Good Recipe Sites And Guides For Smiting

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Good recipe sites and guides for smiting
Good recipe sites and guides for smiting
 Phoenix.Wayako
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2009-09-29 10:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

While not a full time crafter I occasionally get the urge to skill up and improve on my artisanship. As it so happens I seem to be phasing into a yearning for smithing. It has been months since I last crafted and alas I lost all my crafting bookmarks when my laptop last fried: which brings me to the meaning of this post.

I was wondering if any experienced crafters could point me in the direction of some good recipe sites and/or guides. I prefer recipe sites because I like the see the options I have for skilling, but guides or just advice from crafters is helpful as well to compare to and point me in the direction of the best items to skill on.

EDIT: Typo fixed XD Ty for pointing that out, forgot an h in smithing. Well actually for some reason firefox did a red line under the word when I typed it and I out of habit right clicked it to the suggested spelling...which was smiting. >.<
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-29 10:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I was going to link you to the youtube video of Jim Carey saying "Smite me oh mighty smiter!" from Bruce Almighty, and it was going to be funny, but apparently it isn't on youtube ; ;

Anyway, the recipes section on FFXIAH is actually one of the best sources you'll find for recipes. There's no one site that will do all your homework for you, so you'll often have to cross reference FFXIAH with wiki, and there are even some recipes that aren't on here, but if you're only going to 60 it's really not hard to find the best recipes.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-29 10:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just look through the recipes and decide for yourself based on other crafting skills. Most "guides" fail pretty hard imo b/c the market frequently changes.
 Ragnarok.Axels
Server: Ragnarok
user: Axels
By Ragnarok.Axels 2009-09-29 10:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Smithing Guide By Grodark (0-60)
Smithing Guide By Grodark Part 2 (60-100)

I've readed a lot of smithing's guides and these are the best so far, well edited and with lots of informations.

GL with your skill ups!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-29 11:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Axels said:
Smithing Guide By Grodark (0-60)
Smithing Guide By Grodark Part 2 (60-100)

I've readed a lot of smithing's guides and these are the best so far, well edited and with lots of informations.

GL with your skill ups!
O.oa I only used ~ half a dozen of those synths in my Smithing skill ups. >.>

Bored...

I did...

Bronze Ingot (2)

Bronze Sheet (4)

Some Pickaxes (5)

Some Bronze Knuckles (6)

Bronze Scales (10)

Bronze Bullet {Looks like you could skill your Alchemy up at the same time} (13)

Tin Ingot (15)

Aspis (18)

Iron Ingot (20)

Iron Sheet (22)

Iron Scales (26)

Can also throw in random weapon synths. Most in this level range provide a small loss or a profit.

If you level your Alchemy up to around 55 or so, you can make Quake Grenades capping at 29 for great profit (at least on my server they are).

Quake Grenade (29)

Iron Chain (30)

Steel Bullet (30) Alchemy 48 on this one.

Up through 33 or so, you can choose random weapons that'll turn a profit like Mythril Knife, Voulge, Kukri, Scythe, etc.

Steel Sheet (36)

Steel Scales (40)

Mythril Boltheads (44)

Mythril Knuckles (44)

Mythril Pick (47)

Patas (51)

Steel Finger Gauntlets (51)

Darksteel Ingot (52)

Darksteel Sheet (55)

Steel Cuisses (55)

Steel Greaves (56)

Darksteel Scales (59)

Darksteel Boltheads (62)

Tactician Magician's Espadon +1 (62)
 Phoenix.Wayako
Server: Phoenix
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2009-09-29 16:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for all the sites/advice. :) I will start looking into them tonight. Oh, and I checked out the recipe section for here (ffxiah) as well...Seems like it is well ordered and I like how it shows the current market profit/loss beside each resulting synth (so I most likely will end up toggling between it and wiki for recipes, as was suggested above)