Random Politics & Religion #18

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 ... 65 66 67
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-01-16 10:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 285
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-16 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

TV Listing Frames Inauguration as Twilight Zone Episode
Newser

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-16 13:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Political debates get heated and are meant to be intense, if you take offense to being called or proven wrong, you don't belong here.
Can this be more enforced this time instead of going to mods crying like it's been happening the past few times.

Hell, going to other threads to complain about this thread/section means that these discussions are too advanced for you and you should probably take your crayons and go play in the corner.

/hands some people some crayons.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-01-16 13:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Political debates get heated and are meant to be intense, if you take offense to being called or proven wrong, you don't belong here.
Can this be more enforced this time instead of going to mods crying like it's been happening the past few times.

Hell, going to other threads to complain about this thread/section means that these discussions are too advanced for you and you should probably take your crayons and go play in the corner.

Quote:
Along those lines, heat is fine, but sustained, clearly personal hostility is not okay. The personal attack rules still apply. Attack positions, not posters. Failure to adhere to this will result in your removal from the thread.
There is a difference between taking offense because "Person A said my argument was wrong." and "Person A said I'm a <insert random insult> for believing that." Keep that in mind.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-16 13:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Along those lines, heat is fine, but sustained, clearly personal hostility is not okay. The personal attack rules still apply. Attack positions, not posters. Failure to adhere to this will result in your removal from the thread.
There is a difference between taking offense because "Person A said my argument was wrong." and "Person A said I'm a <insert random insult> for believing that." Keep that in mind.
Maybe somebody should notify a couple of people of that from last thread then.

Don't worry, I'll expect to be banned again very shortly. I'm sure some people have already been offended because I exist. I have been banned for simply existing before.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-16 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Not trying to sound mean or anything, but if it affects you this much, maybe it's time to move on from this thread section.

And in actual P&R stuff:

Please Forget Trump’s Pee Hookers And Focus On The Treason, You Know Allegedly
Wonkette

Openers (but you should read the whole thing):
Quote:
So the great big alleged Russia/Trump intelligence report is the only thing in the news today, apart from Obama’s farewell address last night (perfect timing!), four cabinet confirmation hearings, and a Trump press conference that — against all odds — he’s actually having! Yes, yes, everyone wants to talk about the PEE HOOKERS. The PEE HOOKERS are not the issue here, Dude. We’re talking about alleged collusion between a presidential campaign and a foreign intelligence service. Also, Dude, PEE HOOKERS is not the preferred nomenclature. “Ladies of negotiable micturition,” please.

Now, let’s look at the stuff that might actually matter for, like, national security, and leave the PEE HOOKERS alone for a while. Can you believe it? Pee hookers? The things we should be paying attention to are the allegations that Donald Trump and his campaign staff colluded with Russian intelligence agents on a campaign of leaks and derogatory information against Hillary Clinton. How credible are the allegations? No telling — but it was concerning enough that U.S. intelligence agencies briefed President Obama and President-elect Trump about the dossier’s existence. So let’s dive right in. To the allegations, not the pee. Ew. If you want to follow along in the documents published by Buzzfeed, here they are.....
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't locked yet ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-16 14:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: The humor (or lack thereof) in this Ravael post has not been pre-approved by Seha. Read with caution.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also of note 90% of SNL from now till 2020 will be the terrible Alec Baldwin impression that was stale the first time I saw it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched about 10 seconds before my eyes glazed over and had to find a Simpsons clip to relieve myself

Just terrible I dare you to watch this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you could say it's parody of Alec Baldwin doing a parody of Alec Baldwin doing a parody of...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-16 14:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

New thread, same butthurt
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah new thread same faux outrage. You would think being constantly triggered by tweets would die down. It's like they are new to twitter.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched a little CNN today I thought it was SNL that is the level of "news" we are getting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-16 14:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

“I thought frankly it was inappropriate for a president-elect of the United States to be stepping into the politics of other countries in a quite direct manner,” John Kerry said in an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

Oh. Apparently that's cool for sitting presidents, though.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 14:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

John Kerry doesn't he have to protest the Vietnam war somewhere ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-16 15:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
New thread, same butthurt
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-16 16:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I watched about 10 seconds before my eyes glazed over and had to find a Simpsons clip to relieve myself

Just terrible I dare you to watch this:

Nope, you got me to watch one vid clip this month. That's my limit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-16 17:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also of note 90% of SNL from now till 2020 will be the terrible Alec Baldwin impression that was stale the first time I saw it.
It will usually be breaking news for WP, CNN, and Buzzfeed, since all 3 like to report facts I don't like all the time.

And then some people like to run with such facts I don't like and pretend it's real.

Also, Putin says hi.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-16 17:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It will usually be breaking news for WP, CNN, and Buzzfeed, since all 3 like to report facts I don't like all the time.

And then some people like to run with such facts I don't like and pretend it's real.

Also, Putin says hi.
And if you can't trust Putin, who CAN you trust?
By fonewear 2017-01-16 18:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prez sez NATO useless back to you Jimmy !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-16 18:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And in the things might not be quite as bad as you thought department....

Republicans, Trump Set for Clash Over Health Care
NBC News

Outtakes:
Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump is setting the stage for a potential clash with his fellow Republicans when it comes to the repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act....

Trump's plan will provide "insurance for everybody, ... he's going to push for the government to have the ability to negotiate prescription drug prices for Medicare and Medicaid. However, neither of those ideas have been mentioned as possibilities in a Republican replacement plan — and they are both proposals usually opposed by Republicans....

"We're going to have insurance for everybody," Trump told the Post. "There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us." ...
By fonewear 2017-01-16 19:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Putin says hi.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-16 19:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Also, Putin says hi.
And if you can't trust Putin, who CAN you trust?
I trust Putin more than I trust our outgoing president, may his legacy be in shreds forever and his contribution to society be that not all black presidents will be as mundane and diversive as he was. You know, as a lesson to the next person who's elected based by the color of their skin and the pretty words that spew from his mouth.

Of course, Putin still shows to be a better leader than Trump also. At least he gets ***done in his country, and others too it shows.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-16 22:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

3 MORE DAYS!

Bring on the Trumpenreich!
By fonewear 2017-01-16 22:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
3 MORE DAYS!

One more offensive tweet country might implode !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-16 22:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In some alternate universe the writers of "Homeland" actually wrote a season about radical left wing groups planning on using acid to attack the inauguration.

What say you fam, is it time this show gets cancelled, or should we just start actually throwing these types of leftwingers in jail?

Vote now!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-16 23:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

3 MORE DAYS!

Well, it'll be nice to just have it done and over with. I don't know how many freak outs it takes until reality finally sets in.

Election day? Freak out.
Electoral college votes? Freak out.
Inauguration? Freak out.
Old-school R&B on the radio?

[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-17 09:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
3 MORE DAYS!

Well, it'll be nice to just have it done and over with. I don't know how many freak outs it takes until reality finally sets in.

Election day? Freak out.
Electoral college votes? Freak out.
Inauguration? Freak out.
Old-school R&B on the radio?

I like where this is going: Jackie Brown intensifies

[+]
First Page 2 ... 65 66 67