users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Struggling with Kirin/Koryu
Struggling with Kirin/Koryu
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-01-17 04:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The group i go with uses the level difference method at pop place 1 too and it goes like:

setup: double pld sch geo x2 blm whm (and smn this aeonic run), as you pop, popper provokes and then both plds run down stairs, kirin will follow, once kirin is in position each pld takes 1 side of him (the best pld being the one that's tanking the majority of the time), we usually do 1 frag SC and mb for capped dmg and capped helix dmg and leave it like that for now, then we handle the 4 adds as they pop (this gives the sch time for strats to recharge too).

Once the 4 adds die, we drop it slowly to 51% with wind dmg (by this time the helix will be gone too) then the blm does death on it dropping it to the low 40s (then kirin transforms to koryu), after this both plds get hate and reposition it, reason of 2 plds is because of the hate reset, you dont want it to go up.

After they have it good, have your geos blaze langour/malaise (or bolster if you really wanna be sure) and manaburn it with frag/wind dmg, it goes really really quick (maybe 2-3 SCs) and that's it really, only dangers koryu have are the hate resets and if you take too long, it will pop all adds on you that's why once it morphs, you got about 2 mins of free SCs time to mow it down.

We didnt try the melee burn setup yet so cant speak for that, good luck!
By Sidra 2017-01-17 04:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Definitely way less than 1900+Torpor. My friend's THF doesn't cap hit rate with just BRD for accuracy buffs, but has a noticeably better hitrate on Kirin and Kouryu than on WoC pre-bracelets (which is about 1831 Evasion). I don't do the parsing myself and never saved the specific DPS or hitrate results so I can't be more specific.

We just did this - it was our first Kirin kill, but it took two trys because we lost the first one. I'm a Master DRG with Gungnir and sushi buffed to 1750 (I believe Hunters roll and Precision but there is a lot going on so could be wrong) and a Torpor and I parsed 22% accuracy, we wiped after about 10 mins with him at 52% it was whiff city for our 4 DD and the COR 2x GEO support. None of us thought the acc req would be that high we were looking at ourselves like wtf. Next try we borrowed a Bard and we had Soul Voiced Honor March and 2x March along with 2 Minuets - I was sitting around 1920 and we were all at cap. It died in like 3 minutes we crushed it. So the cap is less than 1920, and 1750 is way, way too low. I eyeballed the 1900 from that.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-17 05:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I forgot about Feint and Dragon Breaker, so my Scoreboard results are poop crap. It's possible all three mobs have the same base evasion at 1831; at the very least, 1871/1879 seems like a good target.