Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Snarl Ninja Nerf
Snarl Ninja Nerf
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-27 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else notice that they ninja nerfed snarl? After capping enmity I used snarl, and a few hits (not ws's) later I have hate.
By geigei 2017-07-27 12:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody play bst so probably not
By Brynach 2017-07-27 12:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-07-27 12:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Did anyone else notice that they ninja nerfed snarl? After capping enmity I used snarl, and a few hits (not ws's) later I have hate.

How do you know that you capped enmity? On ilvl content it's quite difficult to do, on non-ilvl content it's trivial.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-27 13:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My enmity merits are capped and I snarl almost every time after a ws, so by a few ws's the pet should have capped enmity and I should have none, but the behavior persists.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-07-27 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does FFXI not show stuff like this in patch notes? >.>
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-07-27 13:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-27 14:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My enmity merits are capped and I snarl almost every time after a ws, so by a few ws's the pet should have capped enmity and I should have none, but the behavior persists.

Does Snarl put all Enmity off of you and onto pet or it like thf ja and 25% 50% etc? Also with max +enmity merits, you would build it faster and faster. So unless you have Enmity + in gear for your pet and -enmity for yourself, I can see you retaining more hate than you give your pet. Take into account the number of hits if they do enough damage you may get more VE and retain more CE than your pet. Pet hate has been a fickle thing for a long time and takes very little to shed or ignore hate from any pet through Melee hits alone. Both Pup Smn and Bst know this which is why if you melee with pet, you will pull hate more than enough times to make it an issue.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-27 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Yes and the last one showed increase Ridill droprates
By clearlyamule 2017-07-27 15:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

Does Snarl put all Enmity off of you and onto pet or it like thf ja and 25% 50% etc? Also with max +enmity merits, you would build it faster and faster. So unless you have Enmity + in gear for your pet and -enmity for yourself, I can see you retaining more hate than you give your pet. Take into account the number of hits if they do enough damage you may get more VE and retain more CE than your pet. Pet hate has been a fickle thing for a long time and takes very little to shed or ignore hate from any pet through Melee hits alone. Both Pup Smn and Bst know this which is why if you melee with pet, you will pull hate more than enough times to make it an issue.
It's like 99% or so. But if you are meleeing with your pet can almost guarantee you aren't using a lot of pet dt and face tanking has never been a good way of keeping hate for anyone
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-27 15:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

At one point they said they were looking at snarl, people complained, then they said nothing else.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-07-27 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

Snarl is supposed to transfer 100 percent hate to the pet. I shouldn't get attention back after just a few hits.