How much for: Aeonic Merc? [Quetz]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-08-31 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

So, A LOT of other servers seem to be selling aeonic clears. Prices seem to be ranging depending on many variables from: Who's paying for pop, who's getting drops, how many NMs you need, etc.

I'm in a situation whereas I'm stranded on the Reisenjima HELMs, with no means of beating them. I am not aware of any active English-speaking static Aeonic shell on my server, other than a few that are very much so low-man/friends 'only' groups that distain outsiders. I attempted to form a shell for Aeonic clears a few weeks ago, but one of the problems I faced was the serious lack of end-game players on my server. So I'm rather uncertain about the end result of said shell. This also means that /yell parties do not work, or at least in my experience; as the parties have always failed when I have attempted the fights.

I have also noticed that on some posts, people were asking for about 220m/full Aeonic clear. And then about 25m/per Reinsenjima HELM clear if bought individually.
That price for HELMs seems ridiculous to me; if I paid for all the HELMs that way I would owe 175m, and might as well pay for a full Aeonic at that point.

Anyway, I was wondering what the general concensus for pricing on these clears would be in my case, whereas:
I will pay/have all Reinsenjima HELM pops,
I do not want any of the drops from the NMs,
Just want the HELM clears and NO other NMs,
I have Job Point master Drg, Geo [Idris], Bst, Sch, Blm, and a recently geared Run.

Thank you,
Senaki.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-31 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand where you're coming from. A friend of mine on Cerb is experiencing that same set of circumstances - more or less. The single small group of people who have finally started clearing Aeonics on that server (NA/EU) are keeping things close to the chest with regards to who all is in their group.

That being said, it's well within your right to question or refuse prices set by other communities, but keep in mind that people pay what they feel is worth with regards to Aeonics. Some are on a budget and want the cheapest possible deal while others don't seem to have a problem with gil and just want their weapon finished.

Another thing to consider is that some LS's finish Aeonic runs (Zitah to Reisenjima T4) in a single session (3-ish hours, give or take) while other LS's take a week to finish a single weapon and charge less. It's all relative to be frank. You are paying not just to have your weapon made but for the time spent by those merc'ing for you. People have lives, jobs, families and the like and therefore scheduling their game time to get you your weapon is part of the price(s) asked.

Either way, if 220M is too much for your blood, follow your gut and try to get someone to do those for you for the terms you're asking and see what comes of it. Just keep in mind that most groups who merc Aeonics don't need the help of the client whatsoever (and they shouldn't, really). In fact, often times when the client tries to help and get involved it screws up the groups' mojo.

Good luck, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-31 19:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you are sticking to your server, there is always a transfer to another one, joining a group and earning your wins.
Can see you being able to negotiate the price per NM you need for 10~15 depending on each NM (case by case)

You can also attempt to hop for a lower price, and then hop back to your server after.
By Quizzy 2017-08-31 23:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
The single small group of people who have finally started clearing Aeonics on that server (NA/EU) are keeping things close to the chest with regards to who all is in their group.

In the servers defense:

1. There is more than one group doing aeonic currently.
2. We are pretty open, and actively looking for people to participate. You just need to have a job to contribute and a general reputation of likability.
3. At this point Kylos could have multiple aeonics, but he wants to do it from scratch. This is totally fine, he helped me a ton when I came back, but it isn't like he has been excluded.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-01 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You have any Idris GEO and BLM.... while BLM strats aren't as dominant as they used to be, they still exist. And GEO is used for everything... unless your play time is horrid or your reputation is junk, you should be able to find SOMEONE on your server to join... my server (Leviathan) is very backwater, but we have 4 NA based groups doing aeonics that I'm personally aware of. And could easily be more, plus of course thr JP groups I don't personally know. Not saying Quetz is just like that, but really, it's not like you're coming to the table with mastered DNC and MNK.

*sidenote - HELMs are that much more because any experienced shell can knock out all of Zi'Tah in one radialens no matter the setup, and likely the same for all of Ru'Ann except WoC/Kirin, as well as one radialens for Reisenjima up to HELM. That's not considering the services that go even faster. But for your solid shells, 2-3 HELM is an entire event night. They require much more than entire zones require leading up to them. And lastly, competition lowers prices. Tons of people could merc your Yakshi or Maju. That lowers its value. Fewer can merc that Zerde. Meaning they have price control.

Lastly remember that Aeonic merc services include some of your server's richest and/or most heavily geared characters... they really don't need that gil, so they're not likely to bargain. If they do, it likely means they don't have customers... would you eat at a restaurant who's parking lot is always empty? Same concept.
[+]