Suggestion: Removal Of Points, Ranking, And GW

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Suggestion: Removal of points, ranking, and GW
Suggestion: Removal of points, ranking, and GW
By Kodaijin 2017-04-03 12:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since guildwork is dead(even if it comes back up, lets be real it will never be what it was), and the linkshell community is dead, wouldnt it be a good idea to ditch the FFXIAH point system on this site and just allow users to check box (like assaults) the REMA and jobs, and crafts they have?

This would allow Rooks or scragg and whoever else still works behind the scenes to forget about all that code and issues and whining and put a simple form for users to use or not use. That way users could still search of each other if they wanted or search for crafters who are active and want to update their profiles.

The site would still function with regards to the AH, manually entered bazaars, forums and screens.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Avallon 2017-04-03 12:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
So, since guildwork is dead(even if it comes back up, lets be real it will never be what it was), and the linkshell community is dead, wouldnt it be a good idea to ditch the FFXIAH point system on this site and just allow users to check box (like assaults) the REMA and jobs, and crafts they have?

This would allow Rooks or scragg and whoever else still works behind the scenes to forget about all that code and issues and whining and put a simple form for users to use or not use. That way users could still search of each other if they wanted or search for crafters who are active and want to update their profiles.

The site would still function with regards to the AH, manually entered bazaars, forums and screens.

I like this idea. I'm not one to necessarily care about rankings but I've been pretty OCD about a current and up-to-date profile.

It would be nice to have a manual system where each player updates their own REMA's and whatnot, but it goes without saying that certain... exaggerated liberties would most likely be a rampant problem.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-04-03 12:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eff that, we need the rankings, how else are ppl going to know how badass i am. i dont do pugs.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-03 12:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We like it there as a conversation piece.

As I've said previously, there are fixes in the works.
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
It would be nice to have a manual system where each player updates their own REMA's and whatnot, but it goes without saying that certain... exaggerated liberties would most likely be a rampant problem.

Why yes, I totally do own an Aftermath 99 of every Mythic. Are you calling me a liar!?
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-04-03 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »

Why yes, I totally do own an Aftermath 99 of every Mythic. Are you calling me a liar!?

Haha!