Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Red Alignment Requirements for HMP
Red Alignment Requirements for HMP
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-21 07:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
For example, Salvage can easily compete when it takes 20 minutes per run and you get anywhere from 99-140 alex per run, with the occasional double linen drop as well.

It may only take ~20 mins per run, but you can only get KI once per Vana day right? (i.e. once per earth hour)

Thus, you have to alternate it with something else to have an optimised average gil/hr
By Bahadir 2016-04-21 07:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I have noticed that my mule (525 blue, missing someperiapt) gets shittier trash drops than my main. Specifically,he gets hi potions+2 with cobalt/rubicund cells and many fewer gemstones. Just a PSA that blue affects both trash reward quality and quantity.
Hmm...would need a large sample to verify that. Think this might just be good/bad luck. Sometimes I get like 1 stack of petrifacts in an hour and sometimes 3 Hi-Elixir in one run. The only other thing I noticed is that scrolls only appear in the first slot. But might be wrong with that.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-21 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Scrolls do only appear in the first slot. I'm not talking about the red-influenced slot though.

It has really been pretty obvious throughout the campaign. My mule will end up with lower tier medicine, fewer gemstones, etc. I'm pushing 200 HMP farmed and this has been very consistent.
By geigei 2016-04-21 09:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience cells have nothing to do with plates, only works for gear, if anything trading cells only makes it worse forcing more fajin boots instead of pouches.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [180 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-10-18 04:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you still need cells even with campaign?
By Bahadir 2016-10-18 05:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Campaign caps lights before cells. One cell increases the corresponding light by another 150% to a max of 550%.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [273 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Luckyseven
Server: Asura
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-07-17 20:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would there be a way to lower the Red alignment? Mine is always at 400.

How can I lower it?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [139 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-03 20:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting PM's/comments telling me I'm wrong about pouches dropping with just cells and no proc so figured I'd put the info I used here instead of repeating myself, with some screenshots to give a decent ballpark on drop rates.

Translated Dev post for VW lights effect on drops:
Quote:
Voidwatch (2017/4/20)

Quote:
How do the Blue and Red Alignments affect the drop rates for Empyrean materials?
We tend not to disclose all the mechanics behind how items drop, but we will share with you some information regarding “Red Alignment” and “Heavy Metal”.

Red Alignment affects the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”. By using the item “Rubicund Cell” to increase Red Alignment by 150%, the item “Heavy Metal” will be added to the list of potential drops! Increasing the alignment further will have no effects on the drop rate of “Heavy Metal”.
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)?p=6895181&viewfull=1#post6895181

Since that says "Heavy Metal" and not pouches, it's possible pouches require more than 250% (100 base + 150 from cell) or perhaps they assumed everyone has 50% from periapts already, but if they do require more, then it's between 250 and at most, 300. With both periapts, it's for sure, 1 cell = good to go.

Cell + 50% from periapts and TH2. TH doesn't matter, but the SS I got with chest + light in it happened to have TH2 on it. I stopped putting TH on them around 800 stones in when I stopped hitting provoke (TH gear in my voke/steps set) to avoid any proc so I wasn't getting Swiftwings clogging up my pouch slot (still got earrings at 300 though)

Drop rates over large sample.
2800 stones on Aello:

5%

1000 stones on Qilin (-141 pouches from Aello so 62 total)

6.2%
Qilin is higher from that, but the sample is just over 1/3 the size. I could have lost pouches to Swiftwings/Ephemeron over the 800 Aello I was using provoke on too when I did get an (un)lucky proc, but I suspect they are both on a ~5% drop rate as I was around 6% rate on Aello a few times but an unlucky streak would drop me back to 5%.

Hopefully that's of some use to people. I know BG has Aello drop rate as 8% but the source for that seemed to only be a few hundred pops. Can confirm 8% rate is possible over a good streak of 300-400 pops, but a couple bad streaks will even it out to ~5% in the long run.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-12-03 20:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIDB has Aello's drop rate on pouches at 6.3% with ~12000 samples, giving a +- 0.43% confidence rate. The drop rate with full red might even be higher than that, given that it's unlikely that every single fight had enough red.

Qilin is listed at 6% with 153000 samples (+- 0.12%).
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-12-03 21:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I did voidwatch trying to use up friends char stock before free login was over. Did 288 chests with blue + red cell, and got 9 pouches. I did a full proc once by luck with provoke, but vast majority was nothing more than a zerg.

3.125% droprate on pouch at the base red light. Horrible.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-12-03 21:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129316-Voidwatch-cells-What-do-they-do-Do-they-do-things-Lets-find-out
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-03 22:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
The drop rate with full red might even be higher than that, given that it's unlikely that every single fight had enough red.

According to translated dev post above, once you have enough red to add it to the pool of possible drops, more red doesn't improve the chance. Ie. Items are added to the list of possible drops at certain values of red, but with a static drop chance regardless of additional red light.

6% on Aello sounds right, I had a few really terrible streaks.

Edit: For the red light in that topic Byrth, at 150-199 is the first recorded drop, (ignoring the 1-49 oddity) at 1/22. Was the base 0% in 2012 and increased to 100% in an update? I never really payed attention to any of this back then, I just traded cells and smashed the beetles. If not, is that data additional light? 150% fits with max from rubicund cells if the base was 0 and it's additional. Could have just meant that 1 new cell is enough to push you past the threshold for pouches to drop too I guess. I'll have 100 or so stones again in a few days time. I'll toss them at Qilin with no cells and just the base 100+50 from periapts and see if I get any drops.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-12-03 22:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
The drop rate with full red might even be higher than that, given that it's unlikely that every single fight had enough red.

According to translated dev post above, once you have enough red to add it to the pool of possible drops, more red doesn't improve the chance. Ie. Items are added to the list of possible drops at certain values of red, but with a static drop chance regardless of additional red light.

6% on Aello sounds right, I had a few really terrible streaks.
Yeah, but I'm saying that some of those thousands of kills probably didn't have any red increase at all.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-03 22:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aah ok yeh sorry, it's well past my normal sleep time lol.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-12-04 06:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1-49 wasn't an oddity, so I would say that pouches are possible at any light level.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-04 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So is 1-49 and 50-99 not possible any more? I'm still confused by the range of 1-550, and if it's additional light or total. Data going to 550 would mean it's total light, but the 1-99 range doesn't make sense in that case since base is 100. What am I missing?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-04 21:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did about 1200 stones worth of qilin (no campaign on) duo boxing THF and GEO in 100 fight increments (I'd go crazy if I did more than that at one time).

I traded 1 rub and 1 cobalt each fight and didn't bother with procs other than the occasional random from a trust.

I didn't bother to keep track of how many pouches I got. I was more concerned with determining whether pouches were an equal / better method than farming the the NMs that drop single plates because qilin just seems easier to me.

Eyeballing it, I averaged about 100 plates per 100 pops between the two characters. Based on the posted average plates per pouch, that sounds like about a 5% drop rate to me.

Not precise, but large sample size. Do what you want with it.