Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » warrior haste cap vs double attack
warrior haste cap vs double attack
 Asura.Starfishsky
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-03-09 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, guys need some advice on tp set, so far i can't find a party to get more valarous items i know they are BIS, but i am looking for improvements i can make without going for things out of my reach. my current calculated haste cap for 2h is 26%, and for 1h fencer is 21%

I am wonder what better options i can get in my set for increasing my
1h fencer to 26% and how important is it, vs double attack?

the current tp set i use is mostly ambuscade +1 and the valarous mask as follows :
sets.engaged ={
sub="gracile Grip",
ammo="White Tathlum",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Sklchn.dmg.+2%','STR+5','Accuracy+12',}},
body="Sulevia's Plate. +1",
hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +1",
legs="Sulevi. Cuisses +1",
feet="Sulev. Leggings +1",
neck="Lissome Necklace",
waist="Ioskeha Belt",
left_ear="Steelflash Earring",
right_ear="Bladeborn Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring",
right_ring="Rajas Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10',}},
}

The issue is the grip here, where i miss the haste from it if i use 1h, I looked at the artifact legs , but the fact it has no accuracy worries me. plus the fact i can't get get a vagary legs clear, so i can't make it 119.

my current accuracy is around 1k without food.

any suggestions or advice? ty!
By Bongarippa 2017-03-09 22:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you dont have the Flamma ambusacade gear as that would probably work better than sulevia's stuff. If ambuscade is easier for you to get a group for than to get valorous gear, you could make a war cape with haste on it, though I dont think that would be best. Just an option. Could always get a needle and get rid of the haste augments for DA or something once you get some valorous gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-09 23:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tempus fugit

Flamma gear may also merit consideration as mentioned above, and vouchers for that set will become available after tonight's update.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-10 00:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma head/feet are instant upgrades.
Hasty pinion +1 has 2% haste and is relatively cheap on asura.
You can make a better ambu cape, specifically a double attack one. It's better than stp fully maxed. This wood only require a needle to change your current augments. Or you can make a new one, but I'm not sure if any scenarios where stp10 beats da10, unless diminishing returns, where you're nowhere near that

Sulevia set is not intended to be used as a whole, so you should work to really remove a few of those pieces from your tp set, if not all of them.

You can also try to get emicho hands for accuracy, as it's really good for your needs and is very obtainable.

I could be wrong but rajas ring is garbage now. Petrov, niqmaddu, or even a second chirich should win. Obviously the latter if you need to retain stp, and niqmaddu is from omen, so yeah. You could even get by using a cacoethic ring+1, because you did need some accuracy in there. That or a ramuh ring+1.
By anik 2017-03-10 00:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This wood

[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-03-10 04:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this is it's own thread, will use it as an opportunity to ask; what's everyone's highest QA/TA/DA looking like?
Recent luck with dark matter augments have resulted in getting some ridiculous amounts of QA into my sets (14 QA and 17 TA)
 Asura.Starfishsky
Server: Asura
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-03-10 18:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ye this month i will have the oppurinity to get that set, i have forgoten about it since, inititally i went for the -dt set for solo stuff. thanks for input guys!
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-03-10 19:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Starfishsky said: »
I looked at the artifact legs , but the fact it has no accuracy worries me. plus the fact i can't get get a vagary legs clear, so i can't make it 119.

empy is vagary clears, think it's COP/limbus access for AF119
By fillerbunny9 2017-03-11 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

depending on what is available to you, Valorous Mask/Hose are easily soloed/duoed, but that may be a tall order for you. since you are using Sulevia, I imagine that you do not have much current gear, but if you have a friend who has a strong melee job, Taelmoth is easily taken down with trusts. if you have a strong BLM or even SCH, you can get a Mask off the bugard pretty easily as well. gloves and feet both come from more frustrating T1s, as well as the body from what I consider the most irritating of the T3s. if Abjurations are available to you, the Emicho Haubert and Gloves are very solid pieces that are high accuracy TP set pieces. some of the Escha Zi'tah gear may be in reach as well and you can mix and match with what you have to address your Haste issue. additionally, Eschalixers are relatively inexpensive, so throwing a little money there at a stopgap isn't out of the question, imo.

upgrading your AF Feet/Relic Legs to +1 was pretty solid a couple years ago, but really will not get you far in a TP set now. I would put a lot of those upgrades on the back burner (though you will want to upgrade several pieces for the duration/potency boost to various JAs as time goes on).