Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » R0 and zones failing to load
R0 and zones failing to load
By Feanorsof 2017-03-18 08:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to help me troubleshoot this?

I've run two characters on my PC and only one of them R0s and fails to load zones.
I had the same settings and addons between them and only one is having the issue.

I tried using only one account at a time, and I ran a ping test to google and playonline and I don't see any disruptions or increased latency.

This issue started yesterday evening after I failed to zone into Kamhir drifts, it took me 3 attempts before the zone actually loaded and was fine until just now.

Currently I can't even log in my main, he R0s almost straight away

Any ideas?
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-18 09:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you try rebooting and/or factory resetting your modem+router?
By Feanorsof 2017-03-18 09:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife is tri-boxing next to me with no issues at all. I tried change Network cards but still the same issue.

Finally updated my laptop, and I am also having the problem on there, so I've ruled out my network and my PC now.

Currently my character is stuck in Shrine of Ru'Avitau and I have a feeling if I was able to move myself to another zone I'd be fine.

My only conclusion now is its a server side issue.
By Feanorsof 2017-03-18 09:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to warp out of The Shrine of Ru'Avitau whilst R0'ing, I can now play just fine so this is definitely related to the zone I was in.

For anyone who is having this same issue, I currently R0 in The Shrine of Ru'avitau and Kamhir Drifts.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-18 09:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

have you tried to signed on from a different network or hot spot on your phone? This happen to me on one character that was the only way I fixed it
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-18 09:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah weird I'm sign into shrine no issues on 4 chars
By Feanorsof 2017-03-18 09:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested this by running back into zone (hanging around the zone line so i can escape if needed) and R0 again in The Shrine of Ru'Avitau.

I'm fairly certain it isn't my internet connection but will test the hot spot now to rule that out

Edit: Working ok from the hotspot on my phone, I have no idea how as I mentioned my wife is logged into the zone on 3 characters on the same internet connection with no problem.
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-03-18 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was getting this issue in Mhaura yesterday. The zone crapped out on me and could not log into Issymo. I was fine logging in to my mules though.

Annoyingly I thought I had lost my macros as all the books had been renamed to Book 01 etc. The constant downloading data on log in had incorrectly loaded my character.
By Feanorsof 2017-03-18 17:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Two more of our characters are affected in Port Sandy now. It's worth noting that Issymo shares the same ISP as us. I don't understand how it can affect only certain characters in certain zones.

Not quite sure how to explain to my ISP either
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-18 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

that POL 1160 error.. gotta love it lol
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-18 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Feanorsof said: »
Two more of our characters are affected in Port Sandy now. It's worth noting that Issymo shares the same ISP as us. I don't understand how it can affect only certain characters in certain zones.

Not quite sure how to explain to my ISP either
Did you factory reset both your modem and router yet?
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-18 22:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

for me its always no response from server, but everything else works fine. its garbage
By Feanorsof 2017-03-19 05:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was trying to avoid factory reset of my router as I have a fairly complicated network and it would have taken some time to reconfigure.

I left the modem off overnight in the hopes my lease would expire and I get a new IP today which worked out.
Tested my main in The Shrine of Ru'Avitau and my alt in Port Sandy it seems to be working fine now.

Hope this thread is useful for anyone else experiencing this strange issue and thanks for the advice everyone.
By Sammeh 2017-03-20 07:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth. I've noticed a substantial up-tick in lag in all zones (obviously congested ones). SE could do a huge favor and beef up those servers and/or connections a bit. Omen, Ambuscade, and Reisinjima are absolute nightmares.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-03-20 20:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to connect at all today, I sometimes get in just to DC a minute or so later, often accompanied by error 4001.

Sad times.

Wut, it's just my main character, my mule and my alt are able to log on fine.
By Feanorsof 2017-03-21 06:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whose your ISP Tidis?
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-04-08 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still getting this problem... I get error 3001 or 4001 in Mhaura. It's like certain times of the day I noticed. Mostly evenings it's worse.

Character gets stuck in the zone and can't move her. Logging in to mules are fine though.
By Feanorsof 2017-04-08 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So far its only affecting us in the UK I think, very irritating issue. So far it hasn't affected any essential zones for me but I do have one of each tele ring as those zones keep getting affected.

Have any of you noticed your logs missing stuff? I find especially in Reisenjima logs entries get missed out and I do not use battlemods and have triple check my filters. I believe Xurion is also experiencing the same thing.
Might not just be Reisenjima though as I may only notice it as I have to pay attention to TP moves more often there.
Another weird thing about this is issue is the PC next to me always see's what i'm missing and I always see what its missing.

I think it may be some kind of obscure packet loss issue, and is affecting us due to regional gateways at SE but can't be sure, they have been swapping around a lot of auxiliary servers lately though.