RDM HQ-Nuke Set... looking for advice
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Ok, my bad. Here's my advice. Don't nuke as rdm. End.

Go away.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-28 19:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave you a chance but got yourself topicbanned anyways.

Continue on the topic please, no arguing. Just useful advice for gear, it helps others who look for information and for those who possibly may level rdm.

:)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-28 19:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

Heres better advice lvl rdm and find out for yourself or find any semi decently geared/merited one
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-29 02:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Daus said:

I have Nashira boots, goliard boots and duelist's boots+1s...I also have morrigans gloves, the abj. for zenith mitts and goliard gloves :X so I've never bought yigit. I see alot of rdms nuke in yigit boots even if they have harder to get things..I've never actually tested what works better on my rdm..Ive just kinda been default duelist's boots.

Duelist boots are the best pure damage nuking feet for RDM, but personally I use Yigit.

Yigit (the best BLM nuking feet before 5/5 morrigans, so I carry they for BLM) give a nice mix of INT and MAB.

One thing RDM needs to keep an eye on is resists which Yigit hands/feet are better reducing than Z.mitts/Duelist boots.

I have 3 nuking sets, the one I posted is my general purpose go any where set. I also have a set with a lot more m.acc and skill which I take to things like Genbu solos where my normal set isn't going to cut it. Then I have a higher damage set (z.mitts/duelist boots, more INT) for mana burn parties or nuking weak things.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-29 06:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Mindi said:
Nuke gear (around 750mp)

Standing gear (around 960mp)

Your standing set could use more damage reduction. You should consider obtaining a Jelly Ring and Cheviot/Umbra Cape. Having a lot of max mp while idle is good, but once you switch to your nuking gear you lose that extra 200 mp right?

Well and to all others who said about Standing gear;
This is my "main" standing gear with much mp and only terra staff.
I have another oshitmacro which consist out of Cheviotcape,Jelly Ring, Patr.ring(w/e its spelled), Goliard Pants and other shoes and going for some of the darksteel+1 gear still. Maybe i forgot something. But this wont be good to idle in fulltime as you can maybe see :P

And about Standing in Shadow clogs....... they just look hawt :P
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-29 07:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few idle sets, the one show on my profile page is the basic one I use all the time, which is just Refresh/Regen/'Sensible PDT'/MP.

I also use a full PDT idle (with darksteel, jelly ring etc) for soloing anything that mainly attacks with physical moves and another which is a full on MDT, for soloing magic casters.

Full on Darksteel or Mermans is massive over kill for most events, although something like Goliard trews work well (as they combine mage stats with PDT), although Goliard vs Crimson legs is a situational call.

Although I wouldn't ever idle in shadow gear, even if they do look good.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-29 08:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

Although I wouldn't ever idle in shadow gear, even if they do look good.

well guess this -19% PDT instad of -20& PDT while running through citys or anything even will make me die horrible ;)!
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-29 08:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle set is not the same as a Town set.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-29 09:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well thx all who replied :) guess there arent really any more better choise when looking at equal stats just with more mp. I keep hopeing to get one day w.body and Morrigan legs.
Was hopeing maybe i didnt saw any nice options for RDM since i am not really up to date with newer gear and such. Maybe i should start augment Mahatma slops and hope for some mp! (j/k kinda w)
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-04 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle set i use
Nuke set i use
with that nuke set resists aren't really an issue at all

just make a macro with some mp gear in it for the first couple nukes so when u use all of the gear u dont lose any mp from max mp going lower.

as for idle set don't idle in mp gear, its pointless.

movement speed > refresh > dmg reduction > mp for idle gear

with a good party you should very rarely ever be low on mp, even if your hasting like 12 people

+ with convert and a pimp hmp set that extra 200mp or w/e is even more pointless

just make sure you macro in about +200mp for convert and dont go back to idle until you have done 2-3 cure iv's

so when u change back you are now full mp but in much more useful gear.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-04 14:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

agree'd, mp gear becomes pointless after dipping below natural mp limit, so max mp for first casts of whatever, buffs, cures, nukes in just mp/idle gear, whatever, and once below natural limit, start using macros with gear swaps that do enhance. as for rdm nuking set, totally depends how you play. if your a full time serious player, morrigans set, hq staves, elemental merits, nov/moldy, witch sash, balrahns/omega, prism cape or better, elemental torque or int neck > ugga for -50%, wise strap or elemtantal grips. really, there isnt much you couldnt nuke on with resistance trouble. pretty much your best pieces will be, af hat/+1/morrigan, elemental torque/int necks/ugga, int/mab ears (elemental earring if you care about a max *** elemental build), morrigan robe/errant body/wyrm, morrigan hands/genie gages/shadow/nashira/yigit/relic (lotta choices for situations), int rings/balrahn/omega, prism cape/gleeman(waste of amps)/couple new znm capes with mab iirc), penitents/witchsash, jet seraweels/errants/morrigans, goliard feet/yigit/relic. there are many other things to use for magic damage output than i listed, but imo are the best choices for most given situations taking into consideration magic accuracy/skill. the biggest consideration of all is how you play/what you do in your game
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-04 15:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gleeman(waste of amps)

In what way is Gleeman's Cape a waste of ampoules? :(

Idling in MP gear is useful if you are using an "MP battery" set, which I find handy in support events where I'm basically purely curing (ie no nuking/enfeebling/getting hit) because with ~1100 idle MP on a Hume you can really pump out cures for a lot longer than with a traditional set.
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-10-04 15:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

prism cape > that znm cape

mab+2 is pretty ***for a rdm, even on a lvl 1 mob ud only get a 10 or so dmg increase

normal mob it would prolly give u 8dmg increase over no cape at all

prism would help stop resist + give you 2-8

also if your dINT is negative the multiplier on V value of the nuke is 1.0

t3 nukes are normally 1.5 so that's a big decrease in damage

u would need over 1k mp if your not enfeebling yeh, but only because while not doing that your alliance is taking a hell of a lot more dmg >.>

obviously merit is an exception but then in merit if the DD arent gimp and share hate properly should be fine even if lolgalka

also gleeman is not a waste, its better than the enfeebling+5 cape from sea for gravity and bind
 Asura.Crewe
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-10-04 16:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[/url]http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=113259[/url]

And to the idiot who said RDM don't nuke...
Apparently has never duo'd Ix's or anything for that matter with RDM/NIN and BLM/NIN, instead of of another BLM/NIN or SCH/NIN.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-10 03:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

wear int rings, also morrigan is our best nuke body piece sigh sigh sigh

my nuke gear is currently equipped, just have af+1 hat, gleeman's cape, phantom tathlum and morrigan's slops instead of the lazy idle gear slots. i can solo brothers with this gear (and a little luck) but i'm too lazy to walk up u. range so now i just use it to MB on antlion enm.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-10 05:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend using alittle more Elemental magic+, resists is your worst enemy when nuking as rdm.
Duelist pants, morrigan gloves, nashira feet, merciful cape, with all this, and macc merits rdm can actually hit 320\120 set with blizzard.
 Remora.Vitaru
Server: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-10 06:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mindi said:
Korpg said:
My 2 cents, don't nuke as RDM....

Thats what BLM and SCHs are for....

sometimes its better to not talk when you have nothing to say. Thats not what i asked for and i know when a RDM can nuke. What i am asking for is mainly for lowman purpose and not "throw some BLM at it"

word

also all what you need for rdm nuking is elemental gear > Macc > INT > MAB.

if you can get your hands on AF2 Legs, and nashira feet or nustrum pumps(sp check) from ZNM apkallu.
 Pandemonium.Naten
Server: Pandemonium
user: Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2009-10-10 08:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Dubont said:

Go away.

^
 Remora.Vitaru
Server: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-10 08:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for Idle set,

i have 2 sets, one for kiting a heavy melee mob, and another for kiting a mage mob.

but mainly;

refresh pieces.
w legs
jelly ring
af2 hands
umbra cape or the NQ one
terra staff .
and lots of Enmity gear if you are kiting.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-10 09:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm nuking is a Joke compared to blm or sch
but there will be situations where
you will have no choice but to sleep nuke
ex. rdm soloing VT+ mobs or NM's that cnnt be strait tanked.
but to lv rdm to become a full time nuker is a joke
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-10 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalico, please don't offer people advice on any aspect of this game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-10 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Vitaru said:
Also for Idle set ...

+/- Enmity does nothing in an idle build, and only takes effect when you perform an enmity-generating action.

Kalico said:
but to lv rdm to become a full time nuker is a joke

Pretty sure that nobody ever implied this <_<

For RDMs that prefer to function as Red Mages and not as a watered down White Mage (see: Pink Mage), nuking is important.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-10 18:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
[quote=Vitaru]Also for Idle set ...

+/- Enmity does nothing in an idle build, and only takes effect when you perform an enmity-generating action.

Actually I'm pretty sure that enmity +/- changes the amount of hate lost when taking damage, so if you have - enmity in your idle gear and you get hit, there's a higher chance that the mob will only hit you once. Not worth making a super special -enmity idle build imo, but certainly whack on whatever stuff you already have for it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-10 18:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://kanican.livejournal.com/31613.html

Quote:
* (+/-) Enmity Enhancements do not affect Cumulative Enmity (CE) lost.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-10 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I was wrong then, could have sworn it did, oh well :o
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-10-21 14:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=116763

Before Z mitts and Morr robe I used HQ errent hands and Yigit body.