Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » AoE
AoE
 Odin.Hecky
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Hecky
By Odin.Hecky 2016-09-11 07:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering, whats the common to use and most effective AoE now days? Both in KI farm situations like for Ambuscade, and also for soloing effectively. Would be very greatful for some input, i see the old AoE thread is pretty outdated. Im currently trying to farm all the needed spells for AoE and for AoEburn, so all inputs are most appriciated
 Asura.Clack
Server: Asura
user: cocl
By Asura.Clack 2016-09-11 08:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE Spec
Required Points: 59

Delta Thrust + Barbed Crescent (Used solely for subjobs without native DW)
Glutinous Dart
Spectral Floe
Subduction
Entomb
Tenebral Crush
Cocoon
Barrier Tusk
Occultation
Diamondhide
Dream Flower
Magic Fruit
Magic Hammer
Battery Charge

Copied verbatim from the blue mage guide.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-11 20:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hecky said: »
I was just wondering, whats the common to use and most effective AoE now days? Both in KI farm situations like for Ambuscade, and also for soloing effectively. Would be very greatful for some input, i see the old AoE thread is pretty outdated. Im currently trying to farm all the needed spells for AoE and for AoEburn, so all inputs are most appriciated

Spicyryan said:
For AoE burning a typical strategy would be Entomb>Spectral Floe>Anything else.
Generally the mobs should be dead by two nukes. If you are weaker you can follow up after those two with Tenebral (archon ring, and pixie hairpin +1)

If you are farming Ambu KIs, I would just do Floe or Tenebral to one shot the mobs.

As far as real AoE farming, I posted this before, on Phalanx vs Barrier Tusk:

With no phalanx+ gear but 190 enhancing skill you will reduce more damage than barrier tusk by using phalanx until ~250 damage a hit is being taken before DT

With +15 or more phalanx
(+15 is from Alluvion augments, any past 15 total would be dark matter campaigns)
then phalanx is superior to barrier until ~450 damage a hit before DT.

So, removing barrier tusk for phalanx is a practical choice.

However, there are those who like to go /sch with storms for their Hachirin-no-Obis and one shot the monsters. You would have to evaluate this yourself based on your gear and playstyle.

Overall in terms of spellsets since those have been the only response, I will throw my suggested list into the mix.