users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Caladbolg V3
Caladbolg V3
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-14 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the recent update with REM, is a maxed out Caladbolg a true contender for DRK BIS now?

I am working on upgrading my liberator atm, but once done I am seriously considering getting Caladbolg done this year. My question is the triple attack AM, will this activate on WS (i.e do 3 x the damage?) I was messing around in Moh gates at the weekend and was able to do some 22k Torcleavers on the Eft's and Leech's there (Non apex) with a maxed attack build and trust set up. Could this turn into a 60k WS or am i way off the mark here??

On siren prices have dropped on heavy metal and Rifcinders. Total amount of gil would be around 280 million to fully upgrade. My preferrd method is Alex to gil. At 5k per Alex I'm looking around 56,000 Alex to farm and sell then buy the neccessary items to upgrade the Caladbolg, (which is around 7-8 months farming for a working family man as myself) That combined with liberators absorb benefits would mean a huge absorb VIT, switch to Caladbolg get AM up and running and still have 2 mins on the absorb boost.

This is another monumental challenge, but I love the game for it. Am I on to something here or is my logic miles off? Please let me know sooner then later

Thanks
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-14 11:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ragnarok dunks it solely because it has 60 more accuracy and anything that matters is going to make full use of it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-02-14 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
ragnarok dunks it solely because it has 60 more accuracy and anything that matters is going to make full use of it
Higher level stuff yes but I see calad destroying rag on lower lvl content
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-14 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My question is the triple attack AM, will this activate on WS (i.e do 3 x the damage?)

Empyrean Aftermaths have never activated on WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2016-02-14 12:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the DMG on Single Attacks that will be Tripled,similar to the hidden effects on Relics i think.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-15 03:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bloodlusty said: »
Due to the recent update with REM, is a maxed out Caladbolg a true contender for DRK BIS now?

I am working on upgrading my liberator atm, but once done I am seriously considering getting Caladbolg done this year. My question is the triple attack AM, will this activate on WS (i.e do 3 x the damage?) I was messing around in Moh gates at the weekend and was able to do some 22k Torcleavers on the Eft's and Leech's there (Non apex) with a maxed attack build and trust set up. Could this turn into a 60k WS or am i way off the mark here??

On siren prices have dropped on heavy metal and Rifcinders. Total amount of gil would be around 280 million to fully upgrade. My preferrd method is Alex to gil. At 5k per Alex I'm looking around 56,000 Alex to farm and sell then buy the neccessary items to upgrade the Caladbolg, (which is around 7-8 months farming for a working family man as myself)

Umm why don't you do VD BC for gil? Atm it's a hell lot more efficient to farm gil in VD battlefield for 3-4m per hr, I don't think you can farm that much gil per hr by selling alex at 5k each? Some ppl literally made like 100m last week by spamming BC all day long.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-15 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
My question is the triple attack AM, will this activate on WS (i.e do 3 x the damage?)

Empyrean Aftermaths have never activated on WS.

Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh said: »
It's the DMG on Single Attacks that will be Tripled,similar to the hidden effects on Relics i think.

Thanks. I will not bother pushing for this then. Maxxed out liberator and Apoc it is :)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-15 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Higher level stuff yes but I see calad destroying rag on lower lvl content

sure, but i'm not sure you want to spend 400m+ just for a trash mob weapon
[+]