Old-Time Player (and Returnee) Thinking About LS

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Old-Time Player (and returnee) thinking about LS
Old-Time Player (and returnee) thinking about LS
 Sylph.Aysha
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: seryla
By Sylph.Aysha 2017-08-22 02:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I am Aysha of Sylph, and I've been wanting to explore some of FFXI's endgame.

I'm a veteran player who started playing before Promathia days, but have taken a few breaks along the way and have recently returned this past November.

I have all jobs on Lv99, though a lot of them I don't have gear for, nor do I have any experience in playing them but I am generally good at learning things, so with a little practice, I can get on to playing any of those jobs.

I only have JPs gathered for BLU (1200) and THF (~80) thusfar, with a couple here-and-there on other jobs, and my gear is mostly Ambuscade (mostly NQs) with some other stuff thrown in.

I'm looking for a more casual approach to endgame activities as I work a variable hour job IRL which would make static schedules difficult, and I'm not really planning on diving deep into the cutting-edge endgame scene, though I would not be against it once I had the gear and experience to handle it.

I'm an older player (37) who prefers a more PG-friendly environment with as little drama, foul language, or lewdness as possible.

If there are any linkshells out there who would be interested in such a person, I would be happy to talk either here through PMs here, Steam, or in-game.
By kishr 2017-08-22 04:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

go to asura and just join shouts when you feel like it.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2017-08-22 06:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »

This.

Sylph.Aysha said: »
I'm an older player (37) who prefers a more PG-friendly environment with as little drama, foul language, or lewdness as possible.

But also blist half the server because it's Asura.
By seryla 2017-08-22 07:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, I am not interested in paying the kind of money it would take to move all of my characters to Asura, and even if I did that, Asura has other problems (and not just playerbase), like long queues for Ambuscade, good XP/CP camps always being taken, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-22 09:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »

Translation: Join Asura and join shouts, with an expected fail rate of 60%.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-22 09:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But the long queues/exp camps being taken is kind of untrue. There's certainly a load of people during CP times or a good ambu month, but ordinarily, its average. The other day I did 3 ambu back to back with0 wait. Maybe it was an offday. And I can usually find a decent spot to solo capacity points in Who Gates fairly easily, and Reisenjima is great for solo time killing CP. Its not as bad as you say on that front.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-22 10:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty, I'd say for the most part players regularly doing Volume 2 VD and Volume 1 (VE on up) have a decent idea how the mechanics for both Ambuscades work (whether they win or not).

I too can vouch that the lines this month haven't been bad at all. This could be due to the fact that Volume 1 blows chunks if you get either a) Bad group or b) Good group with bad luck (ie the DD's get one-shot by the MNK mobs). Other than that, it's not too bad.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-22 11:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The lines aren't bad this month because nobody is touching V1 for any extended break of time. We have 10+ seals waiting for the return of Frogs next month <3
[+]
By seryla 2017-08-22 11:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
How many playonline accounts do you run?

There are two POL accounts between a family member and myself and a total of 12 characters, so eh... yeah far more hassle than I'd really want to go through in moving all of them.

And yeah, Ambuscade this month has a lot less traffic even on Sylph. Nobody's doing it because it sucks. Vol2 is unpredictable and difficult to solo where the boss just randomly kills trusts after resetting hate, Vol1 is just annoying... wish they'd give us the previous month back.

Post deleted by User.
By Azurea 2017-08-22 12:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

$18 to move both accounts and all characters over to Asura, worth it IMO for a better "quality of life".

Post deleted by User.
[+]