Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir vs Ryunohige
Gungnir vs Ryunohige
By Mithril20 2016-04-29 23:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, was curious how these two stack up against each other since the RME update. I was told Gungnir III beats Ryunohige easily? I've been wanting to make a Ryunohige and I already have a Gungnir. Thanks in Advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-29 23:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryunohige will do more damage ultimately so long as you can maintain AM3, but Gungnir is pretty good without it's aftermath. It's a shitton of accuracy, and while Geirskogul sucks, it does give DRG access to Distortion. So there is that.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2016-04-30 00:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping up am3 on drg is easier than any other job, so that should never even be an argument. But no Gungnir isnt even in the same ballpark as Ryuno. Trishula would probably be closer if anything.
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-30 00:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryu is going to be more worth your effort and gil. Dragoon has plenty of accuracy options available to it, and the AM3 of Ryu is both incredibly easy to maintain, and more potent for dealing damage both in TP and WS. as Skeero stated, DRG has some of the best tools to regaining AM3 as soon as it has worn, and it really is that much better than Gungnir.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-04-30 00:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Hey, was curious how these two stack up against each other since the RME update. I was told Gungnir III beats Ryunohige easily? I've been wanting to make a Ryunohige and I already have a Gungnir. Thanks in Advance.
Yeah, whomever told you that was way wrong.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-30 00:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

on a similar idea to this, Ryu has Drakes +30%, I've been meaning to ask this before but with all the crit rate + gear i figured drakes can get around 60% crit rate, anyone know if that would finally out beat stardiver?

edit: also with WS damage + gear only working on first hit, anyone know if the mythic boost is a true 30% increase?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-04-30 01:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on VERY basic spreadsheet work, Gungnir III only seems to beat Ryunohige III when Ryu's hitrate is below 75-80% or when Ryu is floored and Gungnir isn't.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-30 01:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudxi said: »
edit: also with WS damage + gear only working on first hit, anyone know if the mythic boost is a true 30% increase?
It is. Relic/mythic WS bonuses apply to all hits, it's a unique term applied separately from other sources of WSD.
By geigei 2016-04-30 02:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is mythic cor.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-30 03:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Trishula beat ryu in fast Content where you can't charge 3000 tp @start or when wyvern lvl is downgrade every mob (Like VW)
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-30 03:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gungnir is a nice choose but can't easiyly beat ryu. First of all: Ws. Geirskogul is not drakesbane (at least se change its mod, agi sucked) Second thing, as fillebunny9 already said as drg you can manage 3000 fast and easy.
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-30 08:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

on a similar idea to this, Ryu has Drakes +30%, I've been meaning to ask this before but with all the crit rate + gear i figured drakes can get around 60% crit rate, anyone know if that would finally out beat stardiver?

Drakesbane's Attack penalty seriously hamstrings it still. you're better off spamming Stardiver as you'll maintain a nice, higher average with AM3 giving you an extra boost. I have not gotten my cape augmented yet (maybe this month) because BLM and BLU were too good to pass up and more likely to see use. I am still torn between Crit Hit Rate 10% and sTP +10, because the latter will give you a lot of versatility for other gear slots, while the former is nice, it only really shines when I am putting up AM3.
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-30 09:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
Trishula beat ryu in fast Content where you can't charge 3000 tp @start or when wyvern lvl is downgrade every mob (Like VW)

does the Wyvern lose its TP when it loses its level? you're going to be popping Spirit Link at the start if it is up either way, so it might still maintain its utility as a TP battery.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-04-30 12:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes wyvern lose tp on delevel and most of time when you grinding recast wont be ready on nextround
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-30 17:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Drakesbane's Attack penalty seriously hamstrings it still. you're better off spamming Stardiver as you'll maintain a nice, higher average with AM3 giving you an extra boost. I have not gotten my cape augmented yet (maybe this month) because BLM and BLU were too good to pass up and more likely to see use. I am still torn between Crit Hit Rate 10% and sTP +10, because the latter will give you a lot of versatility for other gear slots, while the former is nice, it only really shines when I am putting up AM3.

i think I'm still going to make a crit cape, mainly cause i want drakes to be my best WS, i think i figured i could get crit rate at 60%+ with crit damage at +16% w/o gifts. all that with the +30% of mythic, it just feels to me like it would be the best. i would really need someone good with a spreadsheet to figure out if its honest and truly worth it though.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2016-04-30 19:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You would be wasting a cape, drakes is never going to beat stardiver unless they remove the att penalty from drakes. It is just too weak no matter how much crit you have. Even camlanns is better than drakes. And thats with Ryuno.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-30 22:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what was the agreed "best" cape for DRG, sTP 10, or something completely off the wall (go go WS DMG for Camlanns!)?
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2016-04-30 22:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did str/att/acc/stp, camlanns is good but not good enough to make a cape for imo. If you have mythic probably do stp, if you dont probably do DA. I havent done spreadsheet to back up my claim, but it makes the most sense to me.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-01 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

that was essentially my logic as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-07-13 08:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Based on VERY basic spreadsheet work, Gungnir III only seems to beat Ryunohige III when Ryu's hitrate is below 75-80% or when Ryu is floored and Gungnir isn't.

When you say beat by how much are we talking? The gap will close tighter and tighter as you drop acc to the quoted 75-80% hit rate where gungnir overtakes and I'm assuming the comparison doesn't factor in gungnirs def down?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-07-13 08:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »

When you say beat by how much are we talking? The gap will close tighter and tighter as you drop acc to the quoted 75-80% hit rate where gungnir overtakes and I'm assuming the comparison doesn't factor in gungnirs def down?

Did they up the potency on it? I thought it was less than Angon and also overwrote angon's defense down? Resulting in net loss
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-07-13 08:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have my computer available at the moment and my memory is shoddy, but I think I had Ryu doing around 20% more than Gungnir in capped hit rate situations. And yeah, that's ignoring the added effect since it's inconsistent and lower priority/potency than both Angon and Tenebral Crush, which are probably the two most popular Defense Down abilities right now.

Bear in mind that this was with an older spreadsheet that I've recently begun updating and both weapons were wearing identical sets, hence the "VERY basic spreadsheet work" bit. Can get a more accurate difference whenever I finish (assuming no one else pops up with their own spreadsheet).

edit: they updated Gungnir's Defense Down to be lower priority than Angon a while ago
[+]