounds to me like they're talking about a lag while the Windower launcher is up, before POL starts.
[+]
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2017-10-22 15:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

in the previous version never lagged like that before like everything like wants to crash when i try to load my mouse speed because like 10x slow and i cant click on anything until pol is closed
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-10-22 15:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No FFXI Issues.

But DGVoodoo Config, and a couple of game trainers got marked as Trojans. It was pretty annoying having to make Win10 ignore them.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-10-22 16:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your hard work, Arcon! ^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-10-22 18:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just updated to 1709 on my laptop to test the update to Windower before allowing my other computers to update.

When I launch Windower, it takes almost a minute to load. The first time I tried it, it actually took so long to give any indication that it was launching that I opened task manager to see what was happening. Sure enough, it showed it was working in the background, but it took over a minute to load.

Once it finishes launching and get's to the profiles page, everything works fine. It launches POL fine and the game works as expected. So not a huge deal, but probably worth looking into eventually.

FWIW, It's a pretty solid ASUS ROG laptop. Windower usually usually launches instantly.

Also, thank you guys for all the work you put in to this stuff.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2017-10-22 22:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not a fix (it disables multiboxing), but I'd like some info to confirm, so can the people experiencing the stutter/lag issue please check if this version fixes the system lag for them?

Live:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoKw6NwZZyZzlQqxDximOL93uVWl

Dev:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoKw6NwZZyZzlQlrTOQTLCFDXHtX

Please make sure to copy the entire link, FFXIAH doesn't mark the links correctly.