Golden Kist Blu Strats?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Golden Kist Blu strats?
Golden Kist Blu strats?
By lhova 2016-03-01 08:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know of any low man or Blu focused strats for this? This NM is the only thing standing between me and IC spam and the typical start of Sch Geo Blmx2 Pld Whm won't work for me since it's starting to seem impossible to get a pug together. And when I was lucky enough to get the right jobs members wouldn't have the proper gear or JPS to kill it fast enough. Please help...
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-02 06:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Anyone know of any low man or Blu focused strats for this? This NM is the only thing standing between me and IC spam and the typical start of Sch Geo Blmx2 Pld Whm won't work for me since it's starting to seem impossible to get a pug together. And when I was lucky enough to get the right jobs members wouldn't have the proper gear or JPS to kill it fast enough. Please help...

It's been discussed in the other thread, blu, cor, blm, geo, leaden salute SC mb death and kill it in less than 1 min really is the easiest way to do it, other strategies such as melee burn just involves more skill, coordination and experience.

Also death cap at 100k dmg, so your setup with 2 blm won't be able to kill it fast enough since you'd need 2 SC, thus harder.

If your cor and blm are under geared go on darksday, get geo to 1hr and push their dmg higher. Or make sch mb helix then zombie it to death.

If you still want to do melee burn then sorry can't help you there. GL.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-02 14:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't just push it down fast, here's some more depth info on him:

- Manafont gives him Dia/Zombie aura, I recall he uses it every 25%
- Manafont can be cancelled (white proc) if you burst the element strong to what he most recently nuked with. Ie: if he does Aero, hit him with Ice MB.
- He has a move that sets all of your stats to 1 (even with gear, etc). This effect is uneraseable, but it can be prevented using stat buffs, including Braver's Drink and Fenrir's Ecliptic Growl (even when subbed). I don't think he uses it until 50%, and doesn't use with often until below 25%.
[+]
By Zephin 2016-03-03 19:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
If you can't just push it down fast, here's some more depth info on him:

- Manafont gives him Dia/Zombie aura, I recall he uses it every 25%
- Manafont can be cancelled (white proc) if you burst the element strong to what he most recently nuked with. Ie: if he does Aero, hit him with Ice MB.
- He has a move that sets all of your stats to 1 (even with gear, etc). This effect is uneraseable, but it can be prevented using stat buffs, including Braver's Drink and Fenrir's Ecliptic Growl (even when subbed). I don't think he uses it until 50%, and doesn't use with often until below 25%.

Did Golden Kist last night, the white proc happens on element strong to what he most recently nuked, but you don't need to burst it, we would just spam any tier and it would proc
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-03 22:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea you need some kind of capable nuker with you to drop that damn aura. Also since it wasnt mentioned here if you get a geo, vex/attune is great for the stun/poison crap, then you just gotta deal with his aura and you're fine. If your blu is good enough you can self sc and the geo can probably burst the aura off even with vex/attune up. Req > cdc for dark and cdc > cdc for light, august can tank this fine when aura is down. That said, a 3rd doesnt hurt you since hp only scales down to 3 anyways. Best of luck.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-03 22:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply