Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Proc Mechanics
Dynamis Proc Mechanics
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-08-24 11:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I found something fascinating in the Dynamis proc system that I've never seen talked about before. I was switching between JA proc time nightmare mobs in Qufim.

I got there early and slammed JA's on a mob before realizing I was early. So I disengaged and waited. What was fascinating is that as soon as the time changed into the JA window, it proc'd with no activity.

Not that it benefits anything knowing this. Just mechanical curiosity of how the game registers procs. Is it a debuff that applies always but only activates terror/1hr dispel during a time window?

I'm just surprised SE went with something so intricate.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 11:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
I'm betting it's more of an oversight than intentional.

With the spaghetti code it uses....
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-24 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I found something fascinating in the Dynamis proc system that I've never seen talked about before. I was switching between JA proc time nightmare mobs in Qufim.

I got there early and slammed JA's on a mob before realizing I was early. So I disengaged and waited. What was fascinating is that as soon as the time changed into the JA window, it proc'd with no activity.

Not that it benefits anything knowing this. Just mechanical curiosity of how the game registers procs. Is it a debuff that applies always but only activates terror/1hr dispel during a time window?

Wow, quite the peculiar finding indeed!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-24 13:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't new or something you happened to find when no one else has .. I've known about this since way back when everyone solo farmed dynamis on BST. You could show up early, do a bunch of JAs, and wait for the time to tick over. It's been known for a very long time, and there's no reason why it works that way, but it does so you can attempt staggering before the clock ticks over. I often used it to my advantage when farming Buburimu a few years ago.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-08-24 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. I didn't claim it was something I found that no one else has found. Reading way too heavily into it, not a competition.

Probably spaghetti code. It's interesting to me that it holds on to it to activate at the right window.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Who really cares anyway?

Nice for you to point it out. Interesting to note. Probably not intended. Most likely will get people banned (hi2u Salvage) for exploiting it.

At this point, does it really matter? You are taking time from one set of mobs being proc'd to pre-proc another set of mobs. In the end, do you really gain anything?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-24 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. I didn't claim it was something I found that no one else has found. Reading way too heavily into it, not a competition.

Probably spaghetti code. It's interesting to me that it holds on to it to activate at the right window.

My bad dude! I figured this was common knowledge, but if you only recently started doing dynamis I could see why you only just found out. Happy farming!

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Who really cares anyway?

Nice for you to point it out. Interesting to note. Probably not intended. Most likely will get people banned (hi2u Salvage) for exploiting it.

At this point, does it really matter? You are taking time from one set of mobs being proc'd to pre-proc another set of mobs. In the end, do you really gain anything?

It's not an exploit. Also, you can get some time back if you moved camps too soon by preparing them for the next phase. You're not gaining .. you're just making up for lost time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 15:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did Qufim, I did the stronger Bat/Bats/Dire round. Super easy, very close together, and can net some serious coins if you go the white route.

Only time you would lose between camps would be going from single bats to tri-bats. Especially if you end the cycle at the Jeuno zone.

If you go THF, that's hardly a problem, just flee to the next camp...
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-08-24 15:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The mechanic behind it was more interesting than the action and if it can be exploited. No worries. Just sharing something I found fascinating and unexpected. Wanted to hear others experiences or someone who might know how it works but I forgot what forum I'm on lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 15:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

2/10 troll attempt. I want my money back!
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-08-24 15:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No troll bud. Just clarifying I posted it with a general curiosity and interest in how it was coded. Not if it was beneficial to Dynamis farming.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 16:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't the troll.

Wanted to hear others experiences or someone who might know how it works but I forgot what forum I'm on lol.
Come on man, you can do better than that.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-08-24 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned it because it was in hindsight an expected response. A topic about finding interest in a game mechanic somehow getting turned into how relevant is this to Dynamis farming and picked apart for the wording.

I have no interest in making this thread dramatic or offending anyone. I guess if you want, you can take me saying that as aggressive or QQ. It was more just sharing a general interest and joy in a very small insignificant older portion of the game.
By zaxtiss 2017-08-24 16:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol every thread had drama in it at some point i wouldnt worry about it. it happens
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-24 16:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
lol every thread had drama in it at some point i wouldnt worry about it. it happens
That's what makes FFXIAH so great!

I bet I can post a picture of a sandwich in it's own thread and somebody would invoke the Godwin on it.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-08-24 16:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that is true FFXIAH gets me past alot of boredum when i'm at work heh.
its also great for making me jones for xi while at work /sadface!