Forum » FFXI » General » Looking for Font Color Hex Codes
Looking for Font Color Hex Codes
 Odin.Maniel
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Maniel
By Odin.Maniel 2016-08-04 19:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for the hex codes of FFXI's default font colors. I've tried taking lossless screenshots of text, but it hasn't proven to be very effective. I found this image while searching around so I know the colors should be easily accessible.

Is there an easy way to discover where this information is located?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-04 20:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The colors that FFXI selects for a new character? Might be easiest to do just that: make a new guy and see what you get. Alternatively, load up your character on a new computer or some place without existing local settings saved.

The picture you posted is from Battlemod. Can download the addon with Windower, load it up, and then type //battlemod colortest to see all your current color settings. Note that the numbers you see (and the colors used in Windower's add_to_chat function) aren't RBG color codes or anything like that, but rather the number associated with a message type. 001 is for Say, 002 is for Shout, 003 for Yell, whatnot.

You can find out what color any given text message uses by making an addon with this in it:
Code
windower.register_event('incoming text', function(original,modified,color)
    print('COLOR: '..color,'TEXT: '..original)
end)

It'll also print out color-changing characters used for things like items and key items, which go in the string itself.
By ibm2431 2016-08-04 20:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlemod doesn't use or know the hex representation for the colors displayed. All it does is use/print the "message type" code (001-509). The client is the one that dictates what hexadecimal color is used for a given code. When you do a color test (as pictured), all it's doing is displaying numbers, each prefixed with the special character for the equivalent code.
 Odin.Maniel
Server: Odin
user: Maniel
By Odin.Maniel 2016-08-04 21:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your replies.

I'm not looking to return any custom font colors to their defaults. I'm just looking for the hexadecimal numbers that dictate color so I can save them for posterity.

Braden, will that code spit out what I'm looking for?