Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Unity: Glazemane
Unity: Glazemane
By myaihze 2016-04-22 18:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but, here it goes.

I am looking to kill this guy and get a pair of his daggers. I have been shouting for the last few days with no bites so I figured I would post here and hope for more bites. My play time due to work and baby is kinda shitty but I am hopping to set something up for tonight/tomorrow night, 8pm ish CST, or Monday during the day.

From what I have been told by a few guys in an LS im in the best setup is corx2 bstx4 so thats what I have been looking for. If anyone is interested in doing this unity hit me up here or in game if you see me on.

Also because I know people not even on my server are likely to comment on this..feel free to leave any kinda constructive advice for low-manning this one.

Thanks.
By Verda 2016-04-22 19:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've beat him about 11 times with no daggers yet and want them too. My setup was:
NIN GEO WHM THF

NIN holds ws or WS at same time as the thf, NO magical sources of damage whatsoever, even dia or bio, which also means no skillchains.

THF will TA only the NIN, bubbles Fury + Frailty and entrust haste, when entrust runs out replace fury with haste. Sometimes THF still has to turn their back, so sub /nin on THF. Is a slowish fight but not too bad. Don't live behind the NIN if you are THF tho, only go there to TA. Also, it will do the wind damage move, which will clear all the NIN shadows, and also Miga, and then follow up with a triple attack mighty strikes before you can get shadows up again... it is kinda rare but be ready for it. Slow helps fight a lot if your whm or geo can keep it on. If stuff goes south THF can perfect dodge while NIN gets back up. You need a well geared NIN who knows his stuff, so far PLD end up dying a lot more though because he just does insane dmg sometimes so Miga helps a lot. BST Strat can def work though, just probably don't have them skillchain.
By myaihze 2016-04-22 20:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats actually really helpful information and gives me hope. geo whm and thf i can throw a stone and find, the nin might be hard but not as hard as 4 well geared bsts lol
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-04-22 22:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I remember from this is it gets stronger as the fight goes on. Its linked to either dispelling effects of Mighty Strikes usage... I lean toward Mighty Strikes usage as it seems to go up noticeable after MS.

But you can proc him by using WS(JA maybe?) when he is readying a WS only during Mighty Strikes. This will terror him for a few seconds and reset his attack bonus, it wont remove Mighty strikes though.

So if you do succeed in getting a BST party (Bstx4 GEO+COR i think would be more ideal than 2x COR), be sure to try and proc it as often as possible or by the second Mighty Strikes he will start one-shotting pets. Seen many a run wipe and fail because people didn't proc him and it killed faster than your recast timers.

Good luck sir!
By myaihze 2016-04-22 22:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

baring the advice i have gotten here in mind i rounded up some good friends and made a go of it. turns out whm geo blu mnk and dnc tears it up. only down side we caught was that if you mess up on shadows your toast
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-22 22:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

myaihze said: »
Thats actually really helpful information and gives me hope. geo whm and thf i can throw a stone and find, the nin might be hard but not as hard as 4 well geared bsts lol

FYI, if you can't find a nin, RUN/NIN is also a good shadow tank job.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-22 23:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Main issue with using RUN on it. It seems like using runes triggers it's breath attack once the elemental added effect damage hits him.

Tried it before and got dropped. Just need to be smart about it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-23 01:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Main issue with using RUN on it. It seems like using runes triggers it's breath attack once the elemental added effect damage hits him.

Tried it before and got dropped. Just need to be smart about it.

You can just back tank it to avoid added effect though.
By Verda 2016-04-23 02:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN if caught without shadow can die to deadly hold or the tail move, with back turned you miss all parries too. Would do ok as long as that doesn't happen but since it happens to NIN would happen to RUN and he diff I find there is Miga, could win with RUN/NIN just think NIN best choice for it because it will end up living the most.

Got one dagger by the way! Tore through him with 2 THF instead of one so got a lot more kills in. Still NIN tank, and he started using miso vs him and that helped a lot too. We also brought 4 song bard, scherzo is one of my fave things in the game, especially if you stack it with EA (though we didn't here) in any case no losses and lots of quick wins. Final setup then was THF THF NIN WHM GEO BRD I'm sure lots of other setups work too, I thought PUP could prob tank it pretty well, any DD that can either not pull hate or live through doing so good too but I seen deadly hold 1 shot an aegis pld in good gear so.. yah. Not every Deadly hold would but, eventually.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-23 03:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
RUN if caught without shadow can die to deadly hold or the tail move, with back turned you miss all parries too. Would do ok as long as that doesn't happen but since it happens to NIN would happen to RUN and he diff I find there is Miga, could win with RUN/NIN just think NIN best choice for it because it will end up living the most.

Got one dagger by the way! Tore through him with 2 THF instead of one so got a lot more kills in. Still NIN tank, and he started using miso vs him and that helped a lot too. We also brought 4 song bard, scherzo is one of my fave things in the game, especially if you stack it with EA (though we didn't here) in any case no losses and lots of quick wins. Final setup then was THF THF NIN WHM GEO BRD I'm sure lots of other setups work too, I thought PUP could prob tank it pretty well, any DD that can either not pull hate or live through doing so good too but I seen deadly hold 1 shot an aegis pld in good gear so.. yah. Not every Deadly hold would but, eventually.

If you don't use thf as DD, can NIN hold hate effectively off other melee though?
By Verda 2016-04-23 18:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it won't be nearly as easy since most other DD pull hate off tanks of any flavor if they go all out. That's always been a strength of THF and is often overlooked, imho. If you can stick big closing chains on the tank you can often avoid that problem on THF, for this fight you can't skillchain so that's why I did the TA only strat. RNG would be able to pull it off, and other DD would probably need outside help. Summoner has a newish pact to reduce enmity on a person every 30s for example. The other option is as the other poster did above is bounce hate, or just hold back a lot, both which I don't like either but if it works for ya then I won't shove my THF views on the greatness of THF on you :P I'd just like to see THF as a job more recognized for well, what it was designed to do basically. Enmity control, big damage, more loot, high evasion and some clever tricks up its sleeve.
By myaihze 2016-04-25 21:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I am mistaken glazemane wipe your food effect on meele hits?
By Verda 2016-04-28 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He has endispel ya, not sure if food too but shadows prevent en- effects from ever taking place.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [124 days between previous and next post]
By Afania 2016-08-30 14:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro, just wanted to provide some more info for those looking to do this NM.

*Any Melee/NIN works for this NM using melee bounce hate strat. Did a bunch with melee setup COR/NIN, BLU, BLU, GEO + trust whm spamming savage. Even with shadows from /NIN it's quite manageable with casters roll.

If it's difficult to keep shadows up with /NIN, casters roll recommended. Crooked casters roll with FC set allows any DD/NIN blink tank stuff with ichi>ichi like a Rune Fencer.

*Full time pdt- hybrid highly recommended, unless the NM is terrored with blue proc then you can switch to max dps tp set. You never know when will the NM turn to one of the melee and triple attack, wipe all shadows and one shot ppl without pdt- set on.

*Keep 2~3 shadows up full time under 20% if possible. Triple attack proc can kill ppl if there's only 1 shadow up.

*There's a jp BLU soloed this NM with trusts on youtube.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-30 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed this the other day (got NQ + enough hides to finish HQ).

It defaults to using only Great Whirlwind and Great Sandstorm. If you cast any magic that does damage it counters with Riddle (I think this is the mechanic, I am not sure as it only happened once.) When it has Mighty Strikes, it can only use physical weaponskills. We had 2x NIN maintain Migawari to prevent Sandstorm/Whirlwind from killing us but you could probably just hold it until it does Mighty Strikes if that's a concern. Using a WS while it does a WS will blue proc it and terror it, but this can only happen while it has Mighty Strikes up. An evasion build ninja might be able to solo it by holding it when it doesn't have Mighty Strikes up. I don't think I needed Torpor to hit it but I could be wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-08-30 15:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are experiencing a lot of deaths, definitely follow Verda's advice from above.
Verda said: »
Slow helps fight a lot if your whm or geo can keep it on.
If you're having trouble landing the spell, can focus/languor until it sticks, then switch to regular bubbles. Entrusting-slow seems to be very effective.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-30 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it on NIN with just trusts. It just doesn't leave much room for error.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-30 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean without trusts. Hizamaru +1 has a lot of evasion.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-30 16:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing this solo on BLU for the ranged dagger for my COR. Occultation is great for evading hits, but it's not reliable. Had a few situations where Tail Smash got through during my WS and one-shot me. I'd suggest /NIN solely for the reliability. Filamented Hold is exceptional for this fight if you're solo. Barrier Tusk is a decent choice as well for the DT-II. I can't speak to accuracy, as I was capped in my regular set at approximately 1200. Good chance it's lower than that. Just make sure not to chain, so spamming Savage is my best advice.

Basically keep up shadows as best you can and if they drop, immediately get into PDT until they're back.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2016-08-30 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My current setup for taking this down nearly 100% has been Pup x3, Cor and Geo. Pups all use VE/VE setup and make sure to keep at least 1 light element maneuver up to ensure they all use bone crusher WS, which does not SC. Remove all attachments that allow/force the auto to SC and you'll be fine.

One Pup is setup as main tank with hate generating capabilities, the other two just need to watch WS damage so they don't pull too much hate. If the Pups 1hr the fight takes 3 min for us to do...6-7 min without 1hrs.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-30 19:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I mean without trusts. Hizamaru +1 has a lot of evasion.

wasn't really in direct response to you

The other mechanic that it's a good idea to be aware of is that it seems to have a higher multi-attack rate as HP drops, starting at around 50%. If someone is doing this on NIN, definitely save Issekigan for the last ~25%.