Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Free Aeonic Offer on Odin by RF6
Free Aeonic Offer on Odin by RF6
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2016-09-25 23:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey do you member when Vasche use to play ffxi?
 Odin.Tinkil
Guildwork Premium
user: tinkil
By Odin.Tinkil 2016-09-25 23:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I member
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-09-26 00:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Llewelyn, I'll never be able to take you up on this offer, but I still want to thank you for being so generous to the ffxi community.
By Nocki 2016-09-26 00:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Llewelyn, I'll never be able to take you up on this offer, but I still want to thank you for being so generous to the ffxi community.
They can just all move to Asura as a ls, it is the best server amirite?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-26 00:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since this thread got bumped, I guess I should mention that we are unfortunately not really offering this service anymore due to how large our linkshell has become since our last round. We used to do these with like 12-14 linkshell members on average while we were running this service, but recently we've been going with 16-18 leaving little or no room for others to join us. Blame the people in LS that keep wanting me to invite friends of friends of friends of friends!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-09-26 01:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Well since this thread got bumped, I guess I should mention that we are unfortunately not really offering this service anymore due to how large our linkshell has become since our last round. We used to do these with like 12-14 linkshell members on average while we were running this service, but recently we've been going with 16-18 leaving little or no room for others to join us. Blame the people in LS that keep wanting me to invite friends of friends of friends of friends!

All those lovely people to help out. Have fun. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [470 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 11:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually theorizing this concept as well, though I personally have no means on implementing it. If large shells opted to offer free aeonic clears to the active players on their servers, not only would it reduce the prices of mercing, but should improve the quality of life of >all< players on the server. A kind of collective achievement.
However, I can also predict that it could get out of hand, with players becoming ungrateful and likely "demanding" their aeonics; I am not sure how one would counter that.

Interesting concept all the same, I was surprised to find a thread even relating to it. Good on you sir, an honorable path for sure.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-09 12:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I was actually theorizing this concept as well, though I personally have no means on implementing it. If large shells opted to offer free aeonic clears to the active players on their servers, not only would it reduce the prices of mercing, but should improve the quality of life of >all< players on the server. A kind of collective achievement.
However, I can also predict that it could get out of hand, with players becoming ungrateful and likely "demanding" their aeonics; I am not sure how one would counter that.

Interesting concept all the same, I was surprised to find a thread even relating to it. Good on you sir, an honorable path for sure.
Too bad it doesn’t happen anymore. But luckily spoileds aeonic deal for 80 mil isn’t bad
By Elazar1 2018-01-09 12:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You all act like merc’ing is something new to the game, it’s been going on in all my 14/15 years playing and won’t change, and talk if the big ls’s giving away the weapons, most of them are the ones selling it to you in the 1st place
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-09 12:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
You all act like merc’ing is something new to the game, it’s been going on in all my 14/15 years playing and won’t change, and talk if the big ls’s giving away the weapons, most of them are the ones selling it to you in the 1st place
This should be common knowledge lol. I’m just updating information since this doesn’t happen anymore.
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-09 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would just further devolve every shout to requiring an Aeonic at minimum to do even the most pedantic content. like all those joke Bubbly Bernie shouts, but serious.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-09 13:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

I think it would just further devolve every shout to requiring an Aeonic at minimum to do even the most pedantic content. like all those joke Bubbly Bernie shouts, but serious.
Agreed
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Hmmm, yeah I see your point. It would further alinate those classes of players with and without aeonics. Making all up and coming returning players either require aeonics, or not be welcomed anywhere.

Oh well, worked in my head. :p

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 16:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Does 109ing add anything to COR relic head and body over the low level pieces?

I think it slightly increases the roll duration, but don't quote me on that and/or the potency of the JAs. I don't main Cor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-09 16:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, kk.
By doniishu 2018-01-09 16:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump just cause this is a nice deed
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [448 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vikter
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-04-03 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope this happens again!
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-03 00:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vikter said: »
Hope this happens again!

I could make a whole argument for supporting prominent LS' handing out Aeonics when they do runs, but alas most groups seem to rather Merc them.