Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sublimation
Sublimation
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2016-02-01 17:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, working on updating my GS a little bit. What does everyone do for enhanced sublimation? So if I am in Idle/PDT gear and I use sublimation, do you guys sacrifice PDT for enhanced sublimation, or no? Maybe that isn't how it works? Any insight would be much appreciated!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-01 18:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle and PDT should be two different sets. There's no conflict here.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-02-01 18:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What Nightfyre said. Your sets should be different, and seeing as gear or food that brings your max hp up enhances sublimation, your set should contain:

Refresh items

HP+ items

(if you're a sch, items that enhance Sublimation effects...but you knew that!)

On another note, Genbu's Shield would be a good item to work on for Sublimation if you're bored. HP+ through augments and PDT, if you're really worried about needing both at the same time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2016-02-01 20:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They are but if I use sublimation, take body for instance it has to be worn while sublimation is building correct? That means I am out one slot right?

Edit I'm a little past getting gear. It was more of a logic question. Also speaking in terms if I am playing solo, or whatever situation may occur where I want MP, but not at the cost of getting hit harder. Maybe that clears some of it up?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-01 21:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It does need to be worn, yes.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2016-02-01 21:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, maybe I am not being clear. I shouldn't have assumed you knew I already knew that (That was suppose to be rhetorical). I'm not asking if it has to be worn, so sorry. I'm saying for the people who do bigger NM's solo and such. In your Gearswap; when you use sublimation, does it subtract from your idle / engaged sets if that's how it works? I don't use any pre-built sets so I am not sure. If I am engaged, for trust, and I swap to PDT, and use sublimation it would negate 3-4 of those slots cause I need to lock them on for sublimation. That being said, where do you draw the line of importance / priority for stuff like that?

Sorry though, I am appreciating the help, just not what I am looking for. :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-01 22:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is the same. You don't need to lock them in for the duration of Sublimation, same as you wouldn't wear that gear during a nuke, buff, or cure. Wear PDT while you need PDT then switch back to Sublimation gear in your idle set; it'll mean less HP to cure and potentially keep your Sublimation from ending prematurely.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2016-02-01 22:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya the problem is if I'm in a full DT set while solo'ing something that is my idle set. I guess I just wanted to know how others handled this. Ill just have to implement a check so that if I'm idle in DT sets sublimation gear won't overlap.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-02 01:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In most lua's you'll find sets called

sets.buff.FullSublimation
sets.buff.PDTSublimation

Adjust there according.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2016-02-02 18:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks speedy, I guess I just have to adjust accordingly. I guess I was just wondering if it's worth the extra effort to implement. I use my own GS file, just because I tend to like how I have more control over everything. Thanks.