2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Duke vepar low man
Duke vepar low man
First Page 2
By hamany9 2017-02-03 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone knows best strategy for low man? like with 2-3 people + trusts.
By minikomby 2017-02-03 11:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

smn
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-03 12:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple friends and I did it PLD GEO SCH. PLD pops and just skillchain it down. Bring Holy Water in case Doom goes off. The only real damaging thing is the aura when it does Hundred Fists so just be quick with the SC/MB.
 Asura.Faloun
Server: Asura
user: Chroph
By Asura.Faloun 2017-02-03 12:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it PLD+GEO+COR, trust was yoran, koru-moru and I don't remember last one.
GEO did malaise/acumen
I was COR, I did the pew pew, Wildfire Spam(Darkness skillchain), GEO was MBing.
adds was killed asap
was pretty fluent
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the dude above me said, pld geo sch is probably your best bet. Personally i prefer a blm over a pld since amchuchu is a beast and id rather kill it fast. Smn works amazingly well with sch if u wanna spam fusion skillchains for meteor strike bursts. Also, if you dont wanna go the mage route u could whm dd and geo it np. War and blu have no issues tanking this.
By hamany9 2017-02-03 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i do it with my beastly blu + geo and whm trust?
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it with blu so i dont see why you cant. My mule doesnt even have idris (yet), just vex/attune amd use miso raman and his status effects arent even an issue.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 12:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Use amchuchu as a trust tho, she wont take your hate on the mm but she gets hate on adds with foil
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-03 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boogerballs said: »
Use amchuchu as a trust tho, she wont take your hate on the mm but she gets hate on adds with foil

How would she do that? She doesn't do any aoe attacks and Foil is self-cast. The add is supertankable so Amchu should never get hate. (Real runefencers use Foil after getting hate on the mass of mobs or affecting someone (Regen works, or a /blu AOE or shockwave [my preference] or Circle Blade) who is on the hatelist, like a BLM or BRD after sleepga'ing).

Hitting the BLM with warcry post-sleep also gets you on hate-list. Affecting them at all (even a cure for 0).

Anyway, if you engage the add first (funny story, the add pops before the NM), she'll provoke it and you'll be supertanking the boss for a second.

Switch the boss and go to town and Amchu will keep the add.

Or the add is sleepable. Any combination of people you'd be bringing, one person is highly likely to have sleep.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a circle blade and she foils, but honesty vepar goes down so fast i dont even notice anything the adds do.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 13:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its more of a peice of mind thing
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-03 13:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless she regens you after Circle Blade, foil won't help her get hate.

Similarly if a BLM sleepga's and I just cast foil (in most content*), I won't get hate (but if I regen him after the sleepga and then foil, I would)

* This will work in Ambu, Incursion, Vagary, but the sleepga isn't even needed, Anything you do in Ambuscade builds enmity on all targets present. As for Vagary/Incursion, Anything you do builds hate on all targets that are attacking (or slept/petrified/etc)

Heh, not trying to lecture you, trying to help the OP asking for advice.
[+]
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All good man. All i know is im alive at the end of the fight using the method stated and thats all i care about
By hamany9 2017-02-03 13:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

what about doom?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-03 13:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I've seen him use Doom (it just dies too fast) but a human whm with a good cursna set and or fair luck with spamming Holy Waters / investing in Hallowed Water would be your options

Edit: Hallowed water is a waste (Thinks KN)

If you go the mage route, as someone suggested above, you could use two tanks (GEO on heal duty, SCH, BLM, trust tank, trust tank, trust healer) and it would have to get at two dooms off before coming for your head. The tanks will fight for hate, but it won't come for you).
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-02-03 13:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld,Sch,blm and then healing trust.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-03 13:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
investing in Hallowed Water would be your options
I thought that Hallowed Water doesn't have a better cure rate than Holy Water does.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-03 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got pups the autos will resist the doom while over drive is up and using Galvanizer when it hundred fists is just hilarious
[+]
By hamany9 2017-02-03 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I do it with blu so i dont see why you cant. My mule doesnt even have idris (yet), just vex/attune amd use miso raman and his status effects arent even an issue.

hmm i tried it and died, i was blu and my alt geo did vex attune etc but the aura poison/bio was too much, how you deal with that?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-03 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
investing in Hallowed Water would be your options
I thought that Hallowed Water doesn't have a better cure rate than Holy Water does.

Heh, so it is. Thanks and corrected. That's what you get for trusting random FFXIAH comments.

Luckily I've never wasted gil on it. Any content serious enough to warrant it would have been serious enough to bring a decent WHM.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-03 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any content serious enough to warrant it would have been serious enough to bring a decent WHM.
Or, if you can't trust the WHM, bring either a couple of Blenmot's ring +1 or get a purity ring.

Edit: Obligatory

By hamany9 2017-02-03 14:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know how to deal with the auras?
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 14:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hamany9 said: »

hmm i tried it and died, i was blu and my alt geo did vex attune etc but the aura poison/bio was too much, how you deal with that?

As a rule of thumb i always set a healing spell. Since i knew the auras were going to be a pain i set white wind.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-03 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Burst/Magic damage kills off the aura.
By hamany9 2017-02-03 14:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what element is his weakness?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-03 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We've always done Distortion skillchains, never had any issues with ice bursting.
[+]
By hamany9 2017-02-03 14:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As a rule of thumb i always set a healing spell. Since i knew the auras were going to be a pain i set white wind.

you duo this nm blu + geo? i just tried n lost twice, both blu geo master with best gear, my acc was even ***with miso ramen had to pop an antacid and use sushi LOL, how you manage to hit it with miso ramen..
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-02-03 14:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

you duo this nm blu + geo? i just tried n lost twice, both blu geo master with best gear, my acc was even ***with miso ramen had to pop an antacid and use sushi LOL, how you manage to hit it with miso ramen..

I use a full acc set which is mostly hq carmine and full acc accessories + i have all acc vorseals and 10 acc ++ vorseals. U could entrust torp or something but i didnt have 2.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1483 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-02-25 04:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Necro bumping is life
First Page 2