Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Notorious Monsters
Notorious Monsters
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2016-12-02 02:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like some Notorious Monsters to Hunt which drops Gear/Items for use or to sell (Similar to FFXI) Timed Spawns and Lottery Spawns.^^
By Justuas 2016-12-02 09:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are NMs in FFXIV too?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-02 09:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of
By crimsondragon 2016-12-03 01:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh said: »
I would like some Notorious Monsters to Hunt which drops Gear/Items for use or to sell (Similar to FFXI) Timed Spawns and Replacement Spawns.^^

So does everyone. Would make the game a lot more playable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2016-12-11 00:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Yes,but the kill gets u only some hunting points (exchange for some items) and some untradable stones which are needed to upgrade gear/weapons.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-11 15:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing they don't implement timed and lottery spawns in some way. The "everyone wins" fate system sucks.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-12-11 16:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember they had classic timed-spawn NM's back in FFXIV 1.xx, and there were even related over-world quests targeting them as kill-goals.

They'd even drop (on a %-based chance) items unique to the NM, which were scaled to its level-range, much like the old-style FFXI timed NM's. To my knowledge, though, they didn't have lottery place-holders and just appeared (rather frequently and dependably) at their spawn areas making camping less of a chore. On average, from my experience the chance they'd drop their special item was about 1:3--owing to SE's desire to make 1.xx FFXIV more accessible to new players, I'd imagine.

They later (around 1.20) introduced super NM's (along with quests to kill them) as part of later city missions, but did away with that in favour of the FATE system and mission battlefield instances/spawned-quest NM's in 2.xx I think.