Microcosmic Orb Campaign
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-11 02:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Done a few runs so far; results are pretty unimpressive.

My drops directly from enemies are:
The Worm's Turn D: Beitetsu, Rem's Tale
Tails of Woe VD #1: Rem's Tale x2
Tails of Woe VD #2: Popstar
Tails of Woe VD #3: Rem's Tale
Tails of Woe VD #4: Shisai Kaboku, Rem's Tale x2

Bosses always dropped a special item.

Boxes at the end were the usual.

Curious of Treasure Hunter affects special items drop rate.

Friend reported getting a DRG card to drop while none of her characters were on DRG, so card jobs are indeed random.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-03-11 02:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Please make sure you do 100 orbs so we can confirm how bad this sucks...
[+]
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-03-11 02:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Steamed Sprouts VD x4 so far jack ***.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2017-03-11 03:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

6 Tails of Woe.

2 Meteors, some Rem's 1-5, random fireworks, maybe 3 etched memories.

No job cards of any kind. Utterly worthless.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 03:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some VD factory rejects folling results on each mob in order

Rem 5, nothing, nothing, rng card, rem 2

nothing nothing rem 1 snowtip+2 liminal residue

nothing nothing nothing nothing falling star. <.<
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-03-11 03:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I put Th+4 on Pld for steamed sprouts and 5 mobs dropped random ***. No card but TH seems to help mobs drop loot into pool.

Gold Ingot,firework,coin of ruin,leaftop stone,gold ore.
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2017-03-11 03:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

8 orbs: 4 tails of woe VD, 4 worms turn VD. /THF + chaac belt, and drops were horrible. Not a single card out of all those runs.

Save yourself time and do the other campaigns, this one is meant to be too huge of a timesink just to get a card, much less a useful card you could use.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2017-03-11 03:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

TH Helps for sure last run had 7 drops out of 8 total mobs..Just no cards. This is with TH +4 in DM augments.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 04:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So did 5 VD steamed sprouts with th2. Every run 1 of the adds dropped a rem tale 2. 1 run another one dropped a plat thread. 3 of the runs the boss dropped rem tale 5 another run it dropped ori sheet and another smn card.

screw this event I'm going home
By Triffle 2017-03-11 04:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly sure event hasn't started yet lol. There is no wanted dial, so not sure if the others have started either.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 04:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Triffle said: »
Fairly sure event hasn't started yet lol. There is no wanted dial, so not sure if the others have started either.
um look up. Every person is reporting getting items directly off of mobs which only happens during campaign
By Triffle 2017-03-11 04:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
um look up. Every person is reporting getting items directly off of mobs which only happens during campaign

Don't see anybody here verifying that claim. Also "my friend got one" isn't a pic proof. There is such thing as trolling.
 Asura.Darkox
Server: Asura
user: Kirakunn
By Asura.Darkox 2017-03-11 05:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch is giving 550% bonus that means the campaign is up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-11 06:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

First run I did N Worm's Tail. I only got a drop off the main NM

Second run I did D, I got drops off some of the inner worms and the main NM.

Third run I did VD, got drops off a few monsters but nothing fabulous.

Fourth run I did VD again and was careful to TH4 every worm and then single target kill them. I got about a 50% drop rate on items, but 0 job cards.

Items I've seen so far:
Fireworks - Marine Bliss, Bubble Breeze, Datechochin
Stones - Verdegris Stone, Dusktip Stone (off a boss)
REM Upgrade items - Beitetsu Box (off a minion)
REM Tales - 1, 2, 5

Keep in mind that this is the results from ~60 kills at this point. I'm going back in with THF + GEO on VD to see if I get even more drops.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-11 07:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this "job card" business sounds bogus. And even if we did get it, it seems so rare that it's essentially worthless and would likely be a for a job we wouldn't care about if it did drop.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-11 08:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Err.. the Job Card thing is what they announced the campaign was. The fact that the drop rate is ***and the card is random is just normal SE business as usual.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-03-11 10:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkox said: »

if VW campaingn is up, where's the Wanted Dial? dont they all start at the same time?
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Don't see anybody here verifying that claim. Also "my friend got one" isn't a pic proof. There is such thing as trolling.
Dude literally every other post by everyone was saying the campaign was on with 5 different users saying exactly what they got and what they fought etc. That's some conspiracy level trolling lol
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2017-03-11 11:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i'm seeing and being told the cards are not totally "Random" but specific BCNM's Drop specific cards. Being that ive only seen two cards this is hard to prove. If you plan to sink all your crests into a handfull of cards then people should start recording what cards come from what BCNM's. The whole thing about "I got no drops from the pets just the boss" well guys that's normal. Every single time they have done this event, ONLY the NM's have had direct drops. To maximize drops on these BCNM events I always go for the ones that don't have a bunch of "adds" with one or two NM's. Focus on the multi boss BCNM's and your loot will be maxamized. I typically do "Nest of Nightmares" when they allow it for these BCNM events because its 6 bosses that all give direct drops. Yes TH does matter on these because they are direct drops, they will drop loot 100% but it may be trash w/o TH. It has been that way for every single one of these BCNM events in the past. What I am curious about is if the job cards are based on the job of the enemy as opposed to the job of the player? We know for a fact that its not player based. If this is correct then you would just need to look at the type of enemy in the BCNM's and choose which to do based on that. I will be out all day today and unable to confirm this, but if the above is correct it would be a typical SE mechanic for things like Testimonies and so on. I doubt I will be sinking any more time into this event this month. Especially because I have yet to see a decent return on cards or any Rem's 6-10 which would make it almost worth doing. This sucks, VW spam go.

Cheers
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-11 11:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Yeah, this "job card" business sounds bogus. And even if we did get it, it seems so rare that it's essentially worthless and would likely be a for a job we wouldn't care about if it did drop.

SE is sticking to their word...and the word is bolded below:

Quote:
Microcosmic Orb Campaign
Vanquishing certain monsters in the following battlefields will occasionally reward players with job cards and a variety of other items.

Totally not surprised.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 11:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
Asura.Darkox said: »

if VW campaingn is up, where's the Wanted Dial? dont they all start at the same time?
That's what it says but they could've messed up and forgot to either do it or say it was up later. Dials reset at jp midnight so they are kind of half and half on starting dial campaigns at pst and jst
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 11:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jiib said: »
From the looks of it the cards are not totally "Random" but specific BCNM's Drop specific cards. We should start recording what cards come from what BCNM's so that we can target the BCNM for the specific job cards we want. I am curious if the job cards are based on the job of the enemy as opposed to the job of the player? If that is correct then you would just need to look at the type of enemy in the BCNM's and choose which to do based on that. I will be out all day today and unable to confirm what ive been hearing, but if the above is correct it would be a typical SE mechanic.

Cheers
I got rng card on factory rejects and smn steamed sprouts. Kind of rules out mob jobs which is good since with only 4 bcnms that's a rather small pool of jobs. But they still might have divided it out by which one
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-11 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG from Tails of Woe.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-11 12:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH card, Duskslit stone +2, Taupe Stone, Stone Pellucid Stone, Riftborn Boulder from Factory Rejects (Very Difficult).
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2017-03-11 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what job is ppl going to solo this?

all bcnms are main and adds and which is the best strategy
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-03-11 13:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

did 3 runs of Steamed Sprouts on VD, with BLU/WHM/GEO, for my 3rd round i went BLU/THF/GEO, didnt get any Cards, just a bunch of Rems 1,2,3's and other junk. nothing of note.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-11 13:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me don't waste your time on this. Go to Morta, Uptala, or Bis use 5 displaces per mob and go to town. You will thank me later.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-03-11 13:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Trust me don't waste your time on this. Go to Morta, Uptala, or Bis use 5 displaces per mob and go to town. You will thank me later.

true, if all you wanted was GIL, but if you want Job Cards, and cant get into Omen, this is another method, gil cant buy Cards.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4