Dragoon RMEA And Weapon Skill Choice.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon RMEA and weapon skill choice.
Dragoon RMEA and weapon skill choice.
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 18:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SO me and my friend recently came back to the game and pretty much we are ready to gilsink ourselfs for a RMEA weapon. I already had my questions answered about myself and my THF but drg seems to be a little harder of a choice, or at least harder to find up to date data for.

First question is for a drg with /sam or /war subs and gear focused on str/double attack/haste what would be the best weapon skill choice? All of his seem to be similar damage/marginal difference with the exception of calmans torment. In other words what end game pimped drg ws use the the most is "considered" to be better?

The answer to the above probably will make the RMEA choice easier.
Looking at drgs RMEA cant rly tell which one worth it

Relic has Geirskogul (dex based? :( ) and 2.5 dmg procs and +40% dmg on geirskogul 347 base danage

Empyrean Triple damage procs base damage 347

Trishula Gives access to Ultimate skill chain base damage 345

Ryunohige Dragesbane dmg +30% (enchances jump also) Occasionally Attacks twice (40%) or thrice (20%) gives aftermath effects to wyvern But 307 base damage?!?!?! Does the 2x 3x attacks worth it that much.

So each one has its own merits and seem pretty even i guess depending on end game use of drg ws will make it easier , thanks in advance for the help.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-15 19:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[This was me talking completely out of my ***.]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-15 20:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All 4 weapons are excellent with differing strengths and weaknesses. A few weeks ago I spent a week addicted to the playing with the spreadhseet, the general idea was bascially:

1.)Hyper buffed Zerg with 3k tp starts max acc/haste/pdif/cor rolls

Rhongomiant > Trishula > Gungnir > Ryunohige

2.) Acc/haste capped, but not pdif capped, using splits to account for non AM downtime/AM maintenance:

Gungnir > Trishula > Rhongomiant > Ryunohige

The ideal Rhon and Gungnir builds are 5 hit, max OAT. Trish and Ryu are best run with 4hit builds.

That's the base numbers, but certainly weapons can bring other things to the table too not accounted for. Trish obviously has Radiance potential if you are setting up a massive solo skillchain, or planning it with other people. Gungnir is the only way to access Geirskorgul, which is actually DRG's 2nd best weaponskill and provides new and improved skillchain options (including being able to close darkness with stardiver), as well as the def down trait.

But a lot of people base the best weapon on the best performance in the hardest stuff. And right now with HELM mele zergs, that triple damage Rhon AM just makes a DRG a wrecking ball - in line with all the empy weapons, really.

Ryu is still a great weapon and you will crush content with it, but with so much OAT available now, it's almost like its giving up 40 base damage while not generating enough attacks to make up the difference. And it struggles to utilize the Utu Grip while maintaining a 4hit which is a pretty big hit, but can also be alleviated if they release a bit more STP somewhere.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-05-15 20:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gungnir: Most well-rounded, provides our only Distortion WS (as bad as it is), highest Acc and Att. Usually the worst of the four, especially as Acc has become less essential with BRD buffs and enemy evasion nerfs. Despite that, the AG version is still much stronger than any non-269 lance you could use. Cheapest of the paid weapons.
Ryunohige: Best Drakesbane damage, highest WS frequency. Gradually falling behind as more and more multi-hit swag is introduced to devalue AM3, but still holds up and tends to lead in situations without a COR. Prettiest.
Rhongomiant: Best white damage, worst in just about everything else. Surprisingly still able to compete if AM3 can be maintained (which is easy on DRG), but requires a much stronger focus on multi-hit gear, which basically means QA augments on Valorous.
Trishula: Best weapon for our best WS, also opens up arguably the best ultimate SC combo in the game (Stardiver > Sonic Thrust > Stardiver > Stardiver). Generally considered our best weapon now. If you have access to Aeonic clears, make one sooner rather than later. You may be able to buy wins depending on servers, ask around if you've got cash to burn.
[+]
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So saying geirkoskul is 2nd best you mean camlants torment is 1st? or ?

Also considering this will not be a solo build always with a thf that has aeonic on the party wouldnt he get the afterglow for radiance without trishula ?
And if thats the case consider the same factor having real people in the party not trusts for the skillchains, in that case which one is the best suggestion ?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-15 20:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My Geirskoguls are stronger than my Camlanns. It's basically a 4.2 fTP vs 3. The small def reduction (which is only sometimes applicable) and slightly better Camlanns Mods dont cover the 40% less fTP gap.
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 21:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think both CM and Geirskogul are 3.0 ftp if im not mistaken but yes geirskogul gets 40% unless you meant 4.8 ftp calculating that bonus
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-15 21:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also considering this will not be a solo build always with a thf that has aeonic on the party wouldnt he get the afterglow for radiance without trishula ?

Trishula would be the best option for partying with a THF by far. I'm not really sure what exactly you're saying in the second part of that sentence and how afterglows relate to it, but you would be doing Darkness/Umbra with a THF (not Radiance).
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-15 21:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
(Stardiver > Sonic Thrust > Stardiver > Stardiver)
 WLT
By WLT 2017-05-15 21:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember relic afterglow was a party effect so pretty much everyone could do dark light permanently i was wondering if same goes for aeonic so if a thf has aeonic drg will do ultimate skillchains.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-15 21:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It works nothing like that.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-05-15 22:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question about Gung, can the the hidden dmg bonus proc on Jumps like rng and barrage? and if it can would it proc for all hits of that jump like barrage?
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-15 22:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

BG Wiki said:
Will never activate on hits from Double Attack, Triple Attack, etc.
Either:
1.) Jumps aren't affected by the proc.
2.) If they are, it would only affect the first hit.
3.) The sum of the hits are tallied together, affecting the entire jump.
(I haven't finished my Gung yet.)

The sum of Barrage hits are calculated together as a single attack, which is why Yoichi/Annihi cause the entire barrage to slam something sideways.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-05-15 22:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
If the damage proc affects your jumps, which seems incredibly likely (I haven't finished my Gung yet),
it probably wouldn't affect multiple hits because they're calculated through DTQ/A.
BG Wiki said:
Will never activate on hits from Double Attack, Triple Attack, etc.

The sum of Barrage hits are calculated together as a single attack, which is why Yoichi/Annihi cause the entire barrage to slam something sideways.

yea i figured they would not considering its from Multihit stat, but would love to know if it for sure can happen on jump, would be sweet to see like 10k jump XD
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-05-15 22:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant happen
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-05-15 23:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply