2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Gearing newly 99 COR
Gearing newly 99 COR
First Page 2 3
By mbsaxplayer 2016-06-03 02:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So my COR has been 99 for a while, but I'm just now getting it ready for endgame and I'm wondering what would be best.

So far, I have a Doomsday and a full Pursuers set (none augmented yet). Good for now, or did I waste my time? Haha.

I also have a full relic set, I'm working on getting it to +2 so I can reforge it.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-06-03 02:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

pursuer is Good. No need to +2 relic to reforge them
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2016-06-03 03:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic hat, body, feet (NQ works, just cost currency and more chapters. just +2 isnt enough to make them cheap and easy, you'll need the exp trial to lower the chapter amount to 5)
empy hands (roll duration) feet (QD effect) body (+1 on tactician). could do leg for +1 on caster roll, very nice for those MD death group. hat is a good racc option.
escha ruan gun for roll duration
ambuscade cape for roll duration
By Afania 2016-06-03 03:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mbsaxplayer said: »
So my COR has been 99 for a while, but I'm just now getting it ready for endgame and I'm wondering what would be best.

There's a COR guide/gear discussion thread here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/

Doomsday/pursuers set is good as stopgap gears until you have something better. The common DD augment for Doomsday is STR/AGI/MAB/WSD. I would avoid tossing 40m on Doomsday to get perfect DD augment though. Atm Doomsday perfect aug is really not worth the gil IMO.

Even if you have another better weapon than doomsday, Doomsday still has some situationally useful augment. Some useful augment I see on bg-wiki are: Refresh +1/Cure potency for /mage, bloodpact delay- for /SMN, waltz potency for /DNC, max DEX/acc for high melee acc builds, and breath/magic damage taken-. I wouldn't say getting the weapon itself is a waste of time because it always has a use even with better DD weapons.

Currently the 4 best(and most useful) COR DD guns are Death Penalty III, Armageddon III, Fomalhaut, tp bonus Ataktos, each all excels in specific situations or specific setup.

Death Penalty III is the best leaden salute/qd weapon and works best in BLM death rotation/darkness SC setup. Armageddon III is great for piercing damage, Wildfire, or mid tier content where you need racc. Fomalhaut is great when you pt with BLUs, since the light property WS from this weapon allows COR to WS without interrupting CDC SC and lower pt output. Lastly tp bonus Ataktos is great for melee COR savage blade build when SC interruption isn't an issue, and great for requiescat to break shields.

Additionally there's also roll duration gun that also works as a cheap stopgap weapon.

I think all of the pursuers can be replaced with either HQ abj, perfect augment herc or snapshot taeon. But some pieces are quite close to better alternatives and much easier to obtain. I'd just use it until getting something better.

The most useful melee weapon for COR are Fettering blade(Great for main hand 95% of time), Blurred knife +1(great for meleeing), MAB/oat Atoyac for magical WS/QD, Kustawi +1(ranged mode only), Demersal Degen +1 (only useful for /WAR and SCing savage blade to last stand). Situationally Sanus Ensis may be useful for cure potency if you can't cap it with armor, and Arendsi Fleuret for enhancing magic/Occult Acumen build in mage setup.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-06-03 04:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »
Relic hat, body, feet (NQ works, just cost currency and more chapters. just +2 isnt enough to make them cheap and easy, you'll need the exp trial to lower the chapter amount to 5)
empy hands (roll duration) feet (QD effect) body (+1 on tactician). could do leg for +1 on caster roll, very nice for those MD death group. hat is a good racc option.
escha ruan gun for roll duration
ambuscade cape for roll duration

Afaik lv 119 empy roll enhancement effect are the same as lv 90 +2 version. So if you want to be cheap with rolls you can just stay at lv 90 or ilv 109.

That being said, body is still good for triple shot JA, and legs are great for QD/occult acumen stp build. I'd suggest just ilv 119 entire empy set if you're really into the job tbh.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-06-03 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Demersal Degen +1 (only useful for /WAR and SCing savage blade to last stand).

It's also a pretty good cheap/free alternative to offhanding a Blurred Knife +1.
By Afania 2016-06-03 16:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:

It's also a pretty good cheap/free alternative to offhanding a Blurred Knife +1.

Yes it is! But OP asked for a list of "best gears" so I only list the situation that degen +1 may be the best.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
By Taffy 2016-09-27 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quote:

Yes it is! But OP asked for a list of "best gears" so I only list the situation that degen +1 may be the best.
Quote:

I do not agree with above statement. Main handing Demersal Degan +1 and offhanding the NQ results in very quick TP gain. It allows for solo SC as Cor, and a ver decent damage output. My Cor only has 200 ish JP and in comparison to master blu x2 and master thf with varja x1 I generally parse within 10%-20% of them. For example, we did Belphegor spam a couple of nights ago and each of the DD parsed around 100k - 110k and I parsed right around 80k. Of course this requires a good tp build. My current build on TP Cor is:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/346558

I'm sure there is some improvements I can make, but this took me from being a roll *** to actually outputting some decent damage. Augments on Herc are Triple attack, Accuracy, Dex and attack (I use these for thief also). Cape has Dex, acc, stp+10 for this build and I have a second cape with Agi and WSD.
By Afania 2016-09-27 08:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taffy said: »
Quote:

Quote:

I do not agree with above statement. Main handing Demersal Degan +1 and offhanding the NQ results in very quick TP gain. It allows for solo SC as Cor, and a ver decent damage output. My Cor only has 200 ish JP and in comparison to master blu x2 and master thf with varja x1 I generally parse within 10%-20% of them. For example, we did Belphegor spam a couple of nights ago and each of the DD parsed around 100k - 110k and I parsed right around 80k. Of course this requires a good tp build. My current build on TP Cor is:

I'm sure there is some improvements I can make, but this took me from being a roll *** to actually outputting some decent damage. Augments on Herc are Triple attack, Accuracy, Dex and attack (I use these for thief also). Cape has Dex, acc, stp+10 for this build and I have a second cape with Agi and WSD.

I don't think you understand my statement fully. Degen+1 isn't the best for tp gain because blurred +1 surpassed it. They have equal oat proc rate(45%), but much higher acc which allows more room to gear for multi attack with less acc. I spreadsheeted several times and blurred +1 always pulls ahead. Even in Savage spam situations Degen doesn't beat Fettering according to spreadsheet.

In other words, there isn't one situation that I find on spreadsheet allows degen +1 pull ahead of other better alternatives using any build, except self sc with sword + gun ws.

My LS mate even parsed degen +1 and blurred +1 proc rate to be 100% sure both has equal oat proc rate that there's just no room for degen to be BiS.

If doing Belphegor the ideal DD combo is Fettering+ blurred hq using Savage blade.

Edit: Actually, considering Belphegor resists piercing, blurred sword +1 may be better offhand but I'm not 100% sure. Still no room for Degen +1 to be BiS though.
[+]
By Taffy 2016-09-27 09:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think you understand my statement fully. Degen+1 isn't the best for tp gain because blurred +1 surpassed it. They have equal oat proc rate(45%), but much higher acc which allows more room to gear for multi attack with less acc. I spreadsheeted several times and blurred +1 always pulls ahead. Even in Savage spam situations Degen doesn't beat Fettering according to spreadsheet.

In other words, there isn't one situation that I find on spreadsheet allows degen +1 pull ahead of other better alternatives using any build, except self sc with sword + gun ws.

My LS mate even parsed degen +1 and blurred +1 proc rate to be 100% sure both has equal oat proc rate that there's just no room for degen to be BiS.

If doing Belphegor the ideal DD combo is Fettering+ blurred hq using Savage blade.

I understand your statement so let me rephrase this way:

I would not spend the gil on blurred +1 for what I consider a marginal increase. I was disagreeing with the statement "only useful for /war" - OP was asking for the best, and you can arhue that Blurred would be "best" but it really depends on the definition of best. If the OP was asking "what would be the absolute best set, gil and getting perfect augments on everything not being an issue" then your statement would hold true. I don't think this was his intent on asking the question though.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-27 09:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Edit: Actually, considering Belphegor resists piercing, blurred sword +1 may be better offhand but I'm not 100% sure. Still no room for Degen +1 to be BiS though.
I parsed Knife at 40% via packets a few months ago >.> I didn't save the data though, so now it makes me want to go retest it.
By eliroo 2016-09-27 09:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Just to back this up in general:

With Haste cap and DW. Fettering/Blurred Knife +1 will generate TP faster than Fettering/Demersal +1.

Fettering/Demersal +1 will generated TP faster than Fettering/Blurred Sword +1 though.

I also think he was talking about going Demersal +1/ Demersal for faster TP gain.

Which would maybe be good if 15-20 TA wasn't a possibility. (Even then Demersal +1/Blurred Knife +1 would be ideal)

Fettering is just so good in all situations that it is hard to argue against main handing it.
By Afania 2016-09-27 09:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

I would not spend the gil on blurred +1 for what I consider a marginal increase. I was disagreeing with the statement "only useful for /war" - OP was asking for the best, and you can arhue that Blurred would be "best" but it really depends on the definition of best. If the OP was asking "what would be the absolute best set, gil and getting perfect augments on everything not being an issue" then your statement would hold true. I don't think this was his intent on asking the question though.

This is silly, if someone ask for "the best" gear on forum are you saying I should suggest something that's obviously not BiS and provide misleading info to those pursue BiS?

It's one thing that you don't want to spend the gil on something BiS.

It's another thing to pop on the forum and argue with the person providing info on which weapon combo is BiS.

If you don't want to spend the gil on BiS then don't. But if someone that's seeking info on BiS items then what's the point to ask people to suggest worse gears? OP could just ask "what's a cheap and easy to obtain option for COR" if that's what you want.

Seems to me that you're trying to find a reason to justify your choice on degen instead of aiming to provide useful info.
By Afania 2016-09-27 09:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Quote:

Quote:

Just to back this up in general:

With Haste cap and DW. Fettering/Blurred Knife +1 will generate TP faster than Fettering/Demersal +1.

Fettering/Demersal +1 will generated TP faster than Fettering/Blurred Sword +1 though.

I also think he was talking about going Demersal +1/ Demersal for faster TP gain.

Which would maybe be good if 15-20 TA wasn't a possibility. (Even then Demersal +1/Blurred Knife +1 would be ideal)

Fettering is just so good in all situations that it is hard to argue against main handing it.

DW oat weapon is being discussed in the main forum. Fettering +1 blurred +1 combo > degen +1 blurred +1 combo for Savage. If using ranged ws then blurred +1 x2.

Besides self sc I just can't find one situation for degen to pull ahead, feel free to prove me wrong about degen but please don't use reasons like "I don't want to spend gil". That kind of reason has nothing to do with math.
By Afania 2016-09-27 09:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Quote:

Quote:

I parsed Knife at 40% via packets a few months ago >.> I didn't save the data though, so now it makes me want to go retest it.

You need very large sample size to get the numbers right. I believe its Nocki and Flippant who has the parse result for proc rate, which suggested it's roughly 45% like old Joyeuse.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-27 09:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you need a large sample size and I was using Flip's parser. I never did the Dem Degen NQ/+1 though. Just the Blurred Knife +1.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-09-27 09:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Atoyac stack up these days? Useful when tping for magical WS. or assuming no Blurred +1 is Degen a better offhand?
By Afania 2016-09-27 10:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
How does Atoyac stack up these days? Useful when tping for magical WS. or assuming no Blurred +1 is Degen a better offhand?

If using magical ws it's definitely the best offhand when offhand accs capped. Very long time ago when I spreadsheet I find it also beats degen when acc uncapped just because it's ws avg way higher and acc difference aren't that high.

That being said, gear options changes all the time so I would suggest you recheck again for acc uncapped situations.

Edit:This is assuming you do mab oat augment on Atoyac.
By Taffy 2016-09-27 11:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

This is silly, if someone ask for "the best" gear on forum are you saying I should suggest something that's obviously not BiS and provide misleading info to those pursue BiS?

It's one thing that you don't want to spend the gil on something BiS.

It's another thing to pop on the forum and argue with the person providing info on which weapon combo is BiS.

If you don't want to spend the gil on BiS then don't. But if someone that's seeking info on BiS items then what's the point to ask people to suggest worse gears? OP could just ask "what's a cheap and easy to obtain option for COR" if that's what you want.

Seems to me that you're trying to find a reason to justify your choice on degen instead of aiming to provide useful info.

Lol. Not trying to argue, just stating my opinion based on my experience. I have not used Blurred +1 so can't speak from experience but almost pulled the trigger and bought one until doing a lot of research. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth spending the gil for a very small, intangible difference.

So let me re clarify:

@OP - if gil isn't an issue and you don't mind spending the gil for a blurred +1, have at it.

If you would rather put the gil elsewhere, degan +1 will be so marginally different that you probably would never notice the difference and it is free and from a very easy unity nm.

@Afania - you are way too sensitive. I Wasn't trying to criticize you. Happy to give you a big bear hug on my Galka if you need one :)
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-27 11:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Ddegan+1 and would absolutely upgrade to blurred +1 when and if I get the money for it/ can find some 1 to make one because on a job that is so starved for acc having +20 on an offhand OAT wep as well as enhaste is a HUGE differance in melee fighting.

ultimately it comes down to how har you want to take the job, blurred +1 is a high teir item for someone that wants their cor to be the very best, having Ddegan instead does not make you bad it is still very good but the comparison you are making between the 2 is like saying a maxed doomsday is good enough and a Dp is not worth the money.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-27 11:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just the raw acc really, we have more of that simply because of weapon type.

Shiva.Eightball said: »
enhaste is a HUGE differance
If you like me solo a lot it sure does...considering that trusts only give us flurry................
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-27 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

or if you play with people that don't like to haste cors.... happend to me a lot lol.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-27 11:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought one on a lark, and was planning to sell it back if it ended up sucking... let's just say my Demersals ended up getting muled.

If the native acc on Blurred +1 isn't enough to convince you, consider COR's native skill ratings between Dagger and Sword... there's 16-skill difference in dagger's favor, and that contributes to acc and att.
By Afania 2016-09-27 15:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@Taffy I'm not saying you are criticizing me, but in a gear discussion every opinion shouldn't base on personal preference.

Whether blurred +1 is worth the gil or not is completely subjective, since everyone value gil differently.

However I must point out, blurred +1 has way more acc increase in one slot than most none REMA melee gear that I can think of. If you compare with other acc gears in other slot, Ramuh cost 12m and only offer 11 acc. Other acc gears such as Mache earring +1 also cost 100m+

Blurred +1 cost 20m but it offers way more acc increase than next best gear, for a job that's known to have terrible melee acc. Personally I think it's worth the price tag, and it's definitely a better investment return than things like Mache +1.

I wouldn't say 20 acc and more skill is very small increase in FFXI 2016, personally.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-27 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred +1 cost 20m
There is no sale history on any server. You can't just decide a price by yourself.
By Afania 2016-09-27 15:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Blurred +1 cost 20m
There is no sale history on any server. You can't just decide a price by yourself.

Wait what >.>, the last one sold was 20m on my server, and there are 3 sales history....check FFXIAH again.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-27 15:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't show the cross-server history on my page, I'm gonna report this as bug.
[+]
By Taffy 2016-09-27 16:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't struggled with acc yet - with that being said I haven't tried t3 or helm reisenjima as melee cor as I'm always stuck on blm.

I don't dispute the fact that blurred +1 is BiS. I'm just having a hard time justifying spending 50m (last price on Odin) for one. Also has the need for acc been weighed against the most recent update lowering high level mobs evasion?

On a side note - I'm still struggling pulling decent numbers on LS - can someone please post a BiS set for LS? I'm on my cell ATM so can't post my set but it's something like:

Fettering blade, degan +1, Holliday with mab and agi, living bullet, herc head, hands legs and feet with magic augments (still starved on wsd) mab neck and earring x2 (haven't completed quest line for moon shade yet) resonance ring and archon ring, wsd and agi cape. I do have pixie +1 that I should be putting in for LS. Also any direction on a lua for cor would be much appreciated!
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-27 16:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

first off, if you have living bullet why the hell are you using Holliday for salute?

second, the main cor thread has many of the gear options you are looking for in the last 5 pages or so.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-27 16:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide is up to date.
First Page 2 3