First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-28 13:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok my RDM set isnt bad... i just dont like that i loose such many MP ><
maybe i am just blind... but you guys maybe know any equal nuke pieces that maybe give some MP then the current stuff i have?
Main focus is on Skill here cause most stuff where i nuke is quite resistant. (i have Pendant for example but wont really use on rdm)
Often i do other stuff before i nuke so "useing" some mp, but the difference between my Standinggear and Nukegear is so huge lol.

Nuke gear (around 750mp)

Standing gear (around 960mp)

no luck so far with w.body for me, this would be the best mp/int piece for body i can see but the rest... um.. maybe you know anything. (beside Morrigan... i just dont have any luck there and really NO NO LUCK ... never seen atleast 1 35 drop i want, working on it... but not really what i ask you far atm)

thx greetings mindi~
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real thing I can think of is to look into better rings for idling. There's nothing wrong with Serket/Vivian or Serket/Ether if you don't have to land any nukes.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

While RDM is obviously not the best nuking job in the game, it's borderline essential for soloing pretty much any LV80+ NM with any chance of success, because of the increasing resistance to Gravity and Bind.

Don't be so ignorant, Korpg.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-09-28 14:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
My 2 cents, don't nuke as RDM....

Thats what BLM and SCHs are for....
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-28 14:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Tisk Tisk, do NOT turn this thread into some blm vs. rdm or sch debate. They are asking for advice on nuking gear set up for RDM.

Thank you.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-28 14:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM nuking is pretty good if you're well geared on most ZNMs. I duo them with a RDM partner, and with him it's a lot faster.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-28 14:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

sometimes its better to not talk when you have nothing to say. Thats not what i asked for and i know when a RDM can nuke. What i am asking for is mainly for lowman purpose and not "throw some BLM at it"
[+]
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-28 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, here's my partner's RDM nuke set. He's 8/8 elemental merits, too. Think he's 2/5 or 3/5 INT. Just replace his novio with... I forget :X

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=107153

Edit: ACP body has the mACC mAB combo.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 14:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
If you solo, then go ahead. But, why bother soloing? To sell the sky god pops? Only idiots buy them anyway, since they are so easy to get during farms.

But then again, you would have to be a fool to not want to sell to idiots, so by all means, go ahead.

But in general terms, RDMs don't nuke.

Enternius said:
Don't be so ignorant, Korpg.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
Server: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-09-28 14:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure but you may be better off with yigit feet over duelest+1, loss of 3 magic att gain of 3 int, also personally I use the elemetal magic acc grips over bugard+1, although you have to have inventory for all those grips, i only use wind/ice/thunder rest bugard+1, you do gain 10 more MP when nuking though.

Strum's report maybe worth lookin ginot as well loss of 1 int and 10 mp vs 2 magic acc. Just a thought
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilvex said:
Not sure but you may be better off with yigit feet over duelest+1, loss of 3 magic att gain of 3 int

I was going to suggest this as well.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-28 14:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Anyways, here's my partner's RDM nuke set. He's 8/8 elemental merits, too. Think he's 2/5 or 3/5 INT. Just replace his novio with... I forget :X

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=107153

Edit: ACP body has the mACC mAB combo.

thx for trying to help but maybe should look at my sets first too ;)

Have Raja's ring and a Macc/fastcast Body from ACP so they are out of option :)
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-28 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Ilvex said:
Not sure but you may be better off with yigit feet over duelest+1, loss of 3 magic att gain of 3 int

I was going to suggest this as well.

tested long enough on both and af2+1 was my final choise. Cant toss awsome test numbers at you to prove, but they are for my use better^^
Dont have the inv space on RDM for any grips

ninjaredit: well i have ice/wind/dark grip but like never have them in normal gear, just when really needed. But thats mainly for enfeebling (and not what i asked about w)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 14:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

w
[+]
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-28 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace Errant Body with W Body.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-09-28 14:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lord genbu did you not read his post? he siad no luck with w body yet.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-28 14:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilvex said:
Lord genbu did you not read his post? he siad no luck with w body yet.

Oh my bad, I didn't read most of it.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-09-28 14:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if you got the gil replace errant with Mahatma Houppelande
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-09-28 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so since we are focused on ridiculous ideas, anyone have a good Nuke setup for DRK or a good main heal setup for PLD? How about a nice tank setup for Sch? Im tired of playing the norm and i want to be an idiot for a change.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-09-28 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wow how narrow minded of you.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 15:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Ok so since we are focused on ridiculous ideas, anyone have a good Nuke setup for DRK or a good main heal setup for PLD? How about a nice tank setup for Sch? Im tired of playing the norm and i want to be an idiot for a change.

The OP is looking for a way to max their nuke capabilities. They're not saying they are going to manaburn with it. Obviously this is for solo NM hunting use. Think before you post.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 15:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Think before you post.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 15:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mindi said:
Nuke gear (around 750mp)

Standing gear (around 960mp)

Your standing set could use more damage reduction. You should consider obtaining a Jelly Ring and Cheviot/Umbra Cape. Having a lot of max mp while idle is good, but once you switch to your nuking gear you lose that extra 200 mp right?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-28 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current nuke set. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=102394 Haven't really put too much effort into but I have out MBd blms thunder4s on HNMs with my thunder3 multiple times before. Granted not the best blms and they got resisted alot and I was obviously /sch.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-09-28 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

Funny you should mention pld as a main healer. It's more than adequately equipped for the job lol. And before level synch i actually got my pld 73->75 by healing burn parties because invites were so shitty, and a "DD pld" trying to burn party is still a laughing matter no matter how you look at it.

Hell, one night in caedarva mire we lost our healer and couldnt get any to respond, the DRK who was in our group (from the ls i was in at the time) opted to change to /whm and sit back cure the party and it worked wonderfully, actually better than it did when we had the noob healer who d/c'd.

Anything with base MP can sub whm, stack +hmp, refresh and mp gears and cure a *** exp party.

It's not like it's a difficult task, especially pld with auto refresh, sanction refresh, vermy and parade gorget. lol. Anyone who has ever been a decent mage would have no problem being able to pull it off.
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-09-28 15:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

who are you to tell someone else how to play?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-28 15:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

Well how about this for starters plds and drks don't have the mp pool to do that or as much gear support or the fact that they dont get higher tiered spells etc but while were at it hmmm why should a rdm main heal? It's clearly inferiour to whm and sch. And sch tank lol its not even coming close to its skill sets. Rdm gets good elemental skill lots of gear for it and comes with MAB and plenty of dmg gear. It was clearly intended to nuke.
[+]
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-28 15:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:

You're a 75 DRK with a Tredicim, thick solerets, a warwolf, and AF head. You obviously don't know how your own jobs work, let alone the 75 version of your 39 RDM.

Meanwhile, I also agree to the fact that you need more physical damage down and that would help out your ratios quite a bit.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-28 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
And sch tank lol its not even coming close to its skill sets.

SCH/DRK, Manifestation Absorb-VIT. Enjoy your God mode.

Not really, but I've seen it done in Campaign and it looks hella fun. Not something I'd trust to tank for me though.

Dubont, Korpg: Herp derp, get the *** out.

OP: Consider nuking in your idle set until you go below your nuking set MP if you don't do so already, not really an answer to your problem but I'm no RDM so I can't really offer up anything since I can't seem to find any obvious swaps to make.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-09-28 16:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, would be better off with using 2x INT rings. 10 INT would still net you 5 or 10 MAcc, depending on dINT, and would edge your damage up.

I don't think there are really many reasonably easy swaps to make to keep more MP in. W. Body, sure, or you could deliberately put in weaker gear for the first couple casts - Zenith feet, Cobra Unit Trews, RSE rope, that sort of thing. Or just stick with higher MP gear in a few slots for the first couple nukes. They'll be weaker, more likely to be resisted...but a couple weak nukes with MP you'd otherwise macro away into nothing is an improvement of sorts.
First Page 2 3