Death Penalty Damage Optimization.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Death Penalty damage optimization.
Death Penalty damage optimization.
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Icewell
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2016-06-24 20:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For starters, I've seen that with Tizona, you have to gear it differently to really get the most damage out of it. I think they need to focus more on store tp than other builds. I know Apocalypse greatly changes how DRK plays too.

But anyways, that got me to thinking about DP. What, if anything, do I need to do to really optimize my damage output with a DP? This is going to be my first mythic I've made.

It seems fairly obvious that I'm going to want to do ranged attacks, but what gear and stats are best for building TP? I know things like rapid shot and snapshot I should stack on as much as I can and put that on the precast for ranged attacks. Store tp is always good. Is there much gear out there that allows for multi attacks for ranged attacks? The only one I'm aware of is the Camulus's mantle.

This is my LS build. I'm planning on getting HQ Carmine hands for sure and probably HQ body eventually. But as far as other slots like Adhemar feet, it looks like Herc has more damage potential from the augments, assuming I get the best augments. I was averaging around 17k on apex mobs, sometimes getting up to 30k (I think) when I got up to 3k tp.

ItemSet 344418

As far as LS goes, I was messing around with the spreadsheet damage calculator and noticed that sometimes MAB would be twice the damage increase per point of AGI, others it's almost neck and neck. Weaponskill damage bonuses per point so far it's no contest. Those per point have been far and away the best. What makes AGI or MAB do more/less damage in certain situations?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Server: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2016-06-25 11:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at your set the biggest damage boost would be to get a pixie hairpin +1 and an archon ring.

Furthermore I would replace Fotia neck with one of several matb neck choices and belt with Eschan Stone / Elemental Obi.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-06-25 12:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of what shura said, but also JIC it's not a glitch in your set, mainhand fettering. second you coulda just put this in main cor page. lastly as I have not finished my DP I can't say for sure but usualy for spamming Salute the best option is to melee with capped delay reduction and WS often as you will almost certainly get tp faster melee.
 Asura.Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2016-06-25 18:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely mainhanding Fettering. I tried but it won't let me put Fettering in mainhand. There's probably a trick to force it, but I'm not aware of any.

I keep seeing people say I should get a pixie +1, but it doesn't have as much MAB as Herc helm. It has 10 base MAB and I have something like 28 MAB from the augment, not to mention the agility. If I get weaponskill damage on an augment roll I would imagine this is far and away the BiS for LS. Is there some hidden effect I don't know about?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2016-06-25 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Icewell said: »
I'm definitely mainhanding Fettering. I tried but it won't let me put Fettering in mainhand. There's probably a trick to force it, but I'm not aware of any.

I keep seeing people say I should get a pixie +1, but it doesn't have as much MAB as Herc helm. It has 10 base MAB and I have something like 28 MAB from the augment, not to mention the agility. If I get weaponskill damage on an augment roll I would imagine this is far and away the BiS for LS. Is there some hidden effect I don't know about?

The darkness MAB is set up separately in calculation from what I've heard. Which depending how it is implemented in the equation it may trump the boost from herc helm you have.
 Asura.Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2016-06-25 18:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a follow up, I have M. acc +26 and MAB +28 on my Herc Helm.
 Asura.Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2016-06-25 18:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The spreadsheet shows that my Herc Helm will beat out Pixie +1.

What about putting on Hachirin obi with voidstorm II?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-25 19:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The Hairpin +1 and Archon ring are dark affinity +

I forget who said it, but it equates to like 100+ Mab for Darkness.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-06-25 19:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheets don't accurately depict "affinity" MAB, at least last I checked. Trust us when we say that Pixie and Archon are very large improvements.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-06-25 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The spreadsheet shows that my Herc Helm will beat out Pixie +1.

What about putting on Hachirin obi with voidstorm II?

When possible best option for the waist, period. Also as others have said Archon ring and Pixie +1 are musts. Everything else looks like a great place for it. Love my Afterglowed DP, that ammo is just so /drool.
 Asura.Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2016-06-25 19:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I've done a little more research and looks like Pixie +1 is BiS for LS. Thanks for pointing that out. I really wish SE would get their ***together and put better translations for these stats.
By Afania 2016-06-25 19:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For starters, I've seen that with Tizona, you have to gear it differently to really get the most damage out of it. I think they need to focus more on store tp than other builds. I know Apocalypse greatly changes how DRK plays too.

But anyways, that got me to thinking about DP. What, if anything, do I need to do to really optimize my damage output with a DP? This is going to be my first mythic I've made.

It seems fairly obvious that I'm going to want to do ranged attacks, but what gear and stats are best for building TP? I know things like rapid shot and snapshot I should stack on as much as I can and put that on the precast for ranged attacks. Store tp is always good. Is there much gear out there that allows for multi attacks for ranged attacks? The only one I'm aware of is the Camulus's mantle.

This is my LS build. I'm planning on getting HQ Carmine hands for sure and probably HQ body eventually. But as far as other slots like Adhemar feet, it looks like Herc has more damage potential from the augments, assuming I get the best augments. I was averaging around 17k on apex mobs, sometimes getting up to 30k (I think) when I got up to 3k tp.

ItemSet 344418

As far as LS goes, I was messing around with the spreadsheet damage calculator and noticed that sometimes MAB would be twice the damage increase per point of AGI, others it's almost neck and neck. Weaponskill damage bonuses per point so far it's no contest. Those per point have been far and away the best. What makes AGI or MAB do more/less damage in certain situations?

1. Ranged mythic does not have multi-attack nor OAT. All we have is the triple shot JA that's active half the time with 77% proc rate if you have every gear/jp for it.

So if you're shooting, getting 4 hit(WS+3 hit) to 1000 tp when triple shot is up is absolutely crucial. You want 1 hit to WS after triple shot proc. If you can't WS after triple shot proc, you will have to /ra again and result 100% increase in tp time, it will hurt dps quite a bit if you use a WS dmg that doesn't scale up at higher than 1000 tp, such as wildfire.

Dp has lower delay than other guns(161 tp a hit), that means dp typically needs more store tp in gears to reach 4 hit as well. Compare to high delay gun like doomsday, which has 174 tp/hit.

2. If you find the spreadsheet number not accurate, you can always calculate the damage by yourself. The leaden salute formula is on the first page:

{[2 * (Your AGI – Enemy INT)] + {fTP * [152 + [(WeaponLevel-99) * 2.45] + (AGI)]} + (Magic Damage)} * Affinity * MAB * staff bonus * day/weather bonuses

Or use the excel that I created to do the work for you:
https://docs.zoho.com/file/n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff

Because of how this math formula works, when you have a lot of MAB, adding AGI will result more ws increase. And vice versa. A high end aug herc helm may beat pixie +1 if you have AGI/MAB/WSD numbers high.
[+]
By bonz 2016-07-04 22:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

what augements did you do for Camulus's Mantle ??
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2016-07-06 21:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

bonz said: »

Mine is AGI+20, Macc/M.Dmg+20, WSD+10%. I'm on the fence as to whether I should put my dyes on AGI or on M.Dmg though.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-06 21:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-07 15:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

bonz said: »

For your ref, below is a list of aug that I would do and find it useful.

1. Leaden wf: AGI+10, AGI+20, macc mdmg+20, wsd+10. The macc mdmg category is more about macc+20 for high meva targets.

Leaden and wf is the most important ws for this job in cp pt or mage setup in endgame, I would choose this first personally.

2.Savage blade: str+10, str +20, attk acc+20, wsd+10. Savage blade is less useful if you have aeonics since it can't sc light like last stand, I would put this lower priority if you have aeonic.

If you don't have aeonic, don't sub war, or play with people that can open SC for this WS, then this ws is pretty important and I would do it as soon as possible.

3.Melee acc: acc+10, dex+20, acc attk +20, stp +10. If you're still gearing up, struggling for acc in cp parties, or struggling for acc in whatever content that you do, I guees acc backpiece could be a top priority.

I choose stp over dw for 4th slot because I sub war alot recently(thanks to ambu happy last stand spam) and single wield tp set doesn't benefit from dw.

Also stp +10 in backpiece slot is great for qd stp set or occu acumen set, basically it's 1 backpiece that works in 3 different sets, v.s DW augment that only works for melee tp when sub nin or dnc.

4. Last Stand: AGI +10, AGI+20, rattk racc+20, wsd+10. Without sc dmg from aeonic AM, the dmg of this ws pretty lackluster overall unless you need piercing dmg. Still useful to carry a last stand backpiece around for piercing dmg.

This cape can also be used for racc tp set if you're not getting more capes.

Personally I think 3-4 capes listed above is enough to cover most of the situations on DD cor. If you go hardcore and don't mind 1 year of ambuscade you could make more, such as dedicated cape for ranged tp or FC cure potency cape etc. But I'm probably not gonna ambuscade for an year.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-07-08 03:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I choose stp over dw for 4th slot because I sub war alot recently(thanks to ambu happy last stand spam) and single wield tp set doesn't benefit from dw.

What's the typical play style /war, trying to learn the more thorough aspects of COR? Unless there are no more nuances than tp/last stand spam, in which case disregard.
By Afania 2016-07-08 09:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
Afania said: »

What's the typical play style /war, trying to learn the more thorough aspects of COR? Unless there are no more nuances than tp/last stand spam, in which case disregard.

Yes it's just tp and last stand with blurred +1 or degen. Pop berserk to boost ws dmg, dont die. Which is the same as other sub war DDs. It's just a "boost last stand dmg" sub with fencer and berserk.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [196 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2017-01-20 16:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia belt any good for leaden salute? Just came back not to long ago and was wondering if it's a good PH until eschan stone? Currently using sveltesse gouriz +1 and anrin obi on day, weather, storm.
By Afania 2017-01-20 17:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sveltesse +1 is BiS for leaden(no storm) most of the time, unless your mab is absurdly low.
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2017-01-20 17:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For non-mythic LS and melee cor (maybe completely wrong on all accounts here) is dex/acc30/da cape ok? Or should I change the 3rd stat to dw? I typically sub nin most often as I'll be pulling in cp pt

Very new to cor/ranged jobs and not very knowledgeable about cor yet so looking for play style/gearing advice
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-01-20 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

first off, head on over to the main cor thread as there has been much talk in last few pages about cape augments. Second, unless you need the cape to cap DW in your set STP tends to parse better IIRC, especially for your first melee cape.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2017-05-02 16:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as AGI vs MAB vs WS Damage, what should be the priority?

Currently working on mythic, but in the meantime I have a Doomsday with AGI+21 MAB+15 WSD+3, and I have a Hgrafican+2 with WSD+10%.
Also wanting to compare Samnuha Coat (MAB+14 augment) to a Herc Vest with WSD+9%, or Carmine Finger Gauntlets+1 to Meghanda Gloves+2.

Should there be a minimum MAB before swapping some out for WSD?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-05-02 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

unfortunatly these values are not in a static relationship with each other, rather they all sorta become more/less effective by varying degrees based on how much of each you have in a given set, with that said usually per stat WSD>MAB>agi. to really know you would need to use spreadsheet, if you find it too complicated you can so some basic testing on low level mobs that have not strange damage taken modifiers and swap out gear at 3k and 1k tp to see what does best dmg.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-02 17:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just popped in to say that even though most people obsess about WSD and MAB, AGI shouldn't be overlooked. We lose quite a bit from equipping Pixie, Archon, Obi, etc.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-05-02 18:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a DP cor,but a member in our she'll we helped AG his. I know this problem isn't the right place but any other DP cors mind telling me.if they have the same issues with ambuscade, generally he has more acc then most of the PUG rings we pick up, but he misses so much compared to them, sometimes his acc is good then it just drops off. Just wunderkind if anyone else has had this issues bwfore. That's k you in advance
By clearlyamule 2017-05-02 19:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fairly simple to figure out about how much mab a wsd is with your setup to come up with some basic thumbrules on which one is likely better but agi is a whole nother beast since it isn't a multiplier like the rest
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-05-02 19:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like he is losing an Acc buff midway thru TBH, other than that haven't really noticed this sort of problem myself, esp not in ambuscade where current mobs are not at all evasive.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [209 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-27 10:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on dynamis [D] with corsair. I would like to say my cor is geared pritty well. But i struggle with melee on orcs after boss kill. Is there an optimal melee set someone can post that i can compare with? I have all the things HQ and such. Just looking for a reference point.

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-27 12:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Question on dynamis [D] with corsair. I would like to say my cor is geared pritty well. But i struggle with melee on orcs after boss kill. Is there an optimal melee set someone can post that i can compare with? I have all the things HQ and such. Just looking for a reference point.

Thanks!

ItemSet 343252

Im not claiming best, and I dont personally use spread sheets, but this is just what I have built as my low acc set, and really dont have issues. (Even with NQ on some spts still.)

(Meg. +2 will have obvious better acurracy results if you wanna go that route.)

Swords + Food will help a lot, not sure on what buffs available. Me and RNG were able to farm pretty well as a duo, and Leaden + TF were doing pretty great. Just my opinion. Hope it helps give some insight.
First Page 2 3