Job Point Merc (Quez)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Job Point Merc (Quez)
Job Point Merc (Quez)
First Page 2
By Skunkamaniac 2016-08-10 17:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am able to offer 4 spaces in a party killing 100-150 apex per hour.
I will only offer this service during xp/cp events because it is too mind numbing to do outside of an event.

50,000gil per job point

Payment - 50% upfront then 50% once job points are obtained.

i am online between 4pm est - 9pm est

/tell ingame to Skunkamaniac

thankyou all!
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-10 18:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me get this straight - you're charging EXTRA gil during the campaign?

How did you think that up?

When its EASIER for people to get CP/Job points on their own, you charge more gil for the same amount of effort you would be putting in during periods of time when its harder to get CP/Job points?

Reverse economics at its best. When CP/JP are in abundance, you charge more. When they're rare, you drop the price.

Also, anyone who wants to take up this guy's offer, come on down to Asura where I will gladly allow you to leech off me and my friend's duo parties. Takes us about 16 hours to get any job from 0 JP to 1,200 JP providing you have all quest bonuses. We don't charge for this, we just want to keep the community going.

Unlike other Merc services for items that you couldn't get yourself, everyone can get CP/JP.

So come on down to Asura and just join one of the many tens of JP/CP party shouts, or make some friends, or leech off me.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-10 18:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost anyone that wants to pay for CP will want to pay for it regardless of whether or not there's a campaign active- and during that campaign period, the service is technically worth more since it's resulting in far more JPs. So in that sense, charging more is somewhat understandable since they're getting, even with the mark-up, more CP per gil.
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-10 18:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Almost anyone that wants to pay for CP will want to pay for it regardless of whether or not there's a campaign active- and during that campaign period, the service is technically worth more since it's resulting in far more JPs. So in that sense, charging more is somewhat understandable since they're getting, even with the mark-up, more CP per gil.

Do car dealers raise the price of their cars when the cost of petrol goes down at the pump?

This is horrible economics. Retards will be retards.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-10 19:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting more value since the regular rate is by the hour. If he was actually charging by the number of JPs earned, then you would have a point.
By maldini 2016-08-10 19:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda, yeah actually

When gas prices were higher, demand for SUVs fell considerably. This resulted in more SUVs being sold at minimum cost. Now that gas prices are low(er), dealers are less likely to be talked down.

No. Car prices go up as a result of an increase in demand. Price of petrol goes down = SUV's are more affordable, demand for them goes up, scarcity comes into play, price of cars goes up.

Its a 3 step cycle.

The merc themselves would probably profit more by tapping into the anticipated additional demand for JP/CP during this campaign (why is beyond me seeing as its a flat increase accessible to everyone) by maintaining their prices. But lets be honest, they weren't getting any business outside of CP campaigns, so that 2 mil/hour is just an artificial benchmark they're trying to establish as the regular price.

To each his own. Do the math on how much gil you're going to be coughing up to get your jobs to 1,200 people.

Customers, you're better off negotiating a flat fee based on Job Points/ Capacity points attained. Don't go for this hourly rate ***.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-10 19:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're both talking past each other in the car example, but more importantly it doesn't really apply here.

Lowering the price during a campaign makes sense for something like heavy metal plates but it doesn't really make sense for JPs, provided you're charging by the hour. It's more like being forced to pay for an extra, I don't know, Monster Energy so that they're both $2/can rather than $2.50 or whatever.
By maldini 2016-08-10 19:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no upstream and downstream in the CP/JP business. The merc's aren't investing more time or paying more money for subscription time.

There's no reason to increase hourly rate. They will gain more business through greater demand. Not by arbitrarily raising their prices.

In the car industry making a car requires an investment. You need to have the resources in place to build that car. Those same resources gets competed for by other car manufacturers during times of high demand. So the car companies might end up paying more for building the exact same model, depending on the fluctuation in cost of parts and raw materials.

If anything, the mercs have access to even greater number of customers with the free login campaign and they themselves being able to login without paying subscription fees.

Raising the cost of hourly rates during such times does not make an economic sense to a buyer. It makes all the economic sense to the seller. They're betting on people's ignorance. Its a swindle.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-10 19:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

opportunity cost is much higher during campaign, the buyer pays a higher price because their character will be occupied for less hours to achieve the same goal, and merc spots will likely be more contested

in the end, he could charge 50% more on tuesday because he feels like it and people would still have the option to pay or walk away so i don't know why it's so important to you
[+]
By Skunkamaniac 2016-08-11 11:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-11 16:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
There's no upstream and downstream in the CP/JP business. The merc's aren't investing more time or paying more money for subscription time.

There's no reason to increase hourly rate. They will gain more business through greater demand. Not by arbitrarily raising their prices.

In the car industry making a car requires an investment. You need to have the resources in place to build that car. Those same resources gets competed for by other car manufacturers during times of high demand. So the car companies might end up paying more for building the exact same model, depending on the fluctuation in cost of parts and raw materials.

If anything, the mercs have access to even greater number of customers with the free login campaign and they themselves being able to login without paying subscription fees.

Raising the cost of hourly rates during such times does not make an economic sense to a buyer. It makes all the economic sense to the seller. They're betting on people's ignorance. Its a swindle.

He is not selling anything that is essential to life (food, water, medicine, etc.) nor does he have any kind of monopoly on what he is selling. He's not trying to swindle anybody. He has clearly stated his prices and services. Why do you feel the need to complain about what he's offering?
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-11 17:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

He is not selling anything that is essential to life (food, water, medicine, etc.) nor does he have any kind of monopoly on what he is selling. He's not trying to swindle anybody. He has clearly stated his prices and services. Why do you feel the need to complain about what he's offering?

Because of that same word which always trigger angry fire on FFXIAH.com....merc

If I get paid 1 gil whenever someone start drama over the word "merc", I would be rich enough to finally finish my hq adhemar set.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-11 17:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

If I get paid 1 gil whenever someone start drama over the word "merc", I would be rich enough to finally finish my hq adhemar set.

Ffxi doesn't have nearly a large enough player base for that to be true. There are literally dozens of us.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-11 17:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said:
Customers, you're better off negotiating a flat fee based on Job Points/ Capacity points attained.

Given that CP rate varies with gifts, doing it this way would add needless complication. At best, you could do something like this this- but explaining that to some buyers would be a pain.
By Afania 2016-08-11 17:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike other Merc services for items that you couldn't get yourself, everyone can get CP/JP.

Everyone can get cp on their own, they can't get cp while at school or work though.

If you join shout pt and go to work mid fight people will kick you and blist you.

If you make a pt and afk mid run as leader next time people will start drama when you yell for pt again.

If you try to leech off friend or ls run you have to be at the right place at the right time. My friends pt is almost always full whenever they are cleaving. And even if I get to join the pt they either do it on a time that I can play and need my character to do something else, or do it for short time and log off.

By paying for merc it's possible to secure a leech spot when you can't play(thus using time more efficiently), for as long as you paid for.

That is usually the purpose of paying for leech spot, which has advantage over free spot from friends and ls.
By Afania 2016-08-11 17:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Afania said: »

Ffxi doesn't have nearly a large enough player base for that to be true. There are literally dozens of us.

Not if people start drama multiple times =p
By Skunkamaniac 2016-08-11 17:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said:
Customers, you're better off negotiating a flat fee based on Job Points/ Capacity points attained.

Given that CP rate varies with gifts, doing it this way would add needless complication.

lol that is exactly the reason i didn't want to do a price per jp. ive taken ls members along with me many times and jp can range from 25ish-65+ from 100 mobs outside of exp/cp event, during event could easily be seeing 150+jp an hour with half decent gifts/backpiece.
By Skunkamaniac 2016-08-12 16:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [89 days between previous and next post]
By Skunkamaniac 2016-11-09 13:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump!
Price edit to per job point vs per hour.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-09 16:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

none on asura i see do jp mercs, come here and try!
 Asura.Frootz
user: Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2016-11-09 23:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i seen it once on Asura, but it was a ridiculous amount of Gil per/jp. 30K seems decent. No doubt you would be making Bank on Asura /sh-ing for that Service.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-09 23:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Even at 30k I feel its high, 20k perfect point. If your solo burning on blu with kupo you can easily be pulling 80+ jp an hr on event (at worst case) or 1.6m/hr x4 = 6.4mil/hr. Thats a fair farming rate for such a shitty chore imo.
[+]
 Asura.Frootz
user: Frootz
By Asura.Frootz 2016-11-09 23:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what i had in mind as well, 20K sounds fair
By Calinari 2016-11-09 23:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Without even trying to math, 20k is quite under value. And I'm always a big proponent of "it's not worth what you idiots think it is".

Thats only 42m for 2100 jp. I mean ***, that's less than 1 piece of gear.

Your line for buyers would literally never end.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-10 00:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

never ending line is a good thing :D means constant income.

and 6m/hr is very good fyi. Heck even 2m/hr is what you'd get doing same spamga killing in dyna/salvage. BUT you dont have to wait for ***to sell :D

regardless, not on your server anyhow haha!
By Nocki 2016-11-10 00:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is freakishly cheap tbh. But hey, to each their own. This is the equivalent of selling Tartarus Platemail for 40m though imo
By Skunkamaniac 2016-11-11 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2016-11-11 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Skunkamaniac said: »
Bump

My lumps.